Archers: Totally nerfed?

• So i usually play as an offensive archer carring my pebbles and supporting my teammates by close assisting.
    The thing is that with this last update and the recent chase thingy i cant get away from my opponents :apologetic:.

See one of my tactics is to get at a close but safe distance and try to assist by annoying my enemies. I use to run away from knights while throwing stones at them when im in danger, but now i found myself nerfed again by another parch.

With the latest “fixes” i cant flinch enemies with my pebbles so that means that i probably wont be able to stop their hits with my aiming if they get close while runnign away.
    In melee combat ive 80% poss. of diying even tho i can still kick them away and poke them as fast as i can with my secondary weapon. I cant even tell you what it feels like to duel a powerful knight by moving around, shooting and poking heroically to end up killed by one (1) messer strike… that to me is OP or my character is terribly nerfed to the point that it is nearly useless at close comb.

Given the last updates released, i feel like this class is getting so underpowered (at least if you play with the slig) that you cant do anything else but staying still near your spawn sniping enemies with heavy cross, cs style.

Thats kinda boring so… what do u guys think?

• As you say your aim was to annoy your enemies, games are supposed to be fun, not annoying, so that’s probably why they were nerfed.

Try the javelin, it still flinches.

• You can always get better in melee and pwn any approaching knights in melee. Remember, shortsword has OP ripostes and OP feints.

• Become awesome in melee. People don’t expect archers to be awesome in melee.

• The main thing with archer melee is stamina management, if a teammate gets close to you, leave the enemy to him and then kill the enemy by hitting him another 2 times easily. With time you’ll learn when to switch to your secondary and not keep your primary up. Sling is still a really good weapon, hitting a vanguard once could mean that any of your melee teammates will kill him in 1 hit, same with maas and archers, on the knight you might bring it down to 1-3 hits instead depending on the melee weapon. Sling is only underpowered against other archers, it’s really great against melee classes even without the flinch, but javelins outclass them in every way possible so there’s really no reason to use sling.

• Sling has amazing range, rate of fire and accuracy with unlimited ammo. It reduces HTK on every enemy in the game if you don’t suck with it. Just learn to position your self better and get better in melee, archers still have amazing effective range due to their foot speed and can stall for team mates if you suck that bad. Archers need much more heavy nerfs.

• @McLumberjack:

As you say your aim was to annoy your enemies, games are supposed to be fun, not annoying, so that’s probably why they were nerfed.

Try the javelin, it still flinches.

I ment that in a good way. You know… making them dodge and work a little harder at the same time that i support mates in a dangerous situation

• I’m pretty good with the sling and with the short sword, the thing is that with this new chase mech they come way faster than they used to. They are harder to run away from too. Maybe i have to get used to this new speed :P

• Bring back flinch. I don’t know what retard’s idea it was to remove flinch (yeah, because you wouldn’t break a step if you got a arrow slammed through your shouler) and didn’t even remove the flinch animation at that… It turned archers from being able to support their teammates to being a pure damage class.

• Archers should not flinch. I can’t do anything about an archer shooting me while I’m fighting someone, I shouldn’t be flinched and lose that fight because of it. They already lower my HTK, they definitely shouldn’t flinch too.

• Good archers pump a few arrows into you before even engaging you in melee. These archers are damn near impossible to fight even in their nerfed state since by the time you reach them, you’re on their level in terms of hits to kill.

• @SOC:

Archers should not flinch. I can’t do anything about an archer shooting me while I’m fighting someone, I shouldn’t be flinched and lose that fight because of it. They already lower my HTK, they definitely shouldn’t flinch too.

wow you mean that archers hitting you in melee combat incurs a negative effect upon you? that’s stupid isn’t it.

• Pebbles are hm… ZomboJoe and Tempest archers kinda rek me with pebbles.

If you like clutch flinches and mobility, Light Jav is prob your best bet right now. That shit flinches PARRIES, perfect for supporting your Maul knight lmao.

• @wyrda78:

wow you mean that archers hitting you in melee combat incurs a negative effect upon you? that’s stupid isn’t it.

I think a class that can damage me from any range and there’s absolutely nothing I can do about it but hope they’re bad or also play archer is really stupid.

• A very good archer still has the single greatest impact on a game compared to any other class. Even if the archer only lands one or two shots on the enemy’s melee prior to engagement, he’s given his team a sizable advantage in the melee engagement before it even begins. On the other hand, a so-so archer is probably doing more harm than good when he could be replaced by a good melee.

• Global Moderator

Feints are designed to be annoying. Says so in the tutorial. The point of this game is to piss everyone off.

• @lemonater47:

Feints are designed to be annoying. Says so in the tutorial. The point of this game is to piss everyone off.

So you’re actually a bot created by TBS? makes sense.

• I agree that the chase mechanic was a dumb way to balance anything and it did more harm than good, but archers still have the second best melee in speed and movement. So no they are not over nerfed.

• @SOC:

I think a class that can damage me from any range and there’s absolutely nothing I can do about it but hope they’re bad or also play archer is really stupid.

plenty of stuff you can do about it.

• Global Moderator

And if TB decided to do more than push 6 buttons to change damage values there would be even more ways to counter or hinder archers.