[IDEA] CHIVALRY RPG GAME FOR THE COMP. SCENE

• Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I’m here to bring you an idea that will hopefully make the competitive scene in Europe (and America too, but I don’t know the situation over there :indecisiveness:) flourish once again….

…I present you:

_By an idea of NGU ┃King Sigurd the Conqueror

_RPG CHIV: Distribution of Lands!

(If you have suggestions for the name, leave them down below)

The game is simple: Every European Clan (US can do the same with their own map) is given starting regions, and in order to conquer new they’ll have to steal lands battling other clans in scrims. Overall I think that it’s a good idea, at least in Europe given the total absence of a competitive scene, to rejuvenate it and overall have a clear idea of which are the active clans and which are the strongest etc.

[THE MAP THAT IS ATTACHED TO THE TOPIC IS MERELY REPRESENTATIVE OF THE CLAN THAT HAVE, SO FAR, AGREED TO PLAY. IT DOESN’T REPRESENT THE STATE OF THE GAME AT ITS LAUNCH]

Each participating Clan will be given a starting area (made of 8 regions) either based on the geographical location of most players in the clan, or simply by request of the clan leader.
    The number of regions which will be acquired follows this order:

• Kendo+TO up to 5 regions - 5 vs 5 players minimum
    • Best of 5 LTS 3 regions - 3 vs 3 up to 5 players
    • Bo3 Kendo 2 regions - 3 vs 3 up to 5 players
    • Bo3 LTS 1 region -3 vs 3 up to 5 players

In order to coordinate the game, setup the scrims and post the screenshots of the scrims’ results
    - ALL CLAN LEADERS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER A STEAM GROUP THAT WILL BE CREATED , ONLY THEY WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE THE MOVES ON THE MAP-

STEAM GROUP:

RPG CHIV: Distribution of Lands

tag: RPGCHIV

RULES/FAQ

Q. -How will the scrims affect the map?
    A. -Initially there will be, apart from your homeland, white regions, uncontested. Challenging another Clan and succeding will let you choose 2 options:

-Build a Colony close to the enemy clan’s region (or steal it in case that there’s other clans’ borders, who were not involved in the scrim, nearby.)

or

-Expand your own territory (unless obviously you have some other clans’s borders, who were not involved in the scrim, nearby.)

WINNING A SCRIM will let you conquer the territory you want
    LOOSING IT will have you loose yours, once the map is filled, even if you are the one challenging!

Q. -How much time do I have in order to reply to another Clan’s challenge?
    A. - Still to be determined/Probably 4-7 days of time

Q. -How many scrims can be made in a week?
    A. -In order to prevent stronger clans to bully the ones just for the sake of getting more territories, the scrims against the SAME clan will be limited to once/twice a MONTH. So at the end of the month, when the map is refreshed the ones with most territories will be the strongest, since they had to actually beat all clans. Quality over Quantity.

Q. - What happens if more clans claim the same territory?
    A. -We will only consider the requests made on the steam group and the order will be the ones in which they are made. So the more you are active, the better for your land grabbing! :)

Q. -Where will the scrims be played?
    A. - I hope there will be cooperation between clan leaders in order to provide stable servers with password.

Q. - I’m a leader of an undisciplined clan, what happens if my clan of scrubs looses all the territories??!
    A. - You’ll become part of the Barbaric Invasions, and will be able to re-conquer territories starting from the borders: EAST, SOUTH, AND NORTH COASTS and BORDERS. Having territories in the middle will be safer, but they will be wanted by a lot of clans…
    A. 2 -There’s the possibility that there will be a tier system with 2 maps, one with the top clans, one with the newest.

Q. - What do I get by winning these lands? Are there any prizes?
    A. - Nope, unfortunately this idea was created by players, so there’s nothing to win apart from the territories on that map.
    BUT, the map will be public and updated regularly showing which clans of Chivalry: MW are the strongest and most active. You’ll get notoriety in the community, you’ll be envyed and respected!

If Torn Banner back ups the idea, though….

This are all the questions that came up to my mind when thinking of the design of this minigame. If you have any more doubts or constructive comments, leave them down below and they will be added!

