Slasher/The Slashering unofficial topic

• @Monsteri:

It’s more lightweight than other video formats though, and much much more lightweight with better quality than gif. Maybe the host is having issues.

You seem to use unnecessarily high bitrate though. The second WebM video you posted is 26.37Mb large, 30FPS and 30 second clip while my test encoding is 14Mb large 60FPS 22 second clip. I have a lot more frames in my clip than you but I still managed to get smaller filesize. Try playing around with variable bitrate.

That + using pomf as host leads to slow loading depending on the location. Pomf is getting more popular and that leads to higher load on their server.

WebM also performs terribly on older hardware, plain h264 video played as HTML5 <video>demands less from system.

The main reason why WebM is popular is because 4chan enabled WebM uploads.</video>

• It just looks terrible in higher reso if you don’t use a high bitrate, and I wanted to keep the reso for this upload. It’s true that it makes the file unnecessarily big, though. It’s just convenient and easy for me, which is the main reason I use webm.

All the webms I have posted to pomf have loaded much faster in the past, so it is probably higher load on the servers.

• webm is still much better than youtube because your shit doesnt get double compressed

• This post is deleted!

• New clips, courtesy of Crushed;

http://a.pomf.se/ewfjnf.webm
    Overhead chambering.

http://a.pomf.se/atxuph.webm
    'Tis but a flesh wound.

• those new gore sounds are pretty disgusting

• Mod

Kicks seem to be a little overpowered looking at those clips.

• The trick is to do one thing at a time isn’t it. No wonder your half baked projects never make it to the shelf of Loins Quality jams.

• Is it time to update this yet, folks? http://mordhau.net/forum/

• I do think the title change to Mordhau isn’t the best. I know you aren’t supposed to judge a book by its cover BUT that’s what the majority of people on steam do. Mordhau is confusing, not many people would know the definition, it’s not English and it’s not like many germans would know what it means either considering it’s the german word for a particular sword fighting style.

• @lemonater47:

I do think the title change to Mordhau isn’t the best. I know you aren’t supposed to judge a book by its cover BUT that’s what the majority of people on steam do. Mordhau is confusing, not many people would know the definition, it’s not English and it’s not like many germans would know what it means either considering it’s the german word for a particular sword fighting style.

It’s gonna have an additional but otherwise unwritten sub-title on the banner art.

• I didn’t realize they shifted to UE4. That is encouraging news.

• Pff. Not even any dragons.

• Mod

Mordhau :/ Reminds me of Mordor from lord of the rings tbh.

• ^Or you get that.

Title might need a rethink.

• Replace the swords with spades and call it Shovelry.
    Trademark pending.

• I like the name.

• I like Mordhau, it’s fairly memorable and punchy. Doesn’t really matter if most people don’t get “melee combat” straight from the name, because most people will be seeing the title accompanied by a picture anyway. I think the issue with more generic names people came up with was the lack of memorability and good abbreviations. “Swords for Hire” was a candidate at one point I think, slightly more humorous and descriptive, but not punchy in the end.

• Sword is a good name tbh. I use Kvos also Knight veteran of sword if alone or veterans if a group are on.
    I don’t see the problem with the name you have after all as long as the game works ok imo.