Archers

• So with the recent patch broadhead of course is useless. For Competitive Chivalry Archers such as myself this is detrimental to the game.

This is specifically opinion based.

Why should Light xbow be able to get 2 shots off while a Warbow archer can only get one. Also including that the Light Xbow can one shot an archer.

I don’t know why the warbow was nerfed. Counter arching is the main game for archers like me.

Archers are no longer individual classes. They are specifically support. Which works well in small clan based games , but not 24 man or bigger PuBs.

1200 hours arching on this game. Never complained.

Wtf TBS?!?!?!?

• I agree. Let’s buff the last weapons unlocked and nerf the rest.

• Oh hey, another one of these.

Are broadhead threads the new feinting threads? Discuss.

• Unlocks are not supposed to be direct upgrades. Starter weapons are sometimes the best (old greatsword for instance). Just say you want to oneshot archers with warbow again and justify it better.

• i am okay with this newfound machinegun meta

TBS might as well add an mp40

• Maschenpistole Meta.

I can dig it.

Really though, such a pointless discussion. Time to move on to other games and other loves.

• Why does Maul deal more damage than grandmace when grandmace is the last upgrade? this is unfair and maul shouldn’t be better than grandmace, plz make grandmace stabs oneshot every class to the torso.

On topic:
    Wtf is a short Xbow?
    If you mean LCB it doesn’t one shot archers unless to the head and fires around the same speed as a warbow.
    If you mean MCB it’s a lot slower than the warbow an deals more damage.
    Other than that Longbow broadheads can 1shot two classes to the head meanwhile the bodkin can’t. But you don’t see people complain about that.

• The order things unlock in is irrelevant, the alternative weapons are about pros and cons, not upgrades.

If the warbow is taking as many shots as the longbow to kill archers then perhaps that means the longbow is the new counter-archer standard. Enjoy the increased fire-rate and reserve the warbow for taking on knight heavy teams.

• @McLumberjack:

If the warbow is taking as many shots as the longbow to kill archers then perhaps that means the longbow is the new counter-archer standard. Enjoy the increased fire-rate and reserve the warbow for taking on knight heavy teams.

If the warbow is taking as many shots as the shortbow to kill archers then perhaps that means the shortbow is the new counter-archer standard. Enjoy the increased fire-rate and reserve the warbow for taking on knight heavy teams.

Oh wait… Crossbow still one shot kill archer!
    If the warbow is taking more shots than the Crossbow to kill archers then perhaps that means the Crossbow is the new counter-archer standard. Or enjoy the increased fire-rate of the LCB for taking on vanguards heavy teams.

FYP

• Make archers one shot other archers, but nerf their damage to all other classes. Problem solved. Archers should one shot other archers easily and efficiently. Force them to stand still while shooting or suffer major inaccuracy penalty so that it’s quick to kill them.

• @Argyle:

If the warbow is taking as many shots as the shortbow to kill archers then perhaps that means the shortbow is the new counter-archer standard. Enjoy the increased fire-rate and reserve the warbow for taking on knight heavy teams.

Oh wait… Crossbow still one shot kill archer!
    If the warbow is taking more shots than the Crossbow to kill archers then perhaps that means the Crossbow is the new counter-archer standard. Or enjoy the increased fire-rate of the LCB for taking on vanguards heavy teams.

FYP

Glarble Glarble Glarble.

F_Y_P.

• I have a solution for this. Nerf bodkins and bolts more so broadheads aren’t so weak in comparison.

Good archers would have to start aiming for the head and bad archers would stop playing archer completely.

So, more skill needed, less shit archers = Chivalry good again.

• @Fang:

I have a solution for this. Nerf bodkins and bolts more so broadheads aren’t so weak in comparison.

Good archers would have to start aiming for the head and bad archers would stop playing archer completely.

So, more skill needed, less shit archers = Chivalry good again.

It’s not that there are too many shit archers, the real problem is that the good archers are too hard to counter. Bad Archers are easy to deal with, unless there’s like 3 or 4 of them together. It’s the good and really good Archers that are able to cripple people through tower shields at long distance repeatedly that makes most people angry. Whatever fix you suggest, someone will complain about it.

• @Oy:

It’s not that there are too many shit archers, the real problem is that the good archers are too hard to counter. Bad Archers are easy to deal with, unless there’s like 3 or 4 of them together. It’s the good and really good Archers that are able to cripple people through tower shields at long distance repeatedly that makes most people angry. Whatever fix you suggest, someone will complain about it.

True. One way to balance it based would be reducing damage over longer distances. Reduced damage would force them come closer instead of keep sniping with 60 FoV from a 100 meters away doing full damage every few seconds. Bows are too strong for small scrims like 6v6, because without a shield you will surely get hit and most often than not it will eat over 50 % of your health and that 50 hp is a big portion of your team’s collective health.

A few good archers can’t hold off a 8 knights with shields (most knights have shields instead of throwing axes in public TO games), so I don’t think archers are that bad on pubs even if they are skilled.

Still they need some nerfing because not every multiplayer game needs to have a point-click-kill component in it. Since most of the fighting and progress is done in melee, I don’t see why we should listen to the players who migrated from Battlefield 3 recon class to Chivalry archer and who don’t think their medieval sniper rifles are overpowered.

The normal crossbow for example is a ridiculous weapon that still has bolts that travel at light speed and will make any class drop down under 50 % health with one body shot, and anyone who has once used something similar in a game will be able to hit often enough to stop a push.

E: MAKE DRAWING A BOW AND HOLDING IT READY CONSUME STAMINA, SO QUICK AND ACCURATE SHOTS ARE REWARDED

• just give every other class bow secondaries and we gud. or make my throwing axes fly as far as heavy crossbow and we gud

• @50ShadesofClay:

just give every other class bow secondaries and we gud. or make my throwing axes fly as far as heavy crossbow and we gud

Can I, like, Viking throw my maul? And my heater tbh.

• @k3||Chicken:

The first given crossbow should not be better than it. At all.

I agree, nerf crossbows. If it takes archers longer to kill each other great for the game. They will still go for the easier target to hit.

They did nerf light xbow to 80 but in their infinite wisdom changed it back to 90.

• Global Moderator

@gregcau:

I agree, nerf crossbows. If it takes archers longer to kill each other great for the game. They will still go for the easier target to hit.

They did nerf light xbow to 80 but in their infinite wisdom changed it back to 90.

They nerfed it to 70 from 90. Then changed it to 80 from 70.

Not that the 80 damage is any different to 90 HTK wise anyway.

• Actually it was 98 before, not 90.

• How could you buff sling? Maybe make lead balls super effective against Archers.