TBS Dev: "Continue playing and stop whining" "I feed off your salty tears"

• My friend told me that he was just playing with a dev in a US East server today named “Postpwn” and was saying things like “I feed off your salty tears” and “stop whining about our game, just play it” and stuff. He only sent me one screen so I don’t know the whole story but it sounds like this Postpwn guy was a total dick to some high rank clan people who were trying to talk to him about the horrible state of the game and how it has been horrible for so long. If this is true, I really think TBS needs to take some disciplinary measures against this guy because he should be a lot more concerning towards his loyal players who really want the game to get better but are very frustrated with TBS’ terrible management of Chivalry. Again, I’m not sure how legit this is but he did get this one screen. I mean this guy is supposed to represent TBS and shouldn’t definitely not be saying things like this.

• SOC, my comment after being berated was that we should just play the game, I said this after other players complained that the chat was filling up and I was being asked personal questions while trying to test the game. My “salty tears” comment may have came off as hostile but it was far from it. I simply glanced the comments being said and played on.

• Is that a small blue shield by his text? Can we have them with clan names?

• Moved thread to official server support.

Is that a small blue shield by his text?

It’s a little flag to let players know they’re playing with a dev!

• Just imagine you were playing Chivalry like any other day with the usual bullshit, i.e., lag / 5-frame animations / stuttering / desyncs / crashes / bad netcode / whatever the hell you want to call these problems and a dev comes along and brushes off your concerns like they were nothing, simply because he’s busy testing something… wouldn’t that piss you off?

Sure, the game chat is not the proper place to channel some of those concerns, but still…
    Considering the amount of time some players have put into this game, how hard they’ve tried to document and report everything they feel is wrong with Chivalry; considering how scarce official replies have been and all the failed promises and new mechanics altering bugs after each new patch,… I’d be bitter as fuck. And with good reason.

• @Alphonse:

Just imagine you were playing Chivalry like any other day with the usual bullshit, i.e., lag / 5-frame animations / stuttering / desyncs / crashes / bad netcode / whatever the hell you want to call these problems and a dev comes along and brushes off your concerns like they were nothing, simply because he’s busy testing something… wouldn’t that piss you off?

Sure, the game chat is not the proper place to channel some of those concerns, but still…
    Considering the amount of time some players have put into this game, how hard they’ve tried to document and report everything they feel is wrong with Chivalry; considering how scarce official replies have been and all the failed promises and new mechanics altering bugs after each new patch,… I’d be bitter as fuck. And with good reason.

If I was receiving constructive feedback, which i have in the past, I would gladly accept it and act on it, which is part of my job. This was not the case. Before this spirals to something, I just want it to be clear that I was responding to trolling directed at me and tried to just have it stop and return to slaughtering each other on the battlefield.

• I bet Devs are tired of them getting insulted regurarly on forums/pm or in-game. That’s… Uhm… Kinda sad.

…But eh, game could have less bugs and be more consistent.

• How much for your fire effect unusual helmet?

BTW Ive seen people use the TBS icon in text as a team name in tourny mode made any clue how thats done?

• Well even if you were being “trolled,” I would imagine you should put on a better face for it considering how tired everyone is of the bs this game has. You can’t blame anyone for treating you with disrespect when us, the players, felt like you’ve treated us as such for as long as the game’s been out especially after the June 2013 patch and how little communication is given to us. Like the last balance patch, sure Tibbs said there would be iteration but we haven’t heard a word about it since it went live. We want more balance changes, we want real archer nerfs, we want June 2013 to finally be dead so we can actually move on with making the game better. Instead we’re staring at things like bearded axe, every MaA just switching to Norse and archers still exactly the same. And that’s just balance. What about archers continuing to flinch animation? What about the laggy US East officials? What about the catapult fast clicks? What about the ballista not firing at all? What about ballista hitting enemies hearing the sound hit them but not hurting them at all? There’s a million bugs and things wrong with the game that need to be addressed.

• Global Moderator

People don’t like whiners Soc. You yourself whine a lot as well just on these forums.

You people can never be happy as you think the past is better than it was, the present worse than it is and the future less resolved than it will be.

Whining and notifying like a spoilt 13 year old girl won’t help. Whatever the hell TB does there’s always gonna be one bunch of people unhappy. Don’t you complain about the game SOC. Its the competitive community they listen to the most. Don’t say otherwise. Also don’t say “we” when you really mean “you”. Read what you write SOC. Your friend is probably similar. But you sound horribly entitled like you are somehow above everyone else. Not nearly as bad as crushed but bad nonetheless.

