Belmez

• Only played it a couple of times, shit I kill lots of people then what I have to wait for a flag bearer - overall confusing to coordinate on a pub.

Stage after that masons seem to pour out and I can not burn anything.

Is this map a little defender biased

• Doesn’t seem defense biased to me.

• 2nd stage needs some tweaking, shouldnt have a huge marker on the flag carrier for attackers to see, you got the worlds best viewpoint to find him anyway.

• 2nd and 3rd stage are really hard for attackers, the map is unbalanced and probably the least fun of the 5 winners imo.

• Global Moderator

The attackers get a lot of time to do really hard objectives which makes the map long and boring. I’d rather have a map taking the same amount of time but with more objectives packed into it. Belmez can take 40 minutes.

• The thing that really bites about Belmez is getting all the way to the end as attackers only to lose because some plum* gets Feydrid killed. I like the two kings concept, but the whole attacker/defender dynamic feels upended by the last stage. The one chokepoint on the right and the whole gallery of spots for Mason archers just seems to tip it entirely in Mason’s favour, even getting the bridge down doesn’t really change anything, as yes you have another option to flank, but you’ve also opened one up for your enemy.

*me, usually.

• Should replace Feydrid with just generic “champion” and make it so that killing the champ doesn’t grant mason victory.

• The map is actually very balanced. It’s just going to take some time for the pub masses to sink in to how complex and amazing it is. Belmez is definitely the best map of them all, with Cove being second (however Cove is much worse now that TBS made the cart push like 100 MPH and Agatha can’t push it back any more and the timers are all too low).

There are only two things I would change on Belmez. Remove the icon for flag carrier on Mason so they actually have to properly defend key areas, and make the cage lock on freeing the king obj able to be hit by multiple people at the same time like the locks in Citadel. Currently it only takes damage from 1 person every second so multiple people hitting it do nothing and it creates a really bad bottleneck.

• Global Moderator

@Kreittis:

Should replace Feydrid with just generic “champion” and make it so that killing the champ doesn’t grant mason victory.

Yes. Should of been something like that. Which I suggested several times.

• @lemonater47:

Yes. Should of been something like that. Which I suggested several times.

You have to puke on every post multiplie times??

• Global Moderator

@gregcau:

You have to puke on every post multiplie times??

You really are pathetic aren’t you. Stop derailing threads when I post. You are a very large hypocrite. You hate me for reasons unknown. No one cares about that. So don’t spread your displeasure all the time.

• @lemonater47:

You really are pathetic aren’t you. Stop derailing threads when I post. You are a very large hypocrite. You hate me for reasons unknown. No one cares about that. So don’t spread your displeasure all the time.

I don’t hate you, I just hate what you post 99% of the time. The other 1% is a history lesson which you do well.

• AAAND ANOTHER THING:

Mason’s can ‘win’ by running out the clock. Just had a game where both kings hid by the spawn and neither one died, such a thing should really end as a draw or stalemate.

• @McLumberjack:

AAAND ANOTHER THING:

Mason’s can ‘win’ by running out the clock. Just had a game where both kings hid by the spawn and neither one died, such a thing should really end as a draw or stalemate.

Imo it should end as an Agatha win, they are the ones who struggled through the previous objectives only to reach a final objective that doesn’t care about their previous progress at all.

• @zombojoe:

2nd stage needs some tweaking, shouldnt have a huge marker on the flag carrier for attackers to see, you got the worlds best viewpoint to find him anyway.

its already really easy to place the flag, shouldn’t make it any easier. I failed the first 3 times and now i get every flag up there on the first attempt.

• @McLumberjack:

AAAND ANOTHER THING:

i always go in leeroy jenkins style and everyone should do the same.

• No, Mason should win when the time goes out because they’re the defending team. Agatha should focus slightly more on offense, especially given the map layout.

• @SOC:

No, Mason should win when the time goes out because they’re the defending team.

Are they though? At that point I mean. They were at every other objective, but at that point of the map there are two kings and either side can win by killing the other. That doesn’t sound like an attacker/defender dynamic.

• @McLumberjack:

Are they though? At that point I mean. They were at every other objective, but at that point of the map there are two kings and either side can win by killing the other. That doesn’t sound like an attacker/defender dynamic.

I really don’t get the point of the Agatha king. Icon on the flag bearer is dumb, the one hit on lock is silly, long ass boat ride is weak, and overall I just don’t like belmez.

• @McLumberjack:

It’s an interesting dynamic because it forces Agatha to balance between attacking and defending while having a more focus on defending. Masons can either try to defend Malric for the long timer or put some pressure and force Agatha to defend more than attack thus buying more time. It’s really interesting, deep, and awesome. It’s the perfect objective IMO.

@ChuckingIt:

I really don’t get the point of the Agatha king. Icon on the flag bearer is dumb, the one hit on lock is silly, long ass boat ride is weak, and overall I just don’t like belmez.

The point of the Agatha king is that it’s freaking fun and awesome. King vs king is such an interesting objective because it forces you to balance between offense and defense. Icon of flag bearer needs to go, I agree, same with one hit on lock. The long boat ride is really nice because of immersion and atmosphere as well as giving Masons some time to help defend the forward spawn, and allows Agatha to flank behind forward spawn and immediately go for obj if Mason isn’t paying attention. Belmez is the best map in the game by far, way better than Dark Forest.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.