Archer bow damage nerf, seriously?

• @Xylvion:

I used shortbow with bodkin for like 5 hours now, still 2hits archers to the torso.

Must’ve been bug fixed this patch, either they aren’t supposed to or they never did before because of bugs. It was never really talked about since no one uses shortbow since sling.

• Shortbow bodkins has been a two-shot on archers for a quite a long time now. I can’t think of a good reason to use broadheads anyway. The damage is poor against knights.

• @Kleptis:

Shortbow bodkins has been a two-shot on archers for a quite a long time now. I can’t think of a good reason to use broadheads anyway. The damage is poor against knights.

Being able to two shot maas to the torso makes the broadhead/bodkin on shortbow the most balanced among the bows.

• @Xylvion:

Being able to two shot maas to the torso makes the broadhead/bodkin on shortbow the most balanced among the bows.

Bodkins don’t two-shot maa to the torso. Though they might as well. Puts them in range to die to a kick.

• use bodkin shortbow .it can kill archer with two hits and you will deal quite lot of damage overall on every player .seriously shortbow bodkin is realy good if you are good archer

• @Kleptis:

Bodkins don’t two-shot maa to the torso. Though they might as well. Puts them in range to die to a kick.

Exactly what I said, that makes the broadheads viable, meanwhile the bodkins are better against vanguards/knights than the broadheads. Aka balance between them.

• I love shortbow/bodkin, but I get this thing where my bow doesn’t fire when I release the mouse button. Just stays drawn until I click again.

Sigh… it is a hard life, being forced to use light xbow.

• @dudeface:

I love shortbow/bodkin, but I get this thing where my bow doesn’t fire when I release the mouse button. Just stays drawn until I click again.

Sigh… it is a hard life, being forced to use light xbow.

I remember having that as well, I believe it was if I accidentaly hit another button, can’t remember if it was sprint or whatever while drawing the bow and it would get stuck.

• Hm… I’ll have to do some testing on that. Makes sense. It’s probably that dastardly sprint given how messed up it already is with xbows.

• the main thing i don’t like about all this range shit is the missile speed which makes light xbow + sling in particular fucking retarded

at least warbow didn’t have that ridiculous travel speed + had some drop

• @Xylvion:

I remember having that as well, I believe it was if I accidentaly hit another button, can’t remember if it was sprint or whatever while drawing the bow and it would get stuck.

I’ve had it happen when i was just standing still firing into space to chip away at Let It Rain. just clicking lmb (not holding).

• @LongSun:

I’ve had it happen when i was just standing still firing into space to chip away at Let It Rain. just clicking lmb (not holding).

That might be the case then, a ‘quickclick’ might be the cause of it.