Halloween Horde Mode - Fun but needs tweaking

• I just played the new Halloween horde mode and it was a lot of fun for a little bit. I would have been fun for a lot longer but the troll rounds proved to be basically impossible. I’m not saying it could never be beat, but it’s just not feasible. There were six of us, five of solid ranks of 30-51, that got to that round three times and lost each time. We didn’t just lose though, there were about 60 trolls left to kill each time we lost. Up till the troll round the team had maybe one player die one time per play through. The trolls take waaaaay too many hits to kill. By the time you reach a troll round you have at best a flail as a knight and it still takes at least ten hits to kill one troll. So many trolls come at once that you are overwhelmed and cannot fight them off, even if you are working together to fight them.

I think this new mode would be super fun if we could get to the higher weapon levels and get farther, but the troll round just wrecks players because it is way too hard. The levels up to the troll rounds were fairly balanced and not too difficult. I could see the trolls at that difficulty being at a higher round when you have better weapons, but only if there were not so many of them. I think their health needs to be reduced by about half and their numbers reduced a lot as well.

Has anyone here beaten a troll round? If so, what round was it for you? When we played it was rounds 8 and 11.

• Developer

Trolls are 1 in 10 odds. A patch should be out tomorrow addressing the troll difficulty and some other minor issues.

• Nice job on the troll model btw.

• That’s awesome! Thanks for addressing it. Love you guys!

• The troll level is harder than World of Warcraft Heroic 25m last bosses lol. TBS literally trolling us! Glad to hear patch is coming out.

• @Tibberius:

Trolls are 1 in 10 odds. A patch should be out tomorrow addressing the troll difficulty and some other minor issues.

I’d like it that instead of fixing some minor issues, you would fix the fact that the mode is completely unplayable because it always bugs out at waves 14-15 due to enemies that don’t spawn.

• how.do.I.load.it.into.my.dedicated.server???

thank u :)

• Just have “Maplist=TO2-Crypts” appear under [AOC.AOCGame] in your PCServer-Game.ini

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.