Archer bow damage nerf, seriously?

• Warbow + Broadhead arrows in Torso do not 1 shot kill archers anymore?!

W T F ???!!!

It will make crossbow much more used…

Bow is dead :(

• not if the other weapons get fixed to only 3 shot archers!

• @TheFunnySide:

not if the other weapons get fixed to only 3 shot archers!

What?! … what do you mean by “other weapons”?

The main point for going archer should be to shot enemy archers!

It was possible with warbow+broadhead = 1 Torso hit to kill an archer… But not anymore. What’s the point of warbow now?

Moreover legs shot still deals a lot of damage!

I do not understand what TBS is trying to do here…

• Light crossbow got a damage nerf as well, still OP.

• What’s the point of nerfing archer against archer? Force archer to aim their bow shots to other classes?

One word: BRILLIANT!

• Remove archer from muh melee game hehe

• Bows were the least of the problem imo, but the nerf is sort of deserved.

What I don’t understand is why Javelins are left unchanged.
    It’s rare-ish to find a decent Javelineer, but even the noobiest of noobiest Javelin Archers can be practically impossible to handle from time to time.

Fucking point blanc damage that still flinches you while you were winding up your attack… horrible.
    I’d say remove flinch from Javelins, re-add them to Sling.

• if you remove flinch from javelins, they would need to fix the bug with getting hit in throw recovery, otherwise every point blank throw even if hit would end in jav archer death because he won’t be able to block the 2nd swing either.

• Really don’t have any problem with javelins; because they’re not instantly fired there’s actually a modicum of skill involved, combined with low ammo count, high drop off and the need to actually be in the thick of it rather than up on a perch skirmishers are the archer done right. In other words I want to give them all a big kiss. I would however like to be able to block point blank throws. At that range they’re just a melee strike that’s been let go, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to flip them away. A tracer that allowed for this would also make them more responsive for the user up close too, rather than see them flying through single millimetre wide gaps like you’ve thrown a laser beam.

Bows and crossbows on the other hand are seriously anti-fun. Getting spanged by an arrow or bolt from the other side of the map is always annoying and down to pure luck and their mere presence makes everyone run around like headless chickens which makes for boring, thoughtless, spammy melee fights. I’d happily see them all deleted.

But that’s unrealistic. Better then a damage fall off over range, and I mean all the way off. I want to see arrows bouncing off helmets and armour at more than 15 meters. This’d bring the whole archer game into close range, where the rest of the game is, and do away with ridiculous sniping.

• Global Moderator

Warbow still 2 hits knights with bodkins dipshits. The warbow with broadheads took 3. And now no one uses broadheads.

The most ill thought out nerf of all time.

It was the crossbowmen who complained obviously. You’ll all archers deep down.

There were a million other things TB could of done that would of actually made sense. TB could of just said they nerfed the damage and did nothing. That’s essentially what’s happened in terms of archers shooting in melee. Nothing’s changed. Warbow nerf was completely illogical.

• @lemonater47:

Warbow still 2 hits knights with bodkins dipshits. The warbow with broadheads took 3. And now no one uses broadheads.

The most ill thought out nerf of all time.

It was the crossbowmen who complained obviously. You’ll all archers deep down.

There were a million other things TB could of done that would of actually made sense. TB could of just said they nerfed the damage and did nothing. That’s essentially what’s happened in terms of archers shooting in melee. Nothing’s changed. Warbow nerf was completely illogical.

Less people are using warbows now. This means I take overall less damage from archers. Which is one good thing. But this absolutely wasn’t the answer, archers should one shot archers very easily, but every other class needs to take far less damage.

• I must have missed the hordes of 25:0 KDR rank 13 archers with shitty names. In my 1k+ hours of chiv I rarely see a good archer or one with an actual decent KDR.

It doesn’t matter, Warbow+Bodkin is what I always used anyway. Pops heads and sends everyone including knights scurrying for cover.

• Global Moderator

@SOC:

Less people are using warbows now. This means I take overall less damage from archers. Which is one good thing. But this absolutely wasn’t the answer, archers should one shot archers very easily, but every other class needs to take far less damage.

I don’t see less archers though. They are using bodkins or crossbows.

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

I must have missed the hordes of 25:0 KDR rank 13 archers with shitty names. In my 1k+ hours of chiv I rarely see a good archer or one with an actual decent KDR.

It doesn’t matter, Warbow+Bodkin is what I always used anyway. Pops heads and sends everyone including knights scurrying for cover.

I had a score of 38-3-31 with the LCB yesterday, 2 of my deaths were teamkills from the same dude at the ballista. But LCB got nerfed so I guess it’s fine. Then again I can top the boards with sling, which I know some other people here in EU can do as well. The problem is still how OP javs is, they’re too fast for the amount of damage they deal, not even sling can compete with their speed.

• Global Moderator

You get 5 of them, can’t use them really close and they aren’t the best in groups.

• @SOC:

Thank you!

archers should one shot archers very easily”: that’s how I should have named this thread.

There is no way to one shot archer with bow now (on Torso hit). Sad thing is, using Warbow, only 2 bodkin Torso hits are required to kill any classes now! This mean that as an archer you won’t have to aim for specific target: Just aim at every enemy you see! New archer bow gameplay = spamming arrows :(

Regarding archer vs archer, just pick any bow, any arrow type = killed in 2 Torso shots!

Thank you TBS, archer class needed this because the main issue with archer is that they aim for enemy archers!

• Global Moderator

Actually shortbow bodkin takes 3 arrows on archers in the torso.

• @lemonater47:

Must admit I did not check, but I was referring to this spreadsheet data:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCaqK9JaJDIdEo3NDJKWkk5SVhRY2tEYjBLSk1xbWc&usp=drive_web#gid=102

Seems to be 3 hits for MaA but 2 for archer…

Still, broadhead arrows (i.e. anti-archer) are 2 Torso shots whatever the bow :(

How stupid is that?

• @lemonater47:

This shows how little you know about the game.

• Global Moderator

@Xylvion:

This shows how little you know about the game.

Or shows how much I use the shortbow.

When has the spreadsheet been right. Honestly look at all the damage values for weapons in the game console and compare them to the spreadsheet.

In fact look at the spreadsheet for the archer weapons. So badly outdated that each arrow does different damages. They changed that a loooong time ago. So who knows what damages the other ranged weapons do.

Fact of the matter is these “nerfs” only nerfed archer on archer combat.

Light crossbow nerfs did nothing. Still 2 hits everyone but knights and still headshot kills vanguards. HTK was completely unchanged.

Placebo effect made people stop complaining about archers.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.