Low rank servers seriously suck, remove them now please

• New players don’t even like them, they complain on the steam community that everyone only lmb spams and the game requires no skill, obviously taken from their experience fighting other noobs in a low rank server.

Other people never get good from the start and get a false idea of how the game plays out at high levels and once they rank up out of the low rank zone, they complain and ask for a rank reset.

MEANWHILE THERE ARE TWO FULL 32 PLAYER LOW RANK SERVERS AND ONE FREE FOR ALL NO RANK LIMIT SERVER WITH 11 PLAYERS IN IT WHAT THE HECK IS THIS CRAP TORN BANANA

seriously just remove them it will make the game better for everybody.

also rip chivalry june 2013 never forget. can we get the old game in a beta so we can actually confirm that combat mechanics were indeed better back then please.

• Remove low rank servers and revamp the tutorial.

• yeah now that 11 player ffa server crashed so now its literally two servers with 1 player in them each, and a low rank server with 25 players. fuck that, seriously man.

• remove pls

• http://www.reddit.com/r/ChivalryGame/comments/2jgt3k/finding_servers_after_rank_15/

remove them already. why did you ever bring them into the game.

• Only thing the low ranking servers brought to us is insane amount of team damage after those people rank up and have to join normal ones. Seriously, when i started i was carefull as fuck not to hit anyone and when i did, i apologized. Now i die more from teammates than the enemy… What and idiotic idea this was. You have generation of players that can’t do shit in the game, everything is exploit and everyone is ******, then you encounter them and they just press lmb lmb lmb lmb

• But where will I harvest noobs with my smurf accounts then?

• Pretty sure you wouldn’t get rid of them and you shouldn’t. Always good to have a place for the newer players to learn the game without getting smoked by the more experienced. Also makes the regular servers more fun cause you don’t have noobs slashing you all game.

Let’s pick our battles here guys.

• Global Moderator

They don’t learn the game that’s the problem. The opposite of learning the game happens.

• Mod

They need to go. Too much resource spent on too little gain. Most of them play until 16 then rage quit -> uninstall when they see the first messer drag.

• Dying game anyway, might as well keep the boring players in their containment servers so it’s easier to find the few remaining good players.

• @Psyfon:

New players don’t even like them, they complain on the steam community that everyone only lmb spams and the game requires no skill, obviously taken from their experience fighting other noobs in a low rank server.

Other people never get good from the start and get a false idea of how the game plays out at high levels and once they rank up out of the low rank zone, they complain and ask for a rank reset.

MEANWHILE THERE ARE TWO FULL 32 PLAYER LOW RANK SERVERS AND ONE FREE FOR ALL NO RANK LIMIT SERVER WITH 11 PLAYERS IN IT WHAT THE HECK IS THIS CRAP TORN BANANA

you don’t know what you are talking about lol

new players like them fine and actually half the players on them are not rank 0-15 they are regular players who do not lmb spam, that is why they are so full nowadays.

Every day a rank 50 shows up and shows everyone how it is done with the b0ckswings, circle dancing, torso swinging, perfect timing, 3 on 1 and how to go 20 to 1.

• Just limit to 2 per region max. Enough to keep the potential good players in the game while forcing the rest on normal servers.

• Let the noobs have their server, it raises the average skill of players in TO servers. They’re good enough to teach new players the basics. Noobs are not going to learn anything from being obliterated by a level 54 when they have no idea how they died.

• @wyrda78:

Let the noobs have their server, it raises the average skill of players in TO servers. They’re good enough to teach new players the basics. Noobs are not going to learn anything from being obliterated by a level 54 when they have no idea how they died.

I think they just have to immediately get used to the fact that the way they are playing is not gonna work. If you keep the noob servers you are just teaching them bad habits. Here’s a list of things I never saw before the noob servers started producing airheaded lvl 16 players:

• Kicking all the time or jumping every time they attack/block
    • Jousting/kiting - before it used to be the lvl 35-45 players who did that, now 1/3 of the players I fight turn around after every time they get parried
    • Not even trying to parry. Before the noob servers came the beginners were almost always really defensive, now they just spam until they die because everyone does it in the noob servers hurr durr
    • Almost every noob auto-parrying after they get parried. I don’t remember this happening nearly as much some time ago. No point in using ripostes against players who are under lvl 30 because they will panic parry every time.

• they’re basically playing a different game and the transition sometimes is so jarring that they quit which isn’t really the ideal way to go i think

1 per region would probably be good

• One 24 slot TO and one 16 slot FFA per region would probably be best.

On a side note, setting up some uncapped Official classic duel servers wouldn’t hurt either, seeing as most private servers have rank minimums (with good reason). It’d give the vets a place to teach the new blood how to do things in a controlled environment, whilst avoiding the chaos of a regular TO/FFA server.

• Why get upset about kiting? If they’re shit it won’t work.

• Nobody is upset about it, it’s just a bad habit and so easy and boring to counter I’d rather not do it every 30 seconds for two hours…