Tier list?

• Do we have a Chivalry weapon tier list by class? If not, we need to make one.

• What are you talking about?

• Like effectiveness? I guess Broad, Norse, War Axe, Morning Star, Quarter Staff would be first tier for MaA.

• Everyting > Flail.

• @Oy:

Like effectiveness? I guess Broad, Norse, War Axe, Morning Star, Quarter Staff would be first tier for MaA.

More like
    1: Norse
    2: Broad, Quartarstaff, Morning Star, Short Sword
    3: Dane, Holly Water, Mace
    4:War Axe, Hatchet, Falchion

• Top tier: Anything archer.
    High tier: Anything MaA.
    Mid tier: Vanguard GS, brandi. Everything else mid-low tier.
    Low tier: Knight messer, maul. Everything else low-F tier.

• @TheFunnySide:

More like
    1: Norse
    2: Broad, Quartarstaff, Morning Star, Short Sword
    3: Dane, Holly Water, Mace
    4:War Axe, Hatchet, Falchion

lol war axe is amazing u wot m8

• Archer tier list:
    1: Shortspear, Javelin, Pilum, LCB
    2: Warbow, Shortbow(more like tier 1.5), MCB, HCB, Longbow, Sling
    3: Shortsword, Sabre, Thrusting dagger
    4: Cudgel, Hunting dagger, Broad dagger

MMA tier list:
    1: Broadsword, Morningstar, Quarterstaff, Norsesword, Shortsword, Sabre, Dane Axe, Thrusting Dagger
    2: Flanged Mace, HWS, Waraxe, Falchion
    3: Cudgel, Hatchet
    4: Broad Dagger, Hunting Dagger

Vanguard tier list:
    1: Greatsword, zweihander, Brandistock, Thrusting Spear, Billhook, Halberd
    2: Polehammer, Bardiche, Fork, Shortsword, Dane Axe, Claymore
    3: Waraxe, Sabre
    4: Cudgel, Hatchet

Knight tier list
    1: Longsword, Messer, SoW, Maul, Grandmace, Pole Axe, Broadsword, Norsesword, Morningstar, HWS
    2: Dubaxe, Warhammer, Flanged mace
    3: Bearded axe, Falchion
    4: Heavy Flail, Flail

Seriously, everyone will have different lists, that’s obvious. The same weapon might not be as good for knight as for MAA, for example falchion is really good as a MAA, but way too short for a knight.

• knight: messer and norse
    maa: norse

source: im the best knight and maa

• @Xylvion:

everyone will have different lists, that’s obvious.

That’s exactly what the problem is. During tournaments somebody should be recording the weapons that make the most kills/get picked the most. By two years we should have a definitive tier list, one that’s not specific to a player.

Edit:
    Your list is actually a pretty good place to start. I’ll give you an example of where we can improve it:
    You placed fork and claymore at the same tier. Personally, I thought claymore was higher than fork.
    If we had, I don’t know, fifty or so duels (Clay vs. fork), we could have a solid superior.
    Edit again:
    I meant with different people. Not just the same two.

• @Skindiacus:

That’s exactly what the problem is. During tournaments somebody should be recording the weapons that make the most kills/get picked the most. By two years we should have a definitive tier list, one that’s not specific to a player.

The game changes too much for a tier list, and there’s no where near enough data to support a real tier list since there’s so few real competitive people.

• @Skindiacus:

Two years we will be on CMW2

• @Xylvion:

Archer tier list:
    1: Shortspear, Javelin, Pilum, LCB
    2: Warbow, Shortbow(more like tier 1.5), MCB, HCB, Longbow, Sling
    3: Shortsword, Sabre, Thrusting dagger
    4: Cudgel, Hunting dagger, Broad dagger

MMA tier list:
    1: Broadsword, Morningstar, Quarterstaff, Norsesword, Shortsword, Sabre, Dane Axe, Thrusting Dagger
    2: Flanged Mace, HWS, Waraxe, Falchion
    3: Cudgel, Hatchet
    4: Broad Dagger, Hunting Dagger

I dont think anything in tir1 compaires to the Norse nor do i think thrusting dagger is any better than the HWS

Vanguard tier list:
    1: Greatsword, zweihander, Brandistock, Thrusting Spear, Billhook, Halberd
    2: Polehammer, Bardiche, Fork, Shortsword, Dane Axe, Claymore
    3: Waraxe, Sabre
    4: Cudgel, Hatchet

There is no way Billhook is in Tir1 i never meet someone who did well with it and looking at the stats i know why
    I beleave that Fork is Tir 1 it just plays not like a spear

Knight tier list
    1: Longsword, Messer, SoW, Maul, Grandmace, Pole Axe, Broadsword, Norsesword, Morningstar, HWS
    2: Dubaxe, Warhammer, Flanged mace
    3: Bearded axe, Falchion
    4: Heavy Flail, Flail

• @gregcau:

Two years we will be on CMW2

I meant two years from Chivalry’s release. (Now) XD

@SOC:

The game changes too much for a tier list, and there’s no where near enough data to support a real tier list since there’s so few real competitive people.

Yeah, I guess so. A tier list would be a nice thing to have though.

• @TheFunnySide:

I dont think anything in tir1 compaires to the Norse nor do i think thrusting dagger is any better than the HWS

As I mentioned everyone will have different lists.
    My favourite MAA weapon is the Morningstar, I don’t think Norse can compete with that myself. Norse is, in my opinion, really really good as a knight secondary but only mediocre as a MAA.
    HWS was really good, but with the nerf to it I really see no point in using it, the T.Dagger got really fast ripostes, “great range”, great combo speeds, short recovery. But once again it’s a great knight weapon.

There is no way Billhook is in Tir1 i never meet someone who did well with it and looking at the stats i know why
    I beleave that Fork is Tir 1 it just plays not like a spear

Fork is a great weapon indeed, especially in 1v1 situations, but I don’t think it’s as good as the ones I added to tier 1 in my list.
    Billhook is great, the weapon I got the most problems fighting. It’s great at flinching/hittrading, interrupting, deals a great amount of damage, is really fast. Really I see no downside to it.

@Skin
    I wouldn’t put the current claymore above the fork at all, fork is a lot better imo, the claymore barely got anything to make it viable except for killing noobs.

• Global Moderator

The billhook is a pretty good weapon. Though I’d rather have a halberd or Polehammer when fighting a knight. But its brilliant at dealing with other vanguards and MAA

Fork is too low damaging to be useful in a team environment. You take too bloody long to kill people with it.

• @lemonater47:

The billhook is a pretty good weapon. Though I’d rather have a halberd or Polehammer when fighting a knight. But its brilliant at dealing with other vanguards and MAA

Fork is too low damaging to be useful in a team environment. You take too bloody long to kill people with it.

It’s one of the best support weapons there is though.

• Global Moderator

Yeah but as soon as you come up against two more or less decent players and you have a fork in your hands you are pretty damn screwed. Spear and Brandi are much better at the support role anyway.

• Agreed. Fork can be really useful on duels or small battles as a 2vs2, but anything bigger comes with the chance of possible enemy reinforcements when fights are prolonged and it’s just impossible with a Fork to dispose of enemies quickly enough on your own.

It’s the ultimate flinch-machine, though. It’s a bit like pre-patch pebbles; dealing very little damage but still constantly flinching your opponent from a short but safe distance so your teammates can finish him off.

• Mod

The fork’s a great janitor weapon, you’re not meant to fight with it but to just go in and get the final hit on everyone who’s low. It’s pretty good in team fights, but there are better weapons.