Knight is the most broken and OP class in the game [TB Please fix]

• @SHH_:

You know I don’t think that MAA are OP, so that’s not what this is about.This is not helping your case or anyone trying to defend MAA, just stop.

No.

@Kreittis:

This post is so full of misinformation and general dumb statements that I’m not even going to waste my time dissecting and explaining it to you.

That’s probably because you can’t.

• As a side note, I want to point out that this is OP.

• @Sir:

Be my guest.

Y u do dis?

@Sir:

there are the man at arms which got their only really viable weapon nerfed

Nope, many weapons still stronk and güd.

@Sir:

the op knight which stands alone and just recently had one of its most op weapons buffed.

Which would that be?

@Sir:

As far as I understand knights are exceptionally resistant to slash, cut and chop but weak to pierce and blunt. So this means, that against the majority of weapons in this game, the knight has an advantage because they simply won’t take as much damage as another class will.

It’s just Cut and Chop. Plus I’d rather see Knights more vulnerable against Blunt and even stronger against Cut/Chop because currently the Hits-to-Kill barely makes a difference with most weapons.

@Sir:

This means that a knight player can simply parry riposte and stam out their opponents every time.

Actually a more appropiate concept would be every other opponent trying to hittrade the Knight by faster and/or longer weapons forcing the Knight to ftp+cftp more often than any other class.

@Sir:

plus the knight has access to kite + one hander meaning they have an edge on EVERY other class in the game.

W00t?

@Sir:

you are just as fast as every other class in this game

W00t?!

@Sir:

vanguards get destroyed by most of your weapons, and archers are now nerfed and will probably be MORE nerfed soon.

I can tell you now that there’s absolutely 0% fun involved in chasing down dancing Vanguards with a short as fuck Knight primary. Oh, the amount of times where my opponent in front of me, looking the wrong way, didn’t even notice me but just randomly ran straight forward causing my perfect OH aimed for the back of his head to miss.
    That’s pre-patch though.
    I haven’t had a chance to try the 10% increased chase speed yet because fokn Torn Banner STILL hasn’t fixed those incorrectly sized weapon models. “Hotfix” was planned for Tuesday, now it’s already 3 days later and I have yet to see an ETA on this.

@Sir:

Let the whining commence!

No u.

• @Kreittis:

As a side note, I want to point out that this is OP.

If you can’t see the difference than it’s clear you’ve never played maa for an extended period of time.

• @Sir:

If you can’t see the difference than it’s clear you’ve never played maa for an extended period of time.

Because knights never used broadsword and only MAA can notice the difference, righto?

• It makes way more of a difference on maa than knight.

• @Sir:

Tbh the very idea of playing any class but Knight chips away at Quality of character but eventually the ones who
    succumbed to this weaker form of game play eventually find the way back. Gamers playing as Knights is what
    sells this game the most and keeps the hard core veterans interested. Not your gimmicky other inferior pims classes

• @loin:

Not your gimmicky other inferior pims classes

Gimmicky? Knights do literally nothing interesting ever. Wow nice special ability, you have extra armor. Big whoop real cool. What’s funnier is that vanguard is the actual most played class so not only are you elitist in attitude, you’re also just plain wrong.

Sad really.

• Well… I never , the only reason many of your are now complaining is because TB simply levelled the playing fields
    recently. If your special Fatal Fury moves no longer carry you in battle but now you have to actually earn kills with
    skills you lack why invent myths about knights being op?

• Knight is the most broken and OP class in the game [TB Please fix]

@Sir:

Gimmicky? Knights do literally nothing interesting ever. Wow nice special ability, you have extra armor. Big whoop real cool.

So, which is it?

• @Sir:

Gimmicky? Knights do literally nothing interesting ever. Wow nice special ability, you have extra armor. Big whoop real cool. What’s funnier is that vanguard is the actual most played class so not only are you elitist in attitude, you’re also just plain wrong.

Sad really.

Knight is the most broken and OP class in the game, but the most played is vanguard…

makes sense

• @loin:

Well… I never , the only reason many of your are now complaining is because TB simply levelled the playing fields
    recently. If your special Fatal Fury moves no longer carry you in battle but now you have to actually earn kills with

Join Loin in his quest to stave off the non-knights of chiv - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/loinism

• @SHH_:

Knight is the most broken and OP class in the game, but the most played is vanguard…

makes sense

nah dawg archers are the most op and broken class in the game

• @zombojoe:

nah dawg archers are the most op and broken class in the game

B-b-but I thought that archers are useless now after the 10 dmg nerfs…?

• @Kreittis:

B-b-but I thought that archers are useless now after the 10 dmg nerfs…?

medium xbow, ask sophax about it

• Didn’t read this whole thread but this is pretty simple. In any game, the most played class in comp is generally the strongest class. The most played class in comp is knight and is therefore the strongest. Comp teams would play other classes if they were stronger. We have players that play classes other than knight and we have them play knight. Why? Because it’s the best melee class. Really quite simple. You can argue all you want, but the evidence is in the results.

• Not OP imo, just annoying as fuck when they try to hittrade all the time. I like the fact that they don’t die so easily, sometimes is sad to kill someone with just one hit, I mean, I had a nice combo waiting for you and you die on the first overhead?

Once with the greatsword I managed to hit one delayed OH, comboed into b0ckswing OH and finished the knight with another nice delayed OH. Beautifull, no other class could provide me such glorious moment.

• @Chimpanzer:

Knight is the most broken and OP class in the game… Gimmicky? Knights do literally nothing interesting ever. Wow nice special ability, you have extra armor. Big whoop real cool.[TB Please fix]

So, which is it?

Chimp, you like trying to call me out but AGAIN I’m going to point out how you’re wrong. Not doing anything interesting isn’t mutually exclusive from also being over powered and unbalanced. Why don’t you make a rational argument instead of trying to (and failing) make me sound wrong.

@loin:

Well… I never , the only reason many of your are now complaining is because TB simply levelled the playing fields

And there you have it folks, another one of the “lol maa is stupid bc its stupid and playing knight is real chivalry” arguments with zero facts. How about you try another class besides tryhard knight messer drag feints where the victor gets out stammed or rev oh’d better.

But of course that’s ‘real’ chivalry right?

@Mystikkal:

The most played class is generally the strongest class… …The most played class in comp is knight and is therefore the strongest. Comp teams would play other classes if they were stronger. We have players that play classes other than knight and we have them play knight. Why? Because it’s the best melee class. Really quite simple. You can argue all you want, but the evidence is in the results.

It’s exactly why whenever possible people play 3 knights in comp. The overall dps, the range, the speed, the effortless trading, all of it adds up into an unbalanced class in need of a balancing. Everyone was so concerned with dodge out of flinch into attack and dodging in general being too ‘op’ that the knights are secretly getting away with their weapons getting buffed and them being buffed by proxy because maa is useless now.

• i swear vanguard has better stamfuck and weapons than knight

• I think the zwei, halbard, and bardouche are pretty high up there.