Knight is the most broken and OP class in the game [TB Please fix]

• After reading the umpteenth thread regarding MAA being op I’d like to try and put things into perspective and remind people of what the actual most unfair, over powered, and broken class is in chivalry: Knight.

Currently there is 4 classes in chivalry, there are archers who just got nerfed (because knights were complaining), there are the man at arms which got their only really viable weapon nerfed (because knights were complaining), the vanguard which is still fine but the sword of war exists so who cares, and then the op knight which stands alone and just recently had one of its most op weapons buffed.

That means there should be 4 distinctly different ways to play this game. TF2 has 9 different classes and no two of them play the same so why should chiv be any different? The problem is that the whiny knights on this forum have convinced TB that this game somehow has a grudge against knights, that the archers were put there to stop knights, that maa was put there to annoy knights, that vanguards were put there to try (and usually fail) to kill knights as if this game was actually titled “Chivalry: Knight Warfare”.

God forbid you kill one of them in an encounter that utilizes a dodge “MAA 2 EZ TO PLAY ONE BUTTON TO WIN LOL!!1” or “Duel me with a real class” or my favorite “if it weren’t for dodge you’d be trash” and guess which class all of these players are playing? Knight.

So why is knight op? Its simple: 1. Health and Resistance, 2. Foot Speed, 3. Stamina Edge, 4. Weapon Selection, and 5. No Negatives

1. Health:

So the knight has this thing called a resistance value which if I’m thinking of this correctly is a way that reduces the damage taken from a weapon if that weapons attack is of a certain type. As far as I understand knights are exceptionally resistant to slash, cut and chop but weak to pierce and blunt. So this means, that against the majority of weapons in this game, the knight has an advantage because they simply won’t take as much damage as another class will. This on it’s own isn’t op but when you combine it with #2…

2. Foot Speed:

A sprinting straight at full speed knight can go almost as fast as a vanguard doing the same thing which is already pretty close to maa run speed. So now you have this extremely fast moving, block of steel that the vast majority of weapons do almost way less damage against. Don’t let these whiny knights tell you anything about maa foot speed and now with this 10% chase buff you’re going to see flying knights everywhere.

3. Stamina Edge:

So stamina in this game is weird, as far as I understand it, you take weapon a and weapon b, if weapon a is smaller than b, the stamina required to block weapon b is greater. Lets take a look at the knight weapons and compare them to the other classes. All of the knight primaries are bigger than the entire melee arsenal of the archer and maa plus several of the vanguard primaries. This means that a knight player can simply parry riposte and stam out their opponents every time.

4. Weapon Selection:

Sword of war inherently has an edge over vanguards, the messer has 4 different ways to 1hko archers and maa, the maul one shots EVERY CLASS plus the knight has access to kite + one hander meaning they have an edge on EVERY other class in the game.

5. No Negatives:

Here’s the actual reason why knight is op and needs adjustment. There are absolutely no negatives to using the knight class anymore. You get to make more mistakes due to resistances, you are just as fast as every other class in this game, you can beat people out by simply having a bigger weapon and parry riposting correctly, and you have access to some of the most powerful weapons in the entire game. Yet there is not a single negative to counter any of this. MAA have extremely low resistances, vanguards get destroyed by most of your weapons, and archers are now nerfed and will probably be MORE nerfed soon.

My suggestion? Sprint uses stamina (~5 stam/sec of running) so that running is a negative, no secondary weapons, rebalance the stam game, and remove all one hit kill mechanisms.

Let the whining commence!

• Troll post flag and ignore.

• No whining. I consider this a troll thread purely because of all the mistakes you’re making in the thread.
    I don’t really feel like correcting you on all of them since most of them could just as well be entirely new topics, but if you want I’ll gladly list all the items you talked about that are simply false.

• I completely disagree with pretty much all of that. Maa is pretty balanced in team play(I’m still not thrilled with how firepots work) but I don’t understand how anyone can suggest that Maa isn’t the best duel class. If you’re losing consistently to knights in 1v1 situations which for the record I know you’re not I’ve played with you many times in game, then you’re just getting outclassed. I’m personally fine with Maa being a superior duel class as long as things are balanced in team play which I personally believe they are.

As far as the Broad nerf goes I still use it as my Knight Secondary and if you don’t think it’s quick enough anymore there are plenty of other good weapons to choose from. I know good Maa’s that have great success with Norse, Quarterstaff and even Flanged Mace.

• I dont know man, this just seems like you got owned and proceed to forums to cry. Knight is not as fast as every character, that is simply not true. Vanguards may not be that much faster, but try to fight some decent one as a knight, due to the pushback you get from the vanguard you are simply stuck at parrying over and over again. Comparing this game to team fortress is another thing, that speaks about value of your post.

How is taking away secondary weapons going to help?

