Cove - library

• Burning the library sucks, I have to pick a torch and run all the way in.

What is the deal with the bottom level - I have burnt the top level (one section once) but I throw a torch at the bottom level bookcase and nothing happens.

• Did you break the other entrance or lighted the fires in the middle of hall? that may help.

• I think you only have to burn the top level.

it really sucks getting stuck with a torch in hand in there.

• It would be so much better if we were allowed to parry with the torch.
    You can’t do anything when you’re in a pub game, but run the huge gauntlet and hope they miss you.

• Oh man, if only there were 2 large torchholders by the altar that you can throw a torch on to lit up so you could grab torches closer, that’d be neat. Oh wait there is. . .

• Global Moderator

@Xylvion:

Oh man, if only there were 2 large torchholders by the altar that you can throw a torch on to lit up so you could grab torches closer, that’d be neat. Oh wait there is. . .

^Bingo.

Learn to play the maps lol. Should of played it on a custom map server.

• Yup, the torchholders are very effective. Just post a few guys in there and make sure to keep both holders alight so if one of them is put out, you can reignite it very quickly.

• Yep, the secondary spawn when you break open the door and the braziers you can light next to it make it easy.

• @lemonater47:

^Bingo.

Learn to play the maps lol. Should of played it on a custom map server.

Learn not to be a twit perhaps as usual your post is useless - but hey you are getting closer to 10,000 and the hat for the most annoying posts !

Thanks for the other peoples replies though, I only see this map once in a while so hard to explore much.

• @Xylvion:

Oh man, if only there were 2 large torchholders by the altar that you can throw a torch on to lit up so you could grab torches closer, that’d be neat. Oh wait there is. . .

Except those torchholders take a fair bit of effort to light in the first place, then you still have to run a huge gauntlet to burn the bookcases (especially on the top left). And then just to top it off, the torch holders then need to be re-lit.
    It’s fine if you have a team that can defend the torch holder, but in a general pub that is NEVER going to happen and with the new chase “fix”, tunneling through with a torch is near impossible.

The best way to fix it imo, would be removing the indestructible tapestry’s hanging over the library balcony so you can throw torches easily from the ground floor. and perhaps making the ignitable torchholders permanent when lit.

• You can basically throw a torch from 3 meters inside the backdoor and hit the torch holders, not hard to lit them, then you just take out the 4-5 enemies around there and grab a torch and run inside the lirary, you can hit most bookshelves from the lower level.

• it’s pretty tough, but if you can draw enough players out your team can get in there. I got sick of running in there last night and getting smashed by all of their team guarding the doors… so i just ran into their spawn area and camped it and killed a bunch of people… my teammates eventualy just burned it all because agatha wasn’t getting any reinforcements lol

• @50ShadesofClay:

it’s pretty tough, but if you can draw enough players out your team can get in there. I got sick of running in there last night and getting smashed by all of their team guarding the doors… so i just ran into their spawn area and camped it and killed a bunch of people… my teammates eventualy just burned it all because agatha wasn’t getting any reinforcements lol

i must try this revolutionary tactic