Its not as simple as you think it is SOC. There’s a billion opinions out there and everyone has their own way on how they want the game to be. Us arguing about it all is fine. But don’t yell at TB for not doing “exactly” what you want. You are but one person. They have to factor in the requests of many many people. Whatever decision they make people will always be unhappy. That is the problem ALL indie developers have. Its a hard life being a developer getting abused by your community. I’m surprised half of them don’t snap.

Shit the fuck up and play was a perfectly alright response to the shit they probably have to put up with. Why they have Torn banner logos in their name I don’t know it only draws attention to them and means they are a target for this whining. I’ve only seen Millpool in the same game I was in he joined my Star Wars server but was soon kicked by the automatic ping kicker.

Calm down SOC. If your friend wants to complain tell him he needs to do it here. Don’t pester them in their free time. I mean would you like that?

• @lemonater47:

People don’t like whiners Soc. You yourself whine a lot as well just on these forums.

Don’t pester them in their free time. I mean would you like that?

If you don’t complain about how this game has been managed and its current state, then you don’t love it enough. And if my job was to be a developer for this game, I would absolutely spend all my free time to make it better and understand what’s wrong with it. It’s much different comparing it to an already polished and good game (even if its indie), because this game is far from “acceptable” right now. I would definitely not ever tell my players who have every right to be upset “stop complaining” and “salty tears.”

http://steamcharts.com/app/219640

The game deserves so much more. It can reach it, but you can’t just sit back and accept how it is right now. It’s not “entitled whining.” It’s love and passion for the greatest multiplayer game ever made but with terrible support and management that I know they can do better.

• Global Moderator

That’s probably what the devs thought 2 years ago too. Make it sound more like love and passion. As currently it sounds like entitled whining. That’s how you portray yourself I’m afraid.

In game is also not the place to do it. Be cooperative not commanding. I too struggle with that. Especially when it comes to deadliest warrior. But I know there is a difference and there are other ways I can help the devs improve the game rather than whining and insulting them.

• @lemonater47:

That’s probably what the devs thought 2 years ago too. Make it sound more like love and passion. As currently it sounds like entitled whining. That’s how you portray yourself I’m afraid.

In game is also not the place to do it. Be cooperative not commanding. I too struggle with that. Especially when it comes to deadliest warrior. But I know there is a difference and there are other ways I can help the devs improve the game rather than whining and insulting them.

I agree it’s not the place to do it in game, but I think at this point he isn’t wrong to be frustrated at the first dev he sees and especially moreso after the dev gets snappy at him. I’m also frustrated at how long the game just hasn’t been acceptable. I don’t really care if anyone sees it as entitled whining, I love this game and I want it to be better. I’m also tired of friends not playing this game any more for the same reason, I’m tired of the competitive scene being so tiny and never holding players, I’m tired of this and that. I think my friend is too.

• Who cares, devs are human, I think the game is in a pretty good spot and as good as it is going to get on the current engine.

• @gregcau:

Who cares, devs are human, I think the game is in a pretty good spot and as good as it is going to get on the current engine.

to fix a lot of the problems they’d have to recode most of the game

however, there are absolutely no excuses for map bugs

• @lemonater47:

better than puking all over the forums with posts that make people feel embarrassed to be reading it.

• Well Mr DaGGyzo seems like a decent chap to me. I don’t really see what the fuss is about tbh.
    Its only when you have been on both sides of the fence it becomes light hearted enjoyable fun.

• @loin:

Well Mr DaGGyzo seems like a decent chap to me. I don’t really see what the fuss is about tbh.
    Its only when you have been on both sides of the fence it becomes light hearted enjoyable fun.

wtf I agree with loin and his tbh

I feel sick

• I suggest some brie cheese with soft boiled eggs and thinly sliced garlic spam, cooked to crispy.
    After that breakfast followed by a Hot Horlicks with pick wafers. A truly epic lift to the penthouse
    roof kind of launch into the day Mr Gregcau.

• Global Moderator

@SOC:

I agree it’s not the place to do it in game, but I think at this point he isn’t wrong to be frustrated at the first dev he sees and especially moreso after the dev gets snappy at him. I’m also frustrated at how long the game just hasn’t been acceptable. I don’t really care if anyone sees it as entitled whining, I love this game and I want it to be better. I’m also tired of friends not playing this game any more for the same reason, I’m tired of the competitive scene being so tiny and never holding players, I’m tired of this and that. I think my friend is too.

I think you fail to realise how much the devs listen to the competitive scene. The normal pub scene is getting pissed off about it.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.