The Map might become interactive thanks to ǂƁŁǂ Ragnaros

IF YOU WANT TO BE ADDED AS A CLAN LEADER AND PARTICIPATE THE GAME
    THE STEAM CONTACTS ARE:**

Λ┃Fafnir
    ǂƁŁǂ Fariel

CLANS SIGNED IN:
    Myrmidons (Λ┃ )
    Burning Legion (ǂƁŁǂ)
    Peasant Rebellion Squad (ƤƦƧ)
    ODG (|O.D.G|)
    TPL (|TPL|)
    Militia (Mιlιтια |)
    FF/GLD (merged roster) (To be defined)
    Morte Couille ([MC])
    CaveMen (CM)
    Bane
    Bardes ( ♪ Le Barde ♪)
    Bane (****Ƀ|)
    ****Fist ([FIST])
    Kaway and the Kamikaze Dickwaffles (KatKD |)
    The Lost Order (TLO |)
    The Throne Lords (TTL |)

Les Gueux (not confirmed)
    Mor (not confirmed)
    UKN (not confirmed)
    Infinity (not confirmed)
    Ang (Λng) (not participating)

…and a lot more are yet to come (they just need to inform the clan members)

The scrims will start the 9th of November. The Map will be released that same day, with the results of the first day of scrims.

IMPORTANT UPDATES TO RULES

RULE UPDATE 1

Due to the high participation of clans, I’ve tweaked the rules a bit to make it feasabile even for those who have members who work:

-All clans have to do a minimum of X scrims (the number is based on the participating clans, 10 at the current state) every MONTH, those scrims will be against ALL the clans, to avoid challenging the same clans over and over.

-The Challenging Clan gets to pick the game mode. So hurry up!

-However, given the competitive nature of the game, every clan will have to do AT LEAST 1 Kendo round (for map)+Team Objective every 2 months vs all clans. Failing to do so will have your clan loose 3 regions, that will go to the Blank state, for each TO avoided.

-Starting Regions increased to 15

RULE UPDATE 2

-The TO scrim is made of attack and defense side for each team. The best time is the winner.
    -50% rule is always on.

-Spectators is up to the owner of the server’s discretion. But due to ghosting, if a team invites a spectator, also the other clan is supposed to be able to invite spectators. If there’s no room for spectators on both sides, then no spectator should be allowed.

• This post is deleted!

• This is one of the worst ideas I have ever read.

Is this a joke or?

• @Magicmike:

This is one of the worst ideas I have ever read.

Is this a joke or?

It took you almost 2 hours for this puny comment mike? Did you have problems signing in? :P

I expect better from you.

@Lord_Ragnaros:

What happens if a clan which wasn’t in the game wants to join in ? Will they start from the unowned lands ?
    And I’ve been thinking of only allowing to engage borderlands in which you have maritime or terrestrial access to them (Obviously if it’s by sea you must have a region that is connected to it).
    One last thing, in the Kendö-TOs would be 5 the limit of one team’s players ? I propose letting it be higher than that, in case it’s possible for both clans.

By the way I will do what I can with the interactive map ! I’ll keep you informed, and I’m open to any help you can give me.

There should be enough regions for everyone in Europe, but in case that there are none and the game’s already started yes, they’ll have to start as Barbarians.

No, the Kendo-TO isn’t limited to 5 players, thanks for pointing it out. It’s the minimum.

• This post is deleted!

• This is what shogun 2 did. Though it had a tier system rather than “barbarian invasion” system.

But those who captured the most amount of land on the multiplayer campaign map would go up a tier, while those with the least would go down a tier.

You could use the actual chivalry map rather than a map of Europe you realise.

• So basically like planetside 2?

• @Xylvion:

So basically like planetside 2?

Not really lol.

• Sounds good. Tiers should bring the competitive scene back a bit hopefully.

• lol chiv comp

• new hats for the most dominant clans. It’s a cool idea but i dont think it will ever see the light of day. Reminds me of chromehounds multiplayer.

• It’s basically like any game with maps, you win, you conquer. But it also represents the real clans and the real influence they have on the competitive scene.

@CRUSHED:

lol chiv comp

yep.

• Sounds good, even if i agree with crushed there lol

• @CRUSHED:

lol chiv comp

dont tell me you only play for fun or dont get any fun out of being better than someone else, there is no way anyone could play this game for so many hours and still enjoy it because of the exploding heads and so on.

• Possibly the worse idea I’ve seen ever.

• I think it’s a pretty cool idea. I played in a league that was almost kind of similar to this in BF2. Good luck!

• @Flotch:

Possibly the worse idea I’ve seen ever.

possibly the worst avatar… oh wait Oy.

• This is not new at all in video games but still, it’s a very good initiative.
    This forum clearly needs more people like this and less frustrated kids with “worst idea ever” comments.

• I would spectate the fuck out of this.

• great idea. If there was one for AUS it would definitely motivate me to play it.