Silent treatment discussion thread

• So this post caught my attention.

Is this really acceptable to you? Autistic player gets banned, is confused why, asks politely why did he get banned and gets silent treatment. Another guy who didn’t have anything to do with the banning has to step in, investigate it and then explain because the original ban issuer remained silent without any good reason.

Looks like best plan is to just avoid official servers since you don’t even get an explanation why you were banned without writing an essay on forums.

inb4 deleted, locked, infractioned and b& for “questioning moderator choices” or “calling autistic person autistic” or some other bs

PS: Slasher soon pls, I want to get off Mr. Tibbs’ Wild Ride.

• Just wait for slasher, you people are putting in too much thoughts about these things, we all know the game is dead and this whole situation is fucked up

you cant post anything on these forums that isnt torn banner ass licking without it getting removed

they think removing posts like that wont make anyone notice, but the whole community knows. I think the moderators on this forum completely fucked TBS reputation too, eventually promoting censorship

• This post is deleted!

• The guy was mouthing off just like every other superedgy internet 12 year old. He’s just trying to rustle jimmies by demanding explanations and then getting righteously indignant about it.

• @CRUSHED:

Just wait for slasher, you people are putting in too much thoughts about these things, we all know the game is dead and this whole situation is fucked up

you cant post anything on these forums that isnt torn banner ass licking without it getting removed

they think removing posts like that wont make anyone notice, but the whole community knows. I think the moderators on this forum completely fucked TBS reputation too, eventually promoting censorship

The thing is, if I want to enjoy multiplayer melee video game right now, Chivalry is really the only viable choice.

Other contenders are:

Mount & Blade: Warband

• As you probably know the parry system is pants on head retarded, archers are OP there too, cavalry is dumb, shieldstacking is dumb etc.

War of the Roses/Vikings

• Terribad M&B clones.

Blade Symphony

• Really a 3d fighting game where everything you do roots you in place. Terrible.

And since Slasher is not going to be out THAT soon, all I am left with is Chivalry if I want melee.

• @Kreittis:

The thing is, if I want to enjoy multiplayer melee video game right now, Chivalry is really the only viable choice.

Other contenders are:

Mount & Blade: Warband

• As you probably know the parry system is pants on head retarded, archers are OP there too, cavalry is dumb, shieldstacking is dumb etc.

War of the Roses/Vikings

• Terribad M&B clones.

Blade Symphony

• Really a 3d fighting game where everything you do roots you in place. Terrible.

And since Slasher is not going to be out THAT soon, all I am left with is Chivalry if I want melee.

Well thats the problem alot of people have right now, no proper melee game to play. I recommend CS GO for the meanwhile

• @CRUSHED:

Well thats the problem alot of people have right now, no proper melee game to play. I recommend CS GO for the meanwhile

I’m playing Planetside 2 in the meanwhile actually but even it is starting to show symptoms of TBS-itis.

@dudeface:

The guy was mouthing off just like every other superedgy internet 12 year old. He’s just trying to rustle jimmies by demanding explanations and then getting righteously indignant about it.

This wasn’t clear anywhere so all we were left was impression of bad moderation.

• ‘Magicka: Wizard wars’ and ‘Planetside 2’ is where it’s at atm.
    ‘Magicka: WW’ is a skillbased 3rd person magician game, still in beta though.

• planetside 2 is one of the worst games ive ever played lol, proof that alot of players =/= good gameplay

• I don’t play Planetside 2 for good team vs team matches like CS or Quake or something like that. I play Planetside 2 for clusterfucks and anti-armor tanking. I also love the occasional mad tells from cloaked infiltrators how I accidentally trickshot with anti-armor dumbfire rocket launcher that needs 2 hits to kill infantry.

Speaking of Planetside 2, if anyone plays in Miller NC, I want YOU to join Le Pum8s Tank Crew so that PumA can stop bothering me every time he wants to go tanking. Join now for easy certs!

To join, contact your nearest outfit officer.

• @Kreittis:

This wasn’t clear anywhere so all we were left was impression of bad moderation.

That thread isn’t really meant as a debate through which the public is offered insight into ban decisions, it’s just a place for people to post their ban appeals.

• Global Moderator

Don’t try and help admins. I really hate it when I warn one guy and some other guy comes along, sides with me and does something even worse. Real face palm moment. You can’t let it slide. If you let it slide then others on the server get pissy because you didn’t punish him for breaking the rules just because he took you’re side. Or they start getting ideas thinking they can break the rules if they “help” the admin.

“Helping” an admin by abusing the guy he is telling off/warning making racists comments against that guy is not helping. Its doing the complete opposite. And it makes the admin feel bad for punishing both of them. But it has to be done.

That’s why he had to be banned. An admin should be able to explain that. That’s the reason why I would of done it and have done it in the past.

• @CRUSHED:

planetside 2 is one of the worst games ive ever played lol, proof that alot of players =/= good gameplay

well flying around in those fighter ships is pretty fun imho

takes a lot of skill to avoid a clusterfuck of flak and homing missles

• @Kreittis:

I don’t play Planetside 2 for good team vs team matches like CS or Quake or something like that. I play Planetside 2 for clusterfucks and anti-armor tanking. I also love the occasional mad tells from cloaked infiltrators how I accidentally trickshot with anti-armor dumbfire rocket launcher that needs 2 hits to kill infantry.

Speaking of Planetside 2, if anyone plays in Miller NC, I want YOU to join Le Pum8s Tank Crew so that PumA can stop bothering me every time he wants to go tanking. Join now for easy certs!

To join, contact your nearest outfit officer.

At least I got puma to bother you about it instead of me, huehuehueuhe.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.