Slasher/The Slashering unofficial topic

• @gregcau:

TDM and FFA are boring, the bread and butter of CMW is TO if you want to bring players over.

At least 2 years of work to compete with CMW and by then they will be on CMW 2 (look at what happened to Chiv+).

Bushido has been worked on their version of CMW for what a year now?

Good luck though.

Holy shit, I forgot about Bushido. It’s still being worked on?

• @KingWillie:

Holy shit, I forgot about Bushido. It’s still being worked on?

Yep, I’m pretty sure they’re still working on it. I think they had some motion capture done a while back, and their latest facebook update says they’ll be showing off some movement mechanics soon!

http://www.reddit.com/r/BushidoGame
    https://www.facebook.com/BushidoLegendoftheSamurai

• a TO style game mode is being considered atm but all focus is on getting the game playable atm

• ETA?

……

• well closed alpha soon

no dates on anything

“when its ready”

• The gameplay looks fine, but the graphics and animations look clunky and amateur. I know it’s alpha, but I wonder if that’s the sort of thing you can fix.

• well its placeholder

the animations are going to be better later down the road

looks better than chivalry alpha imho

• Might also have something to do with the fact that the devs are amateurs.

• @Kreittis:

Might also have something to do with the fact that the devs are amateurs.

well TBS is full of professionals no doubt

• I think the graphics are good (I’ll play on low settings anyway) but the animations really need some improvement. Bad animations are the main reason why Blade Symphony is a shit game

• @zombojoe:

well TBS is full of professionals no doubt

Well, they get paid for what they do so of course they are.

Don’t be silly, zombo.

• Don’t worry, we haven’t focused on the graphics yet. The animations are being improved right now, but this will be an ongoing process.

• @Kreittis:

Well, they get paid for what they do so of course they are.

Don’t be silly, zombo.

exactly my point

• @mar0x:

Don’t worry, we haven’t focused on the graphics yet. The animations are being improved right now, but this will be an ongoing process.

As long as the torso movements get more natural I think the animations will be fine, You and wubb are doing a great job, keep it up!

• @Xylvion:

As long as the torso movements get more natural I think the animations will be fine, You and wubb are doing a great job, keep it up!

Thanks! Do let me know what you mean by torso movements specifically, it’s hard to know what exactly people are referring to sometimes :)

• @mar0x:

Thanks! Do let me know what you mean by torso movements specifically, it’s hard to know what exactly people are referring to sometimes :)

Right now the torso barely moves while people attack, according to the videos I’ve seen of the game, looks more like the person only uses the arms to attack which makes it look slightly stale and unnatural.

• @Xylvion:

Right now the torso barely moves while people attack, according to the videos I’ve seen of the game, looks more like the person only uses the arms to attack which makes it look slightly stale and unnatural.

yeah it looks robotic

• Get a room tbh. I’d also suggest this so call outfit developing this mediocre game gets a website of its own.
    Originals are always better then copies or clones iah.

• I think the slashering is amazing!!!

well for the plebs that believe.

The reality is that making 80% of software is easy. Completing the last 20% is fucking hard.

Steve, TBS did it with a lot of work.

Slashering is fair weather hackers who will go the way of bushido i.e. into oblivion.

So if you think this is your saviour - you are a noob, maybe not a noob at CMW where you spent 2000 hours proving how great you can right click - but you are a noob at life which is more than these forums.

Sure it is possible these rip offs can succeed but so few did, TBS is one, unlikely the clannies will be another

• I think elwebbaro should add a female model so greg calms his tits.