"Go for the Objective"

• It seems all new maps (both TB and User-made) are missing voice lines for the ‘go for the objective’ option. When it’s something new this makes sense, as you’re obviously going to have to round up the old actors before you can get new lines like “Kill all the chieftains, and ring that bell for some reason!” and perhaps they’re all off doing other things.

On the other hand, an awful lot of the objectives in the new user maps seems to match voice lines from other maps; push the cart, defend the villagers, burn the granary, defend the king, kill the king, take the king out for crumpets, etc.

It’s all rather disheartening, especially as it’s one of my favourite things to run around shouting, what with it being different in every location and letting people around you know, in no uncertain terms, that you’re all business.

Is there any technical reason map-makers haven’t been able to include these lines?

In the event that TB do get another recording session on the cards to do lines for Coldfront and Outpost it’d be an idea to also cover their bases and do some generic lines for any new maps people might make. Stuff like “Do the objective!” and “Do you not know what the objective is? Because I certainly do, and don’t think that just because I haven’t mentioned it specifically that I don’t know. Because I do. Watch me do it now.”

Or possibly something more succinct.

• They definitely shoulda made generic “press the objective! / hold the objectives!” type voiceovers to use in random maps. Hindsight.

• Come hither!

• New maps too hard to figure out what the objective is.

Defend the wall ! Oh wait didnt you mean defend the door

• @McLumberjack:

Stuff like “Do the objective!” and “Do you not know what the objective is? Because I certainly do, and don’t think that just because I haven’t mentioned it specifically that I don’t know. Because I do. Watch me do it now.”

Or possibly something more succinct.

I like this.

• @wyrda78:

I like this.

+1
    /10characters

• TBS, please add the old and gold “Come hither!” to knight as his generic objective voice. I miss that line.

• I always played this game like TDM

who cares about the objective?

• @CRUSHED:

I always played this game like TDM

who cares about the objective?

objectives are for nerds, i go straight to the enemy spawn and camp them

• Global Moderator

Well you should all go play deadliest warrior then.