Clusterfuck Gamemode

• Could be a fun mod idea. Basically gives you a randomized weapon with randomized stats each life, so you can use a hunting knife with maul stats and a halberd that handles like a Norse sword. Weapon reaches and tracers are unaffected, but damage, windup, and release times are randomly swapped between weapons so you never know what you’ll get. What if one guy gets a really fast maul that also happens to receive a good damage stat, or a really slow spear that hardly does any damage? Could mix this mode with Black Knight and Big Heads for additional clusterfuckyness. Think Gun Game but the guns never have the same stats.

It could create some hilarious and memorable standoffs, namely the incredibly slow swinging, one-shotting dagger knight, or the super zwiehander van that you have to team up on because he swings to fast to interrupt or get in range 1v1. You’d have to adapt to your kit each life, random class and weapon.

**For morons with no attention span: Tl;Dr

• A fast-paced random bullshit mod idea that could be pretty fun but probably won’t happen**.

• Thrusting Spear with maul overhead damage on all 3 attacks and the speed of a dagger. . . Sounds like fun.

• @Xylvion:

Thrusting Spear with maul overhead damage on all 3 attacks and the speed of a dagger. . . Sounds like fun.

Well how often will that combo come up? Not very, but if you happen to get it you could go on a hell of a killing spree.

Killing = Fun

• while Dying = unfun.

• For pubs this sounds fun lol. Wouldn’t want any non op weapons really though lol.

• If I had a gaming company, I would hire you as the ideas guy

• @Xylvion:

while Dying = unfun.

Well I’m sorry you’re going to die someday in an online game. Fun in competitive games always comes at the expense of someone else. If one guy got a really OP weapon and is dominating, you can always either gang up or git gud. Either option is very effective. Thanks for the constructive feedback though.

Another option as Swaggy mentioned is making all randomized weapons OP. There could even be a bonus where at the end when the losing team gets stripped the fists, all the winners get mauls and slings. It’s been two years, it’s about time someone really played with the weapons and makes a classic mod that just changes some basic gameplay features.

But imagine the epicness of a gamemode where each round it picks The Knight, who has a Messer, Norse sword and Dagger. On the other side of the map, 8-20 archers with just daggers.

1 rule - survive.

It’s the ultimate 1vN casual pub game, like killing hordes of dumb pink customized bots shouting FEINTER and EXPLOITRR as you 360swing2winpls

tbh

• Global Moderator

Isn’t clusterfuck game mode on a sneaky monkey server when one of the admins gets drunk and changes the map to FFA arena?

• @lemonater47:

Isn’t clusterfuck game mode on a sneaky monkey server?

Fixed that for you.

• @Skindiacus:

My map is perfect for this XD
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=302817712

Hah there you go, we have a launch map to go with. I suggest a second and possibly third floor, as slightly reduced clusterfuckyness could be more cogent to strategic noob slaughter. I’m nearing the golden helmet, o
    you see.

The legendary worthless golden helmet of archer targetry, verbal abuse and simultaneous awesomeness.

• Anyhow, I like the idea of the wapons with different stats and all, I do however not like the idea of it being a clusterfuck.

• if anyone remade the pvk2 main gamemode (island, 3 teams, capturing treasure chests and holding them) id actually play chiv again

• A battlefield-type conquest mode with a large open map full of siege machines, where holding multiple capture points decreases the enemy team’s tickets faster. Then the only thing keeping it from being perfect is mounted combat.

And yes, the level of clusterfucknesss would have to be moderated so you’d have a breather between fights if you can footwork past the fighting noobs.

• @Oy:

A battlefield-type conquest mode with a large open map full of siege machines, where holding multiple capture points decreases the enemy team’s tickets faster. Then the only thing keeping it from being perfect is mounted combat.

Would this even work, though? In battlefield you run around capturing flags, which is made bearable by there being LOTS of vehicles and everyone uses a ranged weapon, so the distance isn’t that bad. But I can’t imagine that being fun endlessly running from one point to another on foot using a melee weapon. Someone sneaks behind lines and caps a far away point, now someone has to spawn there to stop him, and even if he does stop him, he now has to either suicide and respawn at the front, or have a long ass trek back to the frontline. Sure horses could help, but people on horseback are almost as annoying as archers. And then there’s archers on horseback.

• A possible way of doing it would be to implement proper bots. Let’s say you have a team of 10 players and 15 bots, 25 vs 25. If someone captures A, you would be able to switch to a random bot near A and take it over, while the place you teleported from adds a bot in your place. This would work like respawning, only using live bots as spawn places. That way bots could simulate the “infantry” that the players can use. Mounted enemies are naturally tougher, but spears and archers would be a good way to combat them. Mounted Archery should be very hard and very rewarding to be any fun for anyone. Also the maps don’t have to be the scale of BF maps, those are usually designed with jets and jeeps in mind.

• Ok and people might say you need real objectives, so I guess we really need Red Orchestra Chivalry 2.

• @Oy:

A possible way of doing it would be to implement proper bots.

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding!

• @Skindiacus:

It’s 2014 tbh. Red Orchestra 2 is only still alive because you can fight and rank up against bots and players. Without bots, there would be very few populated servers in RO2 still. Just bots and just players is usually boring, you have to find a nice mix.

• @Skindiacus:

It’s 2014 tbh. Red Orchestra 2 is only still alive because you can fight and rank up against bots and players. Without bots, there would be very few populated servers in RO2 still. Just bots and just players is usually boring, you have to find a nice mix.