Detailed Dueling Mode (and Execution) Suggestions

• Hey guys,

Only played the beta (can’t afford the actual game) but I love what you’re doing with this game - there’s really nothing out there like it, and it’s an awesome, addicting direction you’re pushing in.

So I’ve got some suggestions for the dueling modes I’ve heard rumored.

First, there should be a 1vs1 private match feature. Multiple arenas (gladiator style and otherwise) should be present, but focus on smaller, tighter quarters. Environmental hazards would also be a nice addition, but nothing like traps that could mess up the balance of the duel.

Also, a tournament mode needs to happen. Perhaps a dynamic progressive match where you fight your way up ranks one by one and eventually face off with other champions, and simply spectate and discuss when you are killed. Again, the various levels / gladiator arenas would add variety and challenge.

But another mode that I haven’t really seen mentioned that I’d love to see is a cooperative gladiator mode. Imagine a mode where you and a universal team of gladiators fend off against tougher gladiators, perhaps lions, traps, and other hazards, with a permanent death feature? If the challenges were well-scripted and interesting it could end up being an awesome addition - perhaps some players even take control of some of the adversaries in the gladiator arena - they could have more health and stronger weapons, or other altered variables (maybe the ability to respawn, and bots would never be needed in the first place?). So much could be done for it!

Another take on the same mode would be a free-for-all gladiator mode - everyone starts in separate “caged areas” and runs towards the center of the map at the start towards weapons lying around - otherwise they get stuck with fists. There’s bows, halberds, swords, spears, shields, etc. Imagine getting stuck with only a shield and avoiding conflict until you see someone drop to pick up their lost weapon.

Lastly, I’ve posted about it before but the game could greatly benefit from an execution feature. Perhaps when an enemy’s “keel-over-and-die” animation is playing, a player could approach the body and press “E” to trigger an execution animation. There should be a variety of different animations from partial decapitations to throat stabs and slits and etc., chosen at random to keep the variety and entertainment up. It would be a totally optional cosmetic animation played just for bragging rights. Imagine this in a dual scenario or in the gladiator stages?

• Gladiator tournaments would be great. One of the old StarWars games had a good tournament mode where everyone would watch the fights. The winner would stay in the fight until defeated. Could even start off with weak weapons and get better ones as you keep winning.

• Tournaments? That would be a very nice addition to the game, maybe you could win a cool helmet or something :)

• Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. I don’t even have the game (can’t afford it, only played like 30 minutes of the beta) but I could tell its practically begging for gladiator and tournament modes.

• This had been discussed before and a lot of members agreed that it would be an amazing addition.It would give some variety and countless hours of fun.

• Hell, I would definitely pay for it if it was a full-fledged expansion with customizable gladiators and progression.

Like a $10 or $15 expansion. PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN TB!!

• Depending on the depth of it I would also pay for it too.

• Plus it wouldn’t be a huge diabolical challenge for the devs like a separately themed expansion such as japanese / shogun stuff.

• If they make this, it will be free so that they don’t split up the CMW community. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun though :)

• @Jake:

If they make this, it will be free so that they don’t split up the CMW community. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun though :)

Hopefully with the success of the game they’ll have the budget to make expansions like this. I think they were talking more about map packs for the free stuff - I don’t think it would split up the community of it was like, a standalone separate thing, like Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam or something

• Yeah man, that would be cool as hell to have executions… i made the same point on a topic I also made about “Killmoves” or executions if we’re going to call it that.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3337

• @mellowtooth:

Hell, I would definitely pay for it if it was a full-fledged expansion with customizable gladiators and progression.

Like a $10 or $15 expansion. PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN TB!!

I agree with this

They could make it like CRPG for mount and blade but obviously much better…

• Plus it would focus on the meat of the game, what keeps people really coming back for more - the combat. It could even beef it up a bit, add some customizable gladiator-specific weapons and classes.

I would buy the SHIT out of that.

Also, some of the arguments against the addition of executions have been in reference towards their lack of place in the game - they would feel right at home in a game about glorified, brutal bloodsport like the gladiator arena.