Polycount Arms & Armor Contest Winners!

• http://www.polycount.com/2014/10/16/arms-and-armor-winners/

Hey folks!

Congratulations to the participants on an incredibly successful competition! Over one quarter of all entrants submitted a final piece! There are so many great entries that the judging process was a real challenge for us. We’ve been blown away not only by the high number of entries, but the crazy quality of so many of them.

Here’s a breakdown of the entries:
    Archer (mason/agatha/both): 5 (2/2/1)
    Man at Arms (mason/agatha/both): 9 (5/3/1)
    Vanguard (mason/agatha/both): 9 (4/2/3)
    Knight (mason/agatha/both): 24 (8/8/8 )

Competition was incredibly fierce for the three knight slots!

After the announcement, we will begin the work of integrating the winners through the workshop. So far, we’re the only non-Valve game to attempt revenue sharing, so we’re currently working with them to get it up and running. This competition was also an excellent stress-test for our uploader and workshop integration, and we’ve definitely found some frustrating hiccups with that, so we’re working on ironing them out.

It’s super important to note that even if you you didn’t finish your entry or it didn’t win, there will still be opportunities to end up in the store in the future. Though the 12 entries that won here will end up in the store first, they won’t be the last. To this end, we may be giving focussed feedback to entries that are unfinished, just slightly off the quality mark, or were awesome but were in one particular category where competition was so intense we had to fight about who would win.

As part of the ongoing UGC community we’d like to foster around Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, we will be moving this forum to the User Generated Content section of polycount, where people will be able to continue working on their submissions, and share progress on new ones!

We’d also like to announce that all of the temporary Steam keys we gave out are now permanent. We want to encourage creators to stay creative, and we’d like to thank you for participating!

We also have a unique Polycount helmet just for this contest that we’re patching into the game. This helmet will be available to wear for ALL participants in the Polycount contest, not just people who submitted a final entry!

To receive the helmet, we need all participants to send us their Steam ID numbers. To get that number, go to your Steam profile, right click on the blank space on the page and select “Copy Page URL”.

Please send these URLs to polycountcontest@tornbanner.com along with a link to your entry thread. The item will be available in an upcoming hotfix of the game planned to be released very soon!

Thanks again to Adam and Drew, the PC community for their valuable feedback, and most of all, the participants of the contest!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• What is considered fantasy? Like its not possible to be created in the world we live in? As long as it is possible to made by a blacksmith of that era, I’m down with it. Not too crazy about somethings. But I’m down with it.

• Only big disappointments for me are burning sun and crushed hat. Knight choices seem good. I know people will rage over styrian ls not making it but when another good looking ls with a hat to go with it is entered what should you expect? They even said in the rules a set is preferable…now why they picked burning sun over one of the good looking zwei skins is silly…

• This post is deleted!

• If I see anyone using the crusher helmet, I will make it a top priority to knock it off with my crossbow.

• This post is deleted!

• wheres mah favorite longsword at?

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• It would be nice if TBS could comment on an ETA for the addition of all the items on the Workshop that did not belong to the contest. Some of them had been submitted weeks before the competition and at this rate, they may never get reviewed/added in the game.

@zombojoe:

wheres mah favorite longsword at?

if you mean the Styrian, it’s not on the Polycount contest iirc. and I want it badly too.

Edit: Nope, it WAS on the contest.
    Ugh :/

• Ok tb, now that we have a badass looking bearded axe, pls buff it’s damage and release times so people will use it

• @swagfox:

Ok tb, bow that we have a badass looking bearded axe, pls buff it’s damage and release times so people will use it

Dude, if they did that, you couldn’t be a hipster using it. That’s what cool kids do now a days. Its all about being different.

• @ChuckingIt:

Dude, if they did that, you couldn’t be a hipster using it. That’s what cool kids do now a days. Its all about being different.

That’s true. I already play with my bardouche skin being a hipster so I’m quite skilled at being different already

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Archer and MAA ones are pretty good

Vanguard skins are just absolutely awful

Knight the hound set is probably the best one, the dark ornate is a bit too fantasy. The bearded axe skin’s good.

No styrian longsword? 0/10

If all this fantasy garbage is gonna actually make it into the game at least give us an option to disable it client side.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!