A very valid suggestion!

• I’m only picky with the things that are worth making a thread. Chivalry as one of my favourite games, has had everything right from the start. I still love this game and play it today but one thing, ‘somewhat’ bothers me:

The skin for the weapons are the same for both sides, the character skins for each side are different to create a clear distinction. however the weapons identical to both mason and Agatha. its like both armies shop at the same supplier. perhaps weapons (stats remaining the same) could be skinned different for each team.

It is in no way worth your time reading this if you have bugs and other issues to attend to. but when you almighty game creators are done with refining your game, it would be nice if this were to be addressed. I would like to see clear distinction in enemy weapons, only small changes to add tot he realism of medieval warfare.
    this obviously assuming that in real life medieval wars, the two armies didn’t use the exact same looking weapons.

if you have read up to this sentence without getting bored, you deserve a joke:
    How do you spot a blind man on a nude beach?
    -Well… it isn’t hard

Directed by
    Red Hunter

Produced by
    Red Hunter

Unillustrated by
    Red Hunter

Made tedious by
    Red Hunter

Credits by
    Red Hunter

Sanity lost by
    Red Hunter’s other personality

Published by
    Red Hunter

• but how will tbs get monies from this

• nice suggestion but it isnt going to happen, i hope i dont have to explain why.
    r8 joke 5/8

• @Rekrab:

but how will tbs get monies from this

moar skins

• lol im just surprised my thread got thru this time
    and that people read it

• yes zombojoe, that’s 1 guy who gets it.
    everybody profits from it :D

• Global Moderator

Its actually more realistic for the armies to have the same weapons as each other.

Its a civil war for starters.

But even the French and English had the same arms and armour as each other.

• easier to steal enemy weapons that way

• I relly like your aproach in thread creation with credits’n all, 8/10

• Aw thanks, I try.
    I’m sure my thread credits are worth taking seriously, it would be nice to see weapon variation.

• @lemonater47:

Its actually more realistic for the armies to have the same weapons as each other.

Its a civil war for starters.

But even the French and English had the same arms and armour as each other.

Rightly so, that makes sense if it was a civil war, and you have done your research, but notice an Agatha knights armour isn’t the same shape as a mason. They both have the same ARMOUR and ARMS but the arms are identical, however the armour differently shaped. my request is simply this for the arms to add to the realism of choosing a side.

• Global Moderator

Well yes the Agathians have a more north western Europe look and the masons have a sort of Byzantine and Hungarian look to them.

But it even across that distance the weaponry wasn’t all too different. In fact the Byzantines were known for the adoption of many western weaponry and medieval Hungary wasn’t that much different from Western Europe.

• who woulda thought that shit that worked was adopted everywhere?

• Global Moderator

@zombojoe:

who woulda thought that shit that worked was adopted everywhere?

I think some people under estimate the travelling capabilities of people that long ago. So they think “shit that worked” didn’t get revealed to other countries. There were many many trade routes which spread technology everywhere. The Vikings were using using superior steel from Damascus to make superior swords before the rest of the west because of the Volga trade route. Even the Romans had contact with the kingdom of India at the time. At one point there was even an embassy in Rome.

• How is it unrealistic to have slightly different weapon skins? They don’t need to be different weapons all together. That’s not what OP is suggesting.

• @dudeface:

How is it unrealistic to have slightly different weapon skins? They don’t need to be different weapons all together. That’s not what OP is suggesting.

It’s not unrealistic at all but mason order and agatha knights are indeed from the same army so it’s not unreasonable to assume that they would both use weaponry from the same swordsmiths.

Maybe there is only one competent weaponsmith and few competent armorsmiths around so they can have variety in armor but all the weapons come from the same smith or something.

As for OP’s suggestion, it would indeed be nice but making new models this late into game’s life cycle would be silly and waste of resources without any monetary benefits. You could throw this suggestion at TBS junk mail box and hope for the best. Or you can be hyped about Slasher because it has customizable weapons.

• I’m sure weapons were/could be looted and re-used from those that have fallen on the battlefield.

• Global Moderator

@Kreittis:

It’s not unrealistic at all but mason order and agatha knights are indeed from the same army so it’s not unreasonable to assume that they would both use weaponry from the same swordsmiths.

Maybe there is only one competent weaponsmith and few competent armorsmiths around so they can have variety in armor but all the weapons come from the same smith or something.

As for OP’s suggestion, it would indeed be nice but making new models this late into game’s life cycle would be silly and waste of resources without any monetary benefits. You could throw this suggestion at TBS junk mail box and hope for the best. Or you can be hyped about Slasher because it has customizable weapons.

Hype only leads to disappointment.

• @dudeface:

How is it unrealistic to have slightly different weapon skins? They don’t need to be different weapons all together. That’s not what OP is suggesting.

Yes, another guy gets it!
    I am aware that this will never happen but, like I said in my original post, if the ‘almighty game creators’ are done refining their game, to get a chance and add to the realism, by just making small changes in the looks of each weapons. TBS could easily find a way to profit from this with more skins and such. There is no shortage of chivalry fans willing to pay that little extra.

• Global Moderator

It wouldn’t be adding realism though when the current way is already as realistic as it gets.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.