Fixing fps issues

• hey guys,

most time my fps good, feeling no drops or something. but the arenamap really trys to kill my pc, theres no gameflow anyway. is there a way to fix that? dont want to turn everything fine in the graphics off, a quite good looking game with “constant” fps would be nice

thanks

system:

i7 870, 2.93 ghz
    8 gb ram
    gtx 580

• i got same problem on arena.

• I also have the same problem, my pc should be able to run all maps at 60 fps constant but does 40 - 60 most of the time and about 20 - 30 on arena.

560 ti
    4gb ram
    3.00 ghz x4 processor

• I get pretty heavy FPS drops and setting all settings to low dosen’t help. I am going to try some tweaks in the .ini and see if I can find what is causing the problem. If I find anything major I’ll make a new thread about how to fix it.

• I believe there are some known issues with Arena that are still being optimized.

• @hashslingingslasher:

I also have the same problem, my pc should be able to run all maps at 60 fps constant but does 40 - 60 most of the time and about 20 - 30 on arena.

560 ti
    4gb ram
    3.00 ghz x4 processor

I think you are overestimating your hardware. I used to have a 5850 wich is the amd equivalent of 560 ti and by the x4 im guessing its a phenom cpu? I used to have that too.

Then i decided to upgrade because newer games werent playable on high settings anymore.

Now im on gtx 670 OC, i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz, 8gb RAM and an SSD.

Everything maxed out, no matter what map and how many players, my fps will not go below 60 with vsync.

• @Menschenfresser:

hey guys,

most time my fps good, feeling no drops or something. but the arenamap really trys to kill my pc, theres no gameflow anyway. is there a way to fix that? dont want to turn everything fine in the graphics off, a quite good looking game with “constant” fps would be nice

thanks

system:

i7 870, 2.93 ghz
    8 gb ram
    gtx 580

try redoing your resolution size :DDDDDDD

• @pulsar:

@hashslingingslasher:

I also have the same problem, my pc should be able to run all maps at 60 fps constant but does 40 - 60 most of the time and about 20 - 30 on arena.

560 ti
    4gb ram
    3.00 ghz x4 processor

I think you are overestimating your hardware. I used to have a 5850 wich is the amd equivalent of 560 ti and by the x4 im guessing its a phenom cpu? I used to have that too.

Then i decided to upgrade because newer games werent playable on high settings anymore.

Everything maxed out, no matter what map and how many players, my fps will not go below 60 with vsync.

LOL I think YOU are overestimating your hardware. 5850=560ti? LOL no. I have a 6950 and its about the equivalent of a 580.

• A 560 is about the same performance level as a 470; a little less.

While a 470 is a little stronger than a 5850, a little more.

So a 560 Ti is about the same as a 5850 in reality. Better DX11 performance & tessellation though.

• @FoeHammer:

@pulsar:

@hashslingingslasher:

560 ti
    4gb ram
    3.00 ghz x4 processor

LOL I think YOU are overestimating your hardware. 5850=560ti? LOL no. I have a 6950 and its about the equivalent of a 580.

i remembered it wrong, 5850 was closer to 460. 6950 was the 560ti equivalent. Anyway it doesnt matter since they are all old and bad cards now.

• You remembered it right, buddy^
    http://www.hwcompare.com/8916/geforce-g … n-hd-5850/

560 TI is barely more powerful. It is, but not by like a super huge amount.