Agatha Knight - Wedge Set

• Hey guys, I really enjoyed making items for this game (Better comments than dota guys for sure XD) and was thinking of getting into creating some more. So registereeeddddd

The set I created can be found at Here

I would love some comments, and ideas on what kind of sets you guys would be into? Or any particular class that seems to be favored. I have not played the game much, was more interested in the creation, so ideas are apreciated! Was thinking of something for man at arms next.

And here are a couple of shots -

• I’m just going to copy my short comment from the contest thread.

*** Wedge set**
    The warhammer looks like some kind of prototype from dark ages but the helmet looks decent enough.

I do like your helmet but at least to my eyes it’s a bit too dark compared to armor’s plates (same aesthetic problem that horseman’s helm has) but even then it is one of the better helmets that came from the contest. The emblem on forehead is a nice touch and isn’t too and the helmet looks like something that I could imagine someone wearing for battle.

@shivmoo:

I would love some comments, and ideas on what kind of sets you guys would be into? Or any particular class that seems to be favored. I have not played the game much, was more interested in the creation, so ideas are apreciated! Was thinking of something for man at arms next.

The main gripe that people had with contest creations was that most of them were way too high fantasy. While Chivalry is a fantasy game, it tries to keep somewhat medieval feeling with weapons and armor. There are some offenders, mainly double axe and grand mace, that didn’t exist and would be terrible weapons but apparently they still look and feel like medieval instruments of war for most the people.

So I would say people are for sets that look and feel medieval and usable at the same time. I don’t think people much cared for the first DLC helmet batch that contained mostly silly fantasy helmets but apparently everyone loved the second DLC agatha archer helmet and it was just plain kettle hat.

Everyone seems to favor knights but don’t let that cloud your vision, create whatever you want. Just try to keep helmets relevant to classes. Pretty much all vanguards wear greathelms of different types, knights wear plate helmets with visors or mouthguards, men at arms wear generic common helmets etc.

• Awesome, thanks for the feedback!
    I agree about the hammer, it was a little bit last minute as work caught up with me and had to cram it in at the end :(.
    I think the eye issue on the helmet comes from it being tucked in, so shadowing in this case. As it has the same rough values as the front of the helm, will keep that in mind.

Cool, sounds good. I prefer the more standard helmets as well, Will look into men at arms :)
    thanks man!

• I really like that helmet, the metal texture is just a little bit too dark.

Not a big fan of the hammer, looks really blocky and bulky.

• I dunno. The helmet makes him look like a walrus to me for some reason.

• it kinda does lmao

• Which is fine, too. Some people may feel like a walrus when they play knight.

• Haha, Dudeface! Now that you said it, it does kind of look like a walrus!

• the resemblance is uncanny

• @shivmoo:

I’d buy that so hard.

• @shivmoo:

I didn’t like any of those helmets that tried to imitate animal heads… but this… this is different!

• I’m disappointed you didn’t win :(
    My favorite helmet!
    The warhammer was neat too.
    Oh well

• @Gauntlet:

I’m disappointed you didn’t win :(
    My favorite helmet!
    The warhammer was neat too.
    Oh well

I’m not a big fan of this set, but seeing what actually won… I would have prefered this. Not in place of the Hound set, mind you, but… most of the others. coughvanguardscough

• little hiatus, wanted to play some gammeesss, sorry :x

Yeah, hound is nice! Was tempted to do one like that, glad i didn’t!

Minor updates to the helmet, brought up the brightness a bit and added bolts type things to help with the crosses attachment to the face.

• now that looks really nice

• The texturing fits in perfectly, I’m a bit confused by the bottom/chin section though, it appears to be attached to the visor so can move but is riveted to the part underneath?

• the holes are little bit too big to be completely black imho, it might be better to actually have them be real holes you can see thru

• Is it a symmetrical texture? If not I’d quite like to see vents on only one side, like this:

For some reason it always looks tough as nails to me, and if you follow joe’s advice and had them as real holes it’d also cut down on your geometry budget.

EDIT: oh, AND: what does it look like on the Elite Knight/Barbarian? Almost all the knight helmets look terrible on the Elite, so you might want to see about a tailored version, the barbarian gets away with more as it’s closer in style, but does have a big bushy beard that can cause clipping issues. Is there a visor up version?

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.