Wait, so MAA is underpowered now?? Since when?

• How is MAA underpowered now, DAOF was fixed right? Every weapon made to be slower, what else?

I don’t think that these changes would really make them underpowered, just less gimmicky… pls explain.

• Mediocre players made to look better than they were suddenly feel distressed.

• And broadsword scrubs needing to bind slash and overhead again.

• The thing is you can still:
    Dodge out of Flinch
    Dodge out of Active Parry (And queue an attack, also a get out of jail for free card)
    Dodge out of Recovery (And queue an attack)

Remove this crap, change the dodge cooldwon from 0.3 -> 0.5, revert dodge stamina drain down to 15 and bam everyone’s happy.

• I wouldn’t be happy with less stamina on dodge even with those changes. They don’t need any compensation at all. And I wouldn’t be happy until they also got a foot speed nerf and/or forward chase returns and it activated sooner.

They weren’t nerfed, not really. Just switch to Norse and you’ll notice no difference.

• @SOC:

I wouldn’t be happy with less stamina on dodge even with those changes. They don’t need any compensation at all. And I wouldn’t be happy until they also got a foot speed nerf and/or forward chase returns and it activated sooner.

They weren’t nerfed, not really. Just switch to Norse and you’ll notice no difference.

They’re really squishy it’s just their footwork that’s too fast. Anyone who knows how to dance and can parry half-competently can just strafe around as an MaA and never take a hit without even using dodge. Slow the class down a bit. The movement speed and acceleration are pretty ridiculous especially combined with dodge.

• The forum cryhards at it again. Might as well cry hard now, cause TB is actually implementing some of this garbage. Watch them freak if you dare to touch the knight class tho!

• @Xylvion:

The thing is you can still:
    Dodge out of Flinch
    Dodge out of Active Parry (And queue an attack, also a get out of jail for free card)
    Dodge out of Recovery (And queue an attack)

Remove this crap, change the dodge cooldwon from 0.3 -> 0.5, revert dodge stamina drain down to 15 and bam everyone’s happy.

These are good changes. Dodge needs to be made into a defensive tool and not a ignore recovery to keep stab spamming tool.

• @SOC:

I wouldn’t be happy with less stamina on dodge even with those changes. They don’t need any compensation at all. And I wouldn’t be happy until they also got a foot speed nerf and/or forward chase returns and it activated sooner.

You want to overnerf the class and make it useless. What you want is basically a knight with barely any armour and only 1h weapons.

• @Xylvion:

You want to overnerf the class and make it useless. What you want is basically a knight with barely any armour and only 1h weapons.

No. I want it to be balanced in pubs and then give it some sort of fundamental changes to have purpose in team battles. I want to be able to play knight and vanguard and not feel like I’m at a constant disadvantage against MaAs, and/or feel forced to play messer/Norse/ect. just because of the threat MaAs offer that knights and vanguards don’t.

• 1h weapons are on par with 2h weapons for the most part

they’d be perfectly balanced with no bubble imho, cant slash or OH with the shorter 1h cuz forcefields

• You don’t have to go Norse and go strictly counter-MAA. Actually, LG’s MAA goes F Mace and focuses primarily on the knight/vans while merely poking the enemy maa seldom unless he’s forced to 1v1. Massi, Colonial, meh, and I prefer Broadsword for the range. I think even Keyes might use it too.

MAA is kind of bummed in bigger pubs/team games, similar to how Scout is amazing in TF2 6’s but too susceptible to spam to dominate in 9’s and pubs (Vanguards’ range would be the chiv equivalence of demo/soldier spam). By all means, nerf the things that dumb them down like dodge-in-parry feint immunity, but they should get some sort of TO buff to compensate (more parry stamina, dodge can remain same).

• @zombojoe:

1h weapons are on par with 2h weapons for the most part

they’d be perfectly balanced with no bubble imho, cant slash or OH with the shorter 1h cuz forcefields

In duels sure, but when dealing with multiple opponents you need reach, which is why morningstar is the boss of 1vN of the one handers.

• @SOC:

No. I want it to be balanced in pubs and then give it some sort of fundamental changes to have purpose in team battles.

MAA is incredibly underpowered in pub because there is no way you can kill scrubs as fast as zweihander spamming Vanguards and in comp you are only usefull for your firepot.

• @TheFunnySide:

MAA is incredibly underpowered in pub because there is no way you can kill scrubs as fast as zweihander spamming Vanguards and in comp you are only usefull for your firepot.

You can kill scrubs faster as MaA falchion than zweihander for sure. You can even kill non scrubs faster than any knight or vanguard with the falchion. The falchion. Not even mentioning Norse or broad or morning star or anything else. Just MaA falchion is better than knights or vanguards at pubbing.

It’s easier to pub as MaA with the falchion (or any of their other weapons) than knight messer or vanguard greatsword. You don’t even have to dodge. Back pedal solves all your mistakes and your footwork is so easy to do.

• I don’t really understand how you can talk about balance in pubs because you can beat noobs with anything.

• ou can kill scrubs faster as MaA falchion than zweihander for sure. You can even kill non scrubs faster than any knight or vanguard with the falchion. The falchion. Not even mentioning Norse or broad or morning star or anything else. Just MaA falchion is better than knights or vanguards at pubbing.

It’s easier to pub as MaA with the falchion (or any of their other weapons) than knight messer or vanguard greatsword. You don’t even have to dodge. Back pedal solves all your mistakes and your footwork is so easy to do.

The Falchion what? WHAT? you stop doing drugs asap

• @TheFunnySide:

Hey don’t you touch my drugs.

• @Rekrab:

I don’t really understand how you can talk about balance in pubs because you can beat noobs with anything.

Yep. But then a non-noob MaA comes in and there’s nothing I can do as if I try to 1vs1 him, there’s a high chance I will lose especially if I’m not using messer or norse. He will stall infinitely until team comes, or he’ll hit me in the back if I ignore him and focus on other enemies, or he’ll keep me perma-flinched as hit trades don’t work at 70+ ping. I can’t kill him quickly or efficiently like knights or vanguards within a few seconds from proper footwork, drags or feints, it takes a good 7~+ seconds to do the stamina warfare even if he’s bad and making mistakes. By then I’ve used up so much time and/or health/stamina that anyone else who’s near will be a much bigger problem. MaAs dominate good players in pubs far more than knights or vanguards and should be nerfed for it, but given a purpose in clan battles. I want to be able to kill an MaA as a knight or vanguard as quickly and efficiently as I can kill an equivalently skilled knight or vanguard in solo pubs, especially without having to use messer/Norse, with 70+ ping. I do not want them to be useless in clan battles. I want them to have a purpose with fundamental mechanic changes, because right now they ruin pubs but feel out of place in clan battles.

@TheFunnySide:

If you can’t **** the rank 40/50 pub stars with MaA falchion in pubs and go 30-5 with it easy (Usually way better, but MaA KDs average less kills than knight or vanguard) you’re really bad. It’s even easier with a real weapon of course, but just saying, even the terrible falchion as MaA completely wrecks any knight or vanguard in pubs regardless of their skill level if you’re not bad at MaA.

• You are making stuff up, your average MAA cant 30-5 in an FAA vs rank 50 while using the flachion. I have seen seen rank 7 archers do this but not MAA. Once you pick MAA there are Vanguard spawning in charge realse directly behind you.
    And the moment you turn arround the game spawns another one in your dodge path so that you defenitly got to block dat chargeattack. And then you get stunned from that charge everyone and their moms throw javelins at you.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.