Multiple Server Instances - IP conflict?

• Hey guys, first post. I did some searching to find a solution to this specific issue, but none had previously been documented.

I’m hosting both a CDW and CMW server off a Windows 7 (x64) VM out of a Kansas datacenter. Dual Xeon, lots of DDR3, 1GBPS. Resources are certainly no issue here. I have both of my servers running perfectly fine (minus a lagspike issue on people joining I have yet to rectify), one Lasersword CMW server and one CDW 24/7 Duels server.

I have configured the multiple directory argument for each batch file that I am using to launch the separate instances, and have had no problems there once I figured out what config files had to be in the sub directories. For the record, or for anyone who may be confused, all your config files EXCEPT PCServer-CDWEngine.ini, PCServer-CDWGame.ini, and PCSerer-CDWSystemSettings.ini need to be in the MAIN CDWGame\Config folder, and the files I just listed would go in your config subdirectory, to which the command in your batch file will point to. For instance, if your config subdirectory is CDWGame\Config\SubConfig1, you will need to add -configsubdir=SubConfig1 to the end of your batch command.

Okay, moving on to the issue. I run each server with the following batch command:

@start CDWLogging.exe DUEL-dojo?steamsockets -dedicated=true -seekfreeloadingserver -multihome=[REDACTED IP] -Port=7790 -QueryPort=7791 -configsubdir=!Config1

The IP is obviously written there instead of [REDACTED IP], and the ports vary depending on which batch file I am using. 7777 and 7778 go with one server, 7779 and 7780 go with another, etc. This has so far not proven to be an issue, as each server runs perfectly fine individually using the batch command they each have.

However, when I try to run multiple servers together for the same game, they both show up in the server browser but I am only able to connect to whichever was started first.

My first assumption is that this is an IP conflict of some sort. While a CDW server and a CMW server can both run at the same time on the same IP, there has not yet seemed to be a conflict, but my best guess is that the Chivalry server browser does not like two servers with the same IP in the same game, for whatever reason.

Can anybody provide some insight into this, or perhaps a solution?

Someone I spoke to suggested using a subnet IP, but I’m not sure how to configure this with Chivalry or how it would affect this issue.

Thanks!

• I’ve never actually tried CMW and CDW in the same folder and then using subconfig to configure them. Why not keep CMW and CDW separate?

• @Raizio:

I’ve never actually tried CMW and CDW in the same folder and then using subconfig to configure them. Why not keep CMW and CDW separate?

CDW and CMW are separate. The multiple configs are for running multiple instances of each. Each game’s server folder is still separate, but within the config folders for each I have multiple subdirectories for separate configurations. This can be useful for having multiple different configurations if, say, one day you want your server to be running as a FFA only server, and the next you just want to do LTS, or maybe even an extra config set up for tournament mode. This way you don’t have to edit the config each time. It was my understanding, though, that this would allow multiple instances of a CDW or CMW server to be run simultaneously. Perhaps I was mistaken.

Everything seems to run fine now that I’ve got the all configured properly, the multiple server even show up in the server browser for each game it’s just that I am only able to join the first server that is run.

• This post is deleted!

• Bump. Anyone have ideas?

• Sorry, didn’t see this thread had a new update. To check if there’s actually a port conflict going on. Best to use TCPView.
    Hereby you can view by PID and see if they’re all actually using different ports.

• @Raizio:

Sorry, didn’t see this thread had a new update. To check if there’s actually a port conflict going on. Best to use TCPView.
    Hereby you can view by PID and see if they’re all actually using different ports.

Thanks, I’ll give that a shot.

• This post is deleted!

• IT WORKED!! Thanks for the TCP Viewer suggestion. Solved my problem!!

• It seems my other post did not appear.

Basically chiv servers use an extra port past what you specify for the Queryport. So if you give it 7777 and 7778, it will use those as well as 7779. So if you run a second server, the ports need to start with 7780, 7781, and assume it will use 7782 as well.

• Glad to hear that helped!