Hammer Decap

• Hey first of all just want to say this game is very fun and it looks great. However I was thinking about the decapitations from 1h hammers and similar weapons…and it reminded me of Age of Chivalry where one of the loading screens said that a proper downward swing with the warhammer could crush and enemies skull in.

Now for a while I thought you could really do it, and not just explode their head, but have some gruesome crushed in head animation. Now I am not suggesting that this be added.

But a new Decap animation for all weapons could be added where only part of the victims head it ripped off, leaving some of the face. This could be randomly selected on impact if the head will decap, explode (like from hammers currently) or be split open (or partially cut off).

Not necessary but it would add a whole new level of brutal to this already very brutal and realitic game. Not to ention it’s starting to get silly seeing every head just explode, helmet and all, from my 1h hammer.

• Partial decapitations. Grim, and I like it.

• Yeah Partial Decapitations would have been a better Post Title lol.

• oyeah that sounds good , smashing half o/t head away , more realsistic too

• You’d have to restrict the partial decapitations on heavy helmeted characters though, as it would look a little silly to just cut their helmets clean in half. But for everyone else, it would be AWESOME.

• Hahaha that would be great, it would make the game more realistic and you can see what kind of damage your actually causing to the player.

• @mellowtooth:

You’d have to restrict the partial decapitations on heavy helmeted characters though, as it would look a little silly to just cut their helmets clean in half. But for everyone else, it would be AWESOME.

While they’re wearing a helmet, you could just crush it in, but if you knock the helmet off… >:)

• @mellowtooth:

You’d have to restrict the partial decapitations on heavy helmeted characters though, as it would look a little silly to just cut their helmets clean in half. But for everyone else, it would be AWESOME.

Yeah I agree that would look weird. They could possibly just have the top of the head become cracked off, the helmet then rolls off, exposing the head with a large chunk missing.

The current animation of the head completely exploding inside the helmet looks silly too.

• @Hal9000:

@mellowtooth:

Yeah I agree that would look weird. They could possibly just have the top of the head become cracked off, the helmet then rolls off, exposing the head with a large chunk missing.

The current animation of the head completely exploding inside the helmet looks silly too.

Wait, heads explode in the helmet currently? When? Don’t have the game…

• @mellowtooth:

Wait, heads explode in the helmet currently? When? Don’t have the game…

When struck by a blunt weapon to the skull on a killing blow, much like sharp weapons that strike the neck on a killing blow will decapitate.

• I think partial severing of limps is an awesome idea, so enemies can be killed an unlimited amount of bloody awesome ways. Would be a really unique feature for the game to have.

• Actually yeah, why limit it to the head? We should be able to chop off hands and feet or portions of arms. Love the gore as it is now, but more articulation points of dismemberment would only add to the brutality of the game.

• Sounds great!
    This reminds me of something I saw while playing yesterday. I was running around when I saw a dead body lying near a ledge. The body’s arm was hanging down over the edge, and that caused the model’s arm to seem like it was slashed most of the way through at the shoulder, just hanging on by a bit of flesh.
    The gory amputated stub was visable because of what I assume was a glitch, but it looked very fitting.

• @mellowtooth:

Actually yeah, why limit it to the head? We should be able to chop off hands and feet or portions of arms. Love the gore as it is now, but more articulation points of dismemberment would only add to the brutality of the game.

It’s not limited to the head. You can also chop off arms and legs completely.

• @Jake:

@mellowtooth:

Actually yeah, why limit it to the head? We should be able to chop off hands and feet or portions of arms. Love the gore as it is now, but more articulation points of dismemberment would only add to the brutality of the game.

It’s not limited to the head. You can also chop off arms and legs completely.

Yeah I know that. I was talking about why limit partial dismemberment to the head, we should be able to chop off hands and feet rather than just entire arms and legs.