Yes Maul do one shot, just don’t get hit with it. You can dodge as maa, you can engage from afar as vanguard or just parry that shit, takes ages to land a hit.

• @Rickvs:

No whining. I consider this a troll thread purely because of all the mistakes you’re making in the thread.
    I don’t really feel like correcting you on all of them since most of them could just as well be entirely new topics, but if you want I’ll gladly list all the items you talked about that are simply false.

Be my guest. I’d much rather that than being dismissed by sin. I mostly posted this thread because there’s too many threads about maa and I thought I’d give perspective.

@Lash:

I dont know man, this just seems like you got owned and proceed to forums to cry.

No I just think it’s stupid that everyone complains about maa all the time and never knight.

• Trying too hard

• This post is so full of misinformation and general dumb statements that I’m not even going to waste my time dissecting and explaining it to you.

@Sir:

I think you started already.

• You know I don’t think that MAA are OP, so that’s not what this is about.This is not helping your case or anyone trying to defend MAA, just stop.

• Knights have allways been the easymode class having the lowest skill ceiling while they dont even die from archers or other random bullshit

1. pick SOW 2)do some jerky movement after blocking 3a) riposte 3b) feint 4)Go for Hittrade

• @SHH_:

You know I don’t think that MAA are OP, so that’s not what this is about.This is not helping your case or anyone trying to defend MAA, just stop.

No.

@Kreittis:

This post is so full of misinformation and general dumb statements that I’m not even going to waste my time dissecting and explaining it to you.

That’s probably because you can’t.

• As a side note, I want to point out that this is OP.

• @Sir:

Be my guest.

Y u do dis?

@Sir:

there are the man at arms which got their only really viable weapon nerfed

Nope, many weapons still stronk and güd.

@Sir:

the op knight which stands alone and just recently had one of its most op weapons buffed.

Which would that be?

@Sir:

As far as I understand knights are exceptionally resistant to slash, cut and chop but weak to pierce and blunt. So this means, that against the majority of weapons in this game, the knight has an advantage because they simply won’t take as much damage as another class will.

It’s just Cut and Chop. Plus I’d rather see Knights more vulnerable against Blunt and even stronger against Cut/Chop because currently the Hits-to-Kill barely makes a difference with most weapons.

@Sir:

This means that a knight player can simply parry riposte and stam out their opponents every time.

Actually a more appropiate concept would be every other opponent trying to hittrade the Knight by faster and/or longer weapons forcing the Knight to ftp+cftp more often than any other class.

@Sir:

plus the knight has access to kite + one hander meaning they have an edge on EVERY other class in the game.

W00t?

@Sir:

you are just as fast as every other class in this game

W00t?!

@Sir:

vanguards get destroyed by most of your weapons, and archers are now nerfed and will probably be MORE nerfed soon.

I can tell you now that there’s absolutely 0% fun involved in chasing down dancing Vanguards with a short as fuck Knight primary. Oh, the amount of times where my opponent in front of me, looking the wrong way, didn’t even notice me but just randomly ran straight forward causing my perfect OH aimed for the back of his head to miss.
    That’s pre-patch though.
    I haven’t had a chance to try the 10% increased chase speed yet because fokn Torn Banner STILL hasn’t fixed those incorrectly sized weapon models. “Hotfix” was planned for Tuesday, now it’s already 3 days later and I have yet to see an ETA on this.

@Sir:

No u.

• @Kreittis:

As a side note, I want to point out that this is OP.

If you can’t see the difference than it’s clear you’ve never played maa for an extended period of time.

• @Sir:

If you can’t see the difference than it’s clear you’ve never played maa for an extended period of time.

Because knights never used broadsword and only MAA can notice the difference, righto?

• It makes way more of a difference on maa than knight.

• @Sir:

Tbh the very idea of playing any class but Knight chips away at Quality of character but eventually the ones who
    succumbed to this weaker form of game play eventually find the way back. Gamers playing as Knights is what
    sells this game the most and keeps the hard core veterans interested. Not your gimmicky other inferior pims classes

• @loin:

Not your gimmicky other inferior pims classes

Gimmicky? Knights do literally nothing interesting ever. Wow nice special ability, you have extra armor. Big whoop real cool. What’s funnier is that vanguard is the actual most played class so not only are you elitist in attitude, you’re also just plain wrong.

Sad really.

• Well… I never , the only reason many of your are now complaining is because TB simply levelled the playing fields
    recently. If your special Fatal Fury moves no longer carry you in battle but now you have to actually earn kills with
    skills you lack why invent myths about knights being op?

• Knight is the most broken and OP class in the game [TB Please fix]

@Sir:

Gimmicky? Knights do literally nothing interesting ever. Wow nice special ability, you have extra armor. Big whoop real cool.

So, which is it?