HUD usability without text chat

• When you don’t have text chat on (because honestly why would you, have you seen some of the things people who play chiv say) you run into a few usability options that could be handled better by the HUD.

The one that annoys me most is not having any idea when an ammo box or torch fire is going to ‘reload’ and let me take an item, it could really do with a circular cool-down bar going around the hand or something.

This is something that’s going to have to be addressed for console versions anyway, them not really being the domain of tiny text alerts, so may as well do it for the next PC version now and stomp out a few annoyances.

Other stuff you miss without chat:

1. Being told you’re going to be king.
    2. Being told you’ve successfully declined being king.
    3. Being told you’ve successfully cancelled your successful declination to be king.

Stuff you don’t miss without chat:

1. Chat.

• u idiot u can turn chat on in the options, make “disable chat” = false
    job done

• I have chat disabled and you still see all this in the console even the chat.

• I’ve played on maps where the hud is gone and won’t come back for me… dunno what.

• @Rekrab:

u idiot u can turn chat on in the options, make “disable chat” = false
    job done

Congratulations on being a fine example on why I turned it off in the first place.

@LongSun:

I have chat disabled and you still see all this in the console even the chat.

Yeah, this is what I do when needs must, but standing still to bring up the console to see when the box will get a new shipment of throwing axes is a fine way to get killed, so normally I just mill about and hammer the use key. It’s unnecessary and could be fixed, so I thought I’d try a shot in the dark to see if anyone at TB might see this.

• @McLumberjack:

Congratulations on being a fine example on why I turned it off in the first place.

whats the point in playing chiv if you cant troll in the chat

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.