Change Sprint attack default Keybind

• Well it’s that time again where we have a huge influx of noobs from the sale that are joining the game. Normally this would be good news, as god knows we need to increase the player-base of the community. But with the noobs comes the TK’s… and they are in abundance.
    So many tk’s from people just clicking lmb and charging into teamates. I’ve died 5 times in 1 round from teamate charges today alone… So TB can you please, please, please change the default keybind for sprint attack to V instead of lmb, so we at least stand a chance against the noobs so we don’t get to the point of raging at them for tk’s and turning the community even more hostile.

TL:DR change the sprint attack keybind to V as default.

• tfw TB will never fix rocket vanguards
    or anything else

• VG charge is horrible and should be deleted in its entirety.

• Global Moderator

Still don’t see why people have a problem with it. Play on better servers.

• @lemonater47:

Still don’t see why people have a problem with it. Play on better servers.

Servers have NOTHING to do with this issue whatsoever. You get tk’d all the time by teammates trying to ‘help’ you, because lmb is charge attack and most new players don’t realize they are doing it.
    At least changing the default keybind would alleviate the issue somewhat, because we all know that fixing van charge is a near impossible feat for TB.

• Global Moderator

They’ll hit you regardless of charge.

• @lemonater47:

They’ll hit you regardless of charge.

Aye, but charge hurts a lot more and is harder to avoid.

I agree that the bind for it should be changed to V, having a stock “ability key” that applies to both MaA and VG makes sense to me.

• While they’re at it they can change the vertical and horizontal turncap of the swordcharge from 20000 -> 0

• Setting it on V would be fine. Those noobs jumping in like retards are really annoying.

• Global Moderator

@LTTLWLF:

Aye, but charge hurts a lot more and is harder to avoid.

I agree that the bind for it should be changed to V, having a stock “ability key” that applies to both MaA and VG makes sense to me.

Spacebar sometimes works in avoiding them. As does right click. Them backwards parries.

Polearm charges make it less likely for team mates to hit you.

• @dudeface:

VG charge is horrible and should be deleted in its entirety.

but how will i get tked now?

• Global Moderator

@zombojoe:

but how will i get tked now?

Mauls on 100% team damage servers.

• @lemonater47:

Spacebar sometimes works in avoiding them. As does right click. Them backwards parries.

Polearm charges make it less likely for team mates to hit you.

Evasion is easy enough provided you can see them coming, but they generally come from 20m behind you while you’re already fighting. What do.

• sword charge is one of the most annoying things in this game. with instant respawns you have like 4 vanguards usually charging out of spawn at a time. It’s annoying for teammates and enemies when you finally reach spawn. The sword charges are really the only issue. It’s inconsistent in range, sometimes it actually hits before the animation hits you. You can drag the hell out of it… and you have initiative after taking 50 stamina from your opponent (if they parry) or half+ health if you hit and then still have initiative. While streaming last night i’m pretty sure i saw a guy charge 2 times back to back too, i died to the first one, but from my 3rd person death cam, i saw him charge again right after… no idea.

• it takes 35 stamina to parry a charge though, 50 if you do a cftp or ftp :L

• @Xylvion:

it takes 35 stamina to parry a charge though, 50 if you do a cftp or ftp :L

if you cftp that usually means you arent at full stamina hue

rip your stamina