I just retuned to to the game

• And it appears that the balance patch has made an unbalanced mess.

Here’s how I see balance made. Large weapons should not be able to be blocked by dagger sized weapons and do partial damage when blocked with a normal sized one handed weapon.

Also, large weapons should stagger light classes on any hit… even a block. The MaA needs to dodge… or run around… something which is as doable as can be… archer… well archers shouldn’t get themselves in melee, period.

Weapons… what is the point of the poleaxe when the bearded axe is a straight upgrade?

Why does the double axe have the same damage as the damn warhammer… the extra speed of the axe is an infinite advantage compared to the extra reach of the hammer.

• I’ll just get this out of the way right now…

I don’t bat an eye at someone with a bearded axe.

I am fucking TERRIFIED of a decent poleaxe user.

• @omg87:

I’ll just get this out of the way right now…

I don’t bat an eye at someone with a bearded axe.

I am fucking TERRIFIED of a decent poleaxe user.

Bearded axe in its current non-draggable form is a stupid kiddie version of the Poleaxe with weak anti-vanguard and anti-knight capabilities.

• this is a troll thread right? All of your ideas are horrible and bearded axe is nowhere close to as good as poleaxe

balance patches were all good, warhammer has been horrible since bubble same with any slow short weapon

• Bearded axe is one of the worst weapons there is atm.

• Still beats Flail imo, thank god for that.
    You know a weapon is garbage tier when it’s outplayable by any of the Flails.

• OK, weapon observations out of the way… I merely went by what the stats showed… the bearded and the poleaxe have identical stats apart from speed.

The small classes need the changes though… I mostly play knight and the small classes seem nigh unbeatable…
    I once decided to try the MaA… and bear in mind this is from one that hasn’t played in awhile and has even forgot the dodge button… yes, a MaA without using his ability… first two knights I encountered immediately retreated at the sight of me and the prospect of a one on one…

The ones that did try and fight… tough luck, i could hit them long before they could do anything… no effing dodge… just block, and before they came to their senses and be able to do something spam sword hits until dead… which is exactly what I experienced when using the knight…

How is this balance? The whole purpose of the MaA should be his speed… he should fear a knight or a vanguard’s attack… instead use his superior speed and dodge to fight the larger classes… as they are they can easily block the slower large weapons with the dinkiest dagger and the spam hits (as the archers are also able to)… sure the knight is resistant but still dies in 4 hits which are easily achievable.

• @TempestWolf:

How is this balance?

Noobs fighting noobs is hardly a good indication of class balance.

MAA is good one-on-one, but balanced considering it is speed and dodge versus weapon length and the fact the MAA dies in one or two hits. Team play forget it MAA is at a severe disadvantage.

• Try to get a few more hundred hours of experience :p

• Pole axe and bearded axe got the same stats except for speed? wut? I’m confused now.

• @Xylvion:

Pole axe and bearded axe got the same stats except for speed? wut? I’m confused now.

If you mouse over them when selecting for a knight, they are shown to have the exact same damage and reach, but the bearded axe is shown to have greater speed. If it is a true representation of their actual stats I don’t know.

• Global Moderator

@TempestWolf:

If you mouse over them when selecting for a knight, they are shown to have the exact same damage and reach, but the bearded axe is shown to have greater speed. If it is a true representation of their actual stats I don’t know.

Poleaxe deals blunt damage on its overheads and does way more damage with its stabs and its pierce.

I only have trouble with the bearded axe when I’m using something slower and shorter than it. Such as the maul or something. Otherwise its not too much of a hassle.

Pole axe users are actually a threat no matter what weapon you have. Even archers 100m away quiver in fear when they see the light gleaming off one in the distance.

• poleaxe is awful i always kite the fuck out of anyone using it

• Global Moderator

Many poleaxe users do not respond to kiting.

• @TempestWolf:

The in game stats have never been correct and never will be.

• OK, the weapon stat part is clear now… thank you for the replies and Gregcau for the spreadsheet. I still think the block mechanic shouldn’t work like it is… but I guess that remains preference. It just seems stupid to block a maul with a dagger, and even with a braced shield and not have repercusions.

• in AOC blocking a maul with dagger caused the archer to take a little bit of dmg

i remember dying from parrying mauls pretty frequently in that game lmao

• @LongSun:

this is the up to date one

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCaqK9JaJDIdEo3NDJKWkk5SVhRY2tEYjBLSk1xbWc&usp=drive_web#gid=102

This needs some tweaks, still has messer doing chop damage etc :/