Chivalry Community Q&A [ask questions here]

• Its been a long time since we had one of these. Use this thread to ask TBS questions, I will compile a list of them and send them directly to TBS.

I’ll start with a couple of my own.

Any chance of sneak peeks of your new unannounced game? - Zombojoe

What can we expect as far as updates to Deadliest Warrior? - Zombojoe

How long until the new cosmetic items are added? - Zombojoe

Who has the most hours in Chivarly at TBS? - Zombojoe

Many people are unsatisfied with the current balance in CMW, what steps will TBS take to solve these issues? - Zombojoe

How has the learning experience of not only starting and running a company, but integrating micro-transactions and steam workshop been? How much higher is your confidence in a sequel? - Oy

Are you restarting the (official) servers at least once a week? They’re starting to feel desynced again. - Xylvion

Will you be introducing some sort of ranked multiplayer to chiv 2? - Sir Loin Of Beef

Will Torn Banner’s next project ship with an SDK instead of being patched in as it was in Chiv? - Gauntlet

Will there be a larger focus on community content in future projects with the success of the Arms & Armor competition and Map contest? - Gauntlet

Is there any chance of getting the barbarian voices or objective commands added for the new maps (Outpost, Coldfront, and Fortification winners)? - DaciaJC

Will PC still be the main platform for Torn Banner’s future projects or are multi-platform releases a possibility? - Pilgore

Are cosmetic purchases going to remain as items such as helmets, weapons and armors or are you looking to expand beyond that (emblems, audio/vo packs, etc). - Pilgore

Do you consider mods to be an important addition to Chivalry and want to see that continue to grow for Chivalry and future Torn Banner projects? - Pilgore

Are there any​ plans at all for better bots? - Skindiacus

Will barbarians ever have unique voices? - Kreittis

Are you excited about project Slasher? - Kreittis

would you make another movie of the studio and the chaps?
    People like that kind of thing, to see the friendly faces behind the scenes at work tbh. - Loin

Will first person deathcams ever come back or a least be optional? - Kleptis

When are you guys going to optimize battlegrounds and the new maps recently added? - Xanith

Voice acting for the new maps when? - Lemonater47

What boundaries/difficulties are there in implementing balance/mechanic changes with the code you guys have to work with? - LTTLWLF

I await your questions. :kiwi-fruit:

• 1. Can u gibe kickkstart hat tbs pls.
    -Oy

ok for srs now

2. How has the learning experience of not only starting and running a company, but integrating micro-transactions and steam workshop been? How much higher is your confidence in a sequel?

3. Are you considering another new mod, what Deadliest Warrior warmed you up for?

4. What is your favourite weapon, melee or not, and what weapons are you proud of in your collection? I have a German warhammer similar to chiv’s, me likes.

5. Have you ever killed anybody? Did you get away with it? What are your tips on body disposal? Do you watch the Walking Dead? That shit’s crazy.

6. Why not?

7. Did you cry when you watched Nathan Cirillo’s funeral?

Good idea with the Q and a few A’s thread, hope it goes somewhere.

• Are you restarting the servers at least once a week? They’re starting to feel desynced again.

• This post is deleted!

• Will chiv 2 run on a potato?

• Will Chiv 2 run like a potato?

• Will there BE a Chiv 2?

• Mod

Will you ever fix kicks?

• Global Moderator

About server restarts though I don’t know if TB does it but usually for many games servers get restarted once a day. Our servers get restarted once a day at 4am and all providers I know of do a similar thing.

• This post is deleted!

• @Tyoson:

Will you ever fix kicks?

would making a missed kick cost no stamina break the game?

• This started out as such a good thread… for shame guys.

If you are serious about this, I will definitely speak with the rest of the studio to see if we can get you some answers.

• Global Moderator

This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Mod

Post real stuff!

TB: Will you be introducing some sort of ranked multiplayer to chiv 2?

• This thread has potential for asking some very good questions.
    I’ll be cleaning this thread so that serious questions might get an answer.

Question: Will Torn Banner’s next project ship with an SDK instead of being patched in as it was in Chiv? Will there be a larger focus on community content in future projects with the success of the Arms & Armor competition and Map contest?

• Is there any chance of getting the barbarian voices or objective commands added for the new maps (Outpost, Coldfront, and Fortification winners)?

• Question number 1: Will PC still be the main platform for Torn Banner’s future projects or are multi-platform releases a possibility?

Question number 2: Are cosmetic purchases going to remain as items such as helmets, weapons and armors or are you looking to expand beyond that (emblems, audio/vo packs, etc).

Question number 3: Do you consider mods to be an important addition to Chivalry and want to see that continue to grow for Chivalry and future Torn Banner projects?

Thanks.

• Good thread updated the OP, lets see if we can get some more good questions to provoke a response from TBS!

• Will you share more of what’s going on with the community? Today there’s been two patches to the beta, one on 400MB and one on 212MB, I think we’re all wondering what’s new and different in them. It would also be nice to know what you yourselves think should be changed to the game, perhaps share that and let the community (The people who actually play and want to keep on playing the game) discuss the negatives and positives about what YOU Torn Banner Studios want to do with your game.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.