Shield Viability Video for a Developer

• @Userper:

why bother responding to multiple people in a single when you can HECTAPOST

Whats hectapost

• @gref:

The lack of riposte and shield up/down time is already very punishing. The stamina drain is a brutal handicap.

There’s nothing you can do in a 1Vx with shield because of no riposte and shield block timings. YOU’RE JUST TOO SLOW! I can’t believe the complaining people have done over the swing animations for shields because in practice, actual fights, shields are incredibly slow.

I’ve won a few 1Vx with shield but only because my opponents were not being careful or were noobs and because I was using really good footwork.

Against two decent players, you have to block, retreat as best you can and hope that a teammate comes to save you. With no riposte, you have very few answers against two aggressive, smart opponents except to be stammed out without being able to even land a hit.

• @Najo:

The good guys will have no problem hitting you with any weapon regardless of how good footwork.

Good players don’t use bearded though ahah. I get where you’re coming from though, but I will admit I’m a lot happier going against a good player with a bearded than the same player using a messer or a dubble, purely because I know I can kite and matrix that shit with ease in comparison.

• @Najo:

would not solve much.

Would solve much especially against Maul, cause he can’t perform the overhead in time, needs to use low damage stab so you get a chance to recover and should have enough stam for another feint.
    Also you need to back off more and regen stam. In the clip you made him miss a couple times and he stopped sprinting to cftp, instead of backing off to regen stam you hit his parry and put yourself in range for a riposte. If you time it right you can pretty much turn around sprinting and dodge his attack 90% of the time when he’s running at you, in other words recover about a hit on your shield with every dodge you do.
    Also the Maul is a bullshit ez mode weapon and every nub that uses it should kill himself.

• Not so much a shield issue but rather the fact that the maul is just OP. It’s so easy to use- it’s a joke.

• Maul untouched by TB.

Suddenly OP.

• @lemonater47:

Maul untouched by TB.

Suddenly OP.

Maul slash windup from .7 to .65 and recovery from 1.2 to 1.1
    Maul overhead recovery from 1.2 to 1.1 and damage from 125 to 132

“Untouched”.

• @lemonater47:

Maul untouched by TB.

Suddenly OP.

Did you miss where they made it faster and strong enough to 1 shot knights? Did you miss where all stamina values changed so drastically in favor of the maul?

• @SOC:

Did you miss where they made it faster and strong enough to 1 shot knights? Did you miss where all stamina values changed so drastically in favor of the maul?

^ this

to be fair maul stam drain duels are fun

• @SOC:

That was a very long time ago though. No one said it was OP back then when the changes were made.

25th of June 2013 as a matter of fact. Almost a year and a half ago.

• @lemonater47:

That was a very long time ago though. No one said it was OP back then when the changes were made.

25th of June 2013 as a matter of fact. Almost a year and a half ago.

Because back then everyone was pissed that no attacks connected because of the bubble and that you couldn’t CftP and high ranks played worse than rank 20s all of a sudden so basically everything was broken, OP and unfun.

• panic parry was the bomb with shortsword

• @Darenger:

Would solve much especially against Maul, cause he can’t perform the overhead in time, needs to use low damage stab so you get a chance to recover and should have enough stam for another feint.
    Also you need to back off more and regen stam. In the clip you made him miss a couple times and he stopped sprinting to cftp, instead of backing off to regen stam you hit his parry and put yourself in range for a riposte. If you time it right you can pretty much turn around sprinting and dodge his attack 90% of the time when he’s running at you, in other words recover about a hit on your shield with every dodge you do.
    Also the Maul is a bullshit ez mode weapon and every nub that uses it should kill himself.

as long as its short enough that the mauler cant just reverse oh/slash instead of just a lookdown to speed it up. might have to tone that time down quite a bit to do it but itd be good i think.

• two things I noticed from your video and correct me if I am wrong but it looked like 3 different times you turned away either to run and gain distance or you tried to do a matrix. Either way both failed specially with the new chase code speeds. I think this may have more do do with your failing than the Maul being OP against a shield.

I really dont think one or two weapons being able to pounce a turtle is that big of a deal compared to the shield setups wrecking most everything else if played properly. I know Castamere is one of the best shield players and rarely has this problem.

• I’d have to agree with you. Its not really a problem.

• @Najo:

Whats hectapost

In english you can attatch prefixes like single, double, triple, quad, penta, hecta, septa, octa… etc…

To denote number.

hecta-post

posted six times

• lol maul destroys most weapons in duel due to stamina drain. It’s not only shields it happens with everything damn near. Hell i’ve been stammed out with many 2 handed knight weapons while watching the maul drag and miss 3-4 swings in a row. I cftp one time and get stunned for damn near 2 seconds… then reverse overhead one shot to the face because maul is most balanced weapon. It’'s balanced because it’s SOOOOOