Whos bright idea was it?

• Whos bright idea was it to change the chase mechanic to turn you into the fucking Flash at random intervals?

• Torn Banner.

• actually it was mine

• Global Moderator

I helped come up with the idea.

• Well at least they have ideas unlike you op. Pebbypeonpeasantcritics the worst kind of crassness tbh.
    you cry if they don’t and whine when they do, its no wonder TB doesn’t listen to most of you budgies

• Well, at least you can catch up to people now.

• the only reason the chase mechanic is in the game is because of the shitstorm people would make because they couldn’t catch up to skirmishing archers as a knight wearing full plate armour with a shield and two large weapons.

I’d prefer it if they removed the mechanic entirely, and maybe gave the heavier classes a tad more armour. It would certainly create a lot more class diversity and tactics.

• @wyrda78:

the only reason the chase mechanic is in the game is because of the shitstorm people would make because they couldn’t catch up to skirmishing archers as a knight wearing full plate armour with a shield and two large weapons.

I’d prefer it if they removed the mechanic entirely, and maybe gave the heavier classes a tad more armour. It would certainly create a lot more class diversity and tactics.

Yes, diverse tactics like

Run away and shoot with (cross)bow
    Run away and spam throwables around ammo box
    Run away and throw javelins
    Run away and sling pebbles
    Run away and sling lead balls
    Run away and call for help
    Run away and run away
    Run away and F10
    Run away

It would certainly make chasing archers that much more fun! I would also love if nobody could engage men at arms if they don’t want to fight or if they are trying to regenerate. I’d also love to be unable to catch anyone as a knight.

Also, two large weapons?

• Day 3: MAA still a small spec in the distance. Tomorrow, I will try and cut him off pass the river, but I fear it will only waste the rest of my stamina. May the lord have mercy on my soul.

This is the lone knight, signing off.

• Wait, I thought of another one:

“Two MAA, both alike in dignity,
    In fair Arena, where we lay our scene,
    From Malric grudge break to new mutiny,
    Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
    From forth the fatal stabs of these two foes
    A pair of star-cross’d lovers waste their life;
    Whose piteous running overthrows
    Do with their timer bury their endless’ strife.
    The fearful passage of their jogging,
    And the continuance of the back ones’ rage,
    Which, but to his end, nought could remove,
    Is now the two hours’ traffic of our stage;
    The which if you with patient ears attend,
    What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.”

• Funny how AOC never had a chase mechanic and it played just fine because people knew how to flank and cut angles to chase pesky archers and they were far easier to kill in melee. It also had the circle strafing speed boost. It was a very nice trade off along with throwing weapons. Chiv’s initial chase mechanic was an interesting addition with both front and behind boost, but too many complained and it got nerfed and broken in the process. SO instead of actually fixing the chase mechanic in making it consistent when it activates in the proper distance now it is just silly and even more unreliable and spastic.

• gif old chase mechanic

• The new speed boost made me miss an attack because i suddenly went so fast. I still wonder if it’s just a matter of getting used to it. I’m glad they did something…

• @Agent:

The new speed boost made me miss an attack because i suddenly went so fast. I still wonder if it’s just a matter of getting used to it. I’m glad they did something…

Not if it is the wrong something.

• Maybe stop running like a little bitch and it wouldn’t be an issue.

• for real talk doe i thought this was a mistake/bug from the patch but if its working as intended lol what kinda idiot thought this made any sense at all… real talk

• chase mech needed a buff, i really wanted it implemented but not how it currently is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odwnpFwuwF8

• The problem was never chase not being fast enough, the problem was chase conking out for no goddamn reason at all, which it still does. It just matters less because now you’re more likely to catch up before it does.

Like most things, they should have fixed the initial problem, not come up with a work around.

• @McLumberjack:

The problem was never chase not being fast enough, the problem was chase conking out for no goddamn reason at all, which it still does. It just matters less because now you’re more likely to catch up before it does.

Like most things, they should have fixed the initial problem, not come up with a work around.

THIS…… is basically what I have already said but glad to see more people coming around to seeing the real issue

• @McLumberjack:

The problem was never chase not being fast enough, the problem was chase conking out for no goddamn reason at all, which it still does. It just matters less because now you’re more likely to catch up before it does.

I’ve never had a problem with chase kicking in, but MAAs and archers could run across half the map before you caught up as a knight before, that is stupid.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.