Knight is the most broken and OP class in the game [TB Please fix]

• Oh yeah by no means should Vanguard always have 9 mile knockback. Knight vs Brandistock 1v1 is incredibly annoying, add that in a team scenario and he’s negating the Knight hard lol, thus further cementing Brandi/Spear as the ultimate Vanguard options in this patch.

Stuff like Vanguard dying to two Shortsword stabs is quite ridiculous imo too. Vanguard certainly does not feel as “medium” armored as the game would have you believe. A big buff in projectile resistance and slight armor buff against most melee should make Vanguard feel way less all-in.

• Well spawning in as a Vanguard then losing literally 85% of my health to one arrow right off the bat isn’t fun.

• At this point vanguards are slightly faster knights with slightly better weapons and slightly better resistance than a man at arms, so basically, its pretty bad

• Nearly every weapon in the game does pierce damage, which completely fucks VG. Changing the damage type on some things (like a composite cut/pierce stab on fat weapons) might help the issue, as well as a boost to resistances.

• @Oy:

Well spawning in as a Vanguard then losing literally 85% of my health to one arrow right off the bat isn’t fun.

totes, thats why i basically only play brandistronk because hp doesnt matter when you are at the back out of range of everyone’s attacks

• Nothing wrong with vanguards, just don’t play it like a knight. If you can’t get an awesome KD and top the board with a GS, zwei, spear, brandi or polehammer then you’re doing something really wrong. Sure, you’ll get tagged by archers a lot, but that’s made up for by the potential for big kill streaks and pretty decent mobility. People don’t use smoke enough either, but granted, they do need to fix that thing where you can turn off smoke; not many people actually do that though.

• I’ve started usng halberd a lot recently, quite a funny weapon but the windups are so slow.

• halberd looks ridiculous when ‘pros’ use it, with all the backswings and dragging and whatnot.

• That’s the fun part of the halberd, otherwise I’d use billhook or bardouche :L

• @Xylvion:

That’s the fun part of the halberd, otherwise I’d use billhook or bardouche :L

It also has some of the most broken animations/tracers in the game. To be fair though, still incredibly fun.

• @Xylvion:

I’ve started usng halberd a lot recently, quite a funny weapon but the windups are so slow.

Halberd is love, one of my favorite weapons, very good slashes that are easy to delay, fucked up stab that people missjudge the range/timing and b0ckswings are great with it.

But the overhead, its so fucking wierd, seems like you can’t accelerate it properly without bockswinging, and the tracers seems to be really off with the animation when you try to delay it.

• Polehammer is my favorite VG wep though. How can you beat it the coolness factor of it?

• my favourite vanguard weapon is the billhook, great for dodging and countering with the stab. don’t play vanguard too often though, everyone else does that enough for me.

• @Oy:

Polehammer is my favorite VG wep though. How can you beat it the coolness factor of it?

Polehammer is an amazing support weapon if your team is knight-heavy with swords. Not so great in duels unless your opponent is unfamiliar with the animations.

• @Fang:

Not so great in duels unless your opponent is unfamiliar with the animations.

Let’s be honest, there are a lot of people who are unfamiliar with the animations, lol. But since Greatsword died in competitive, competent people will probably adjust within a few months. But until then, time to abuse reverse alt overheads!

• @a:

Let’s be honest, there are a lot of people who are unfamiliar with the animations, lol. But since Greatsword died in competitive, competent people will probably adjust within a few months. But until then, time to abuse reverse alt overheads!

I like the alt-overhead, but it ALWAYS gets blocked if you combo it after a normal OH. I just don’t know how to drag it without spinning.

//OT

E: I would just like to use this post to give you all actual gameplay footage of me vs. the halloween sale noobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5FRbZ1zZm4#t=1m24s

• I like to delay the alt overhead! You gotta use a lot of footwork Fang, in order to avoid the tracers to hit early. Also look a bit down and to the left but not to much, the attack ends pretty close to the center of the screen. Aoc_drawtracer that shit so you can see clearly how them tracers goes

• I love golfswinging the polehammer into squishy ragdoll heads.

• @Fang:

I like the alt-overhead, but it ALWAYS gets blocked if you combo it after a normal OH. I just don’t know how to drag it without spinning.

Drag it to the side of the opponent and then into him after his parry fades.

• Absolutely correct. I copy and paste the whole thing into chat when a knight complains about my choice of class ;)