I CAN NOT beat my friend

• Hello, i have a friend that constantly goes 10-0 in duels. I have dueled him probably 200 times and around the 100th game he learned a tactic that i can not beat to save my life. All he does is turn away from me and do an overhead, forcing me to block so the initial raising of the weapon does not hit me over his head, then he turns into me and hits me with the normal downward portion of the attack. Since i HAVE to block when he does the overhead and turns around, if i dont get the parry then he gets a guaranteed hit on me when the weapon finally swings downard and he turns around. Against people who dont know this strategy he often hits people twice with the same reverse overhead resulting in a super quick 2 hit kill (he only uses slow, high damage weapons)

I can not stop him to save my life, if start backing away from him he just catches up to me since his forward movement is faster than my backpedaling. If he misses the initial attack he always combos into dragging horizontals which force me to to parry and play defensively. Even if he completely messes up and im out of his range when he is doing horizontals, since he only uses very long high damage weapons by the time i step in to hit him we are guaranteed to trade hits.

Literally at a loss, i know exactly what hes going to do every game and i cant stop it. Does ANYONE have advice on how to counter the reverse overhead???

• try doing a fast kick, that will stun him even if his weapon is in release

• Possibly try using MAA and the quarter staff, assuming you can block the reverse overhead riposte right back into his face. If he misses said overhead then you can also jump backwards when he turns around, then stab him.

If its harder for you to block the reverse (don’t worry, everyone falls for it), try going with van and saber, and keep trying to sprint around him as you fight. By constantly moving to his left or right he will find it hard to ROH, and the saber can stab around his parry as you move.

Then later, as you get more practice at parrying you can do more with bigger weapons, or weaker classes. Or just use a shield :P

EDIT: Oh yeah, one way to avoid getting hit as he spins back around after missing the reverse is try looking up and crouching, giving you more time to recover from the first parry.

• If he is using the big slow weapons use a fast weapon and flinch him. Keep the pressure up. It’s OK to backpeddle and make him whiff his shot, he will lose the stamina battle.
    Fast Kick him in the head.
    Use a Shield.
    Try and always be at his left/right and never directly in front.

• @PiyRe:

he often hits people twice with the same reverse overhead resulting in a super quick 2 hit kill

Same attack can’t hit twice

• am prolly going to get b@tched at by saying this, it’s usually the people who have this “must win” attitude that emplore using any means to gain advantage over others using these tactics to play… they thinks it makes them look soo cool because they can get 2 hits out of 1 stroke

My only advise is to use the advice the other have said
    You can play MAA which is fast to get away from those strikes an then put in a stab to flintch & wear out stamina

Other alternative is to not play duels, an try another mode like TO

• @Henners:

because they can get 2 hits out of 1 stroke

It’s impossible to get 2hits on a person in one release…

• @imported_Karam:

It’s impossible to get 2hits on a person in one release…

Yes. It’s not possible at all.

• @Harry:

Yes. It’s not possible at all.

I can confirm that it is literally impossible.

• There is plenty video on youtube on it… it’s pretty much what OP is saying
    basically, if opponent is unable to block/out of stamina for example;
    when you do the reverse overhead/rainbow, the start of the tracer hits them (first hit) - if you turn around fast enough straight after this & then look down, the end of the tracer hits them again (second hit) all in that 1 swing

Pretty much why I now just play as MAA as it’s the only class i find fast enough to get away from these stuffs

• That’s not possible ^

• Just fuck him up yo

• You can’t hit someone twice with the same release.

• @Henners:

There is plenty video on youtube on it… it’s pretty much what OP is saying
    basically, if opponent is unable to block/out of stamina for example;
    when you do the reverse overhead/rainbow, the start of the tracer hits them (first hit) - if you turn around fast enough straight after this & then look down, the end of the tracer hits them again (second hit) all in that 1 swing

Pretty much why I now just play as MAA as it’s the only class i find fast enough to get away from these stuffs

Hey mang, this doesn’t exist. I b0ckswing everytime and I tell you, its clearly impossible. There is no video on youtube about it, or at least it shoudn’t be.

OP, try to keep your distance and when he misses the rev0rse you hit him in recovery time! OR parry that shit when he got his back on you (you need to be quick, but its not that hard) and don’t riposte, wait for him to look at you and then you feint a stab. Bet my ass he will fall.

• Here’s what ya do. Get the fork on, and just keep quick stab feinting him. Or get the brandi on and show him what stab feint and drags look like.

• Brandi alt lmb drags are amazing.

• dodge :D

fast kick might work as well. or you could try as hard as you can to get the parry.

• @Henners:

There is plenty video on youtube on it… it’s pretty much what OP is saying
    if you turn around fast enough straight after this & then look down, the end of the tracer hits them again (second hit) all in that 1 swing

You aren’t watching it closely, or remotely, I guess. That cannot occur.

• @Agent:

Just fuck him up yo

Best advice

• Just beat him whats the big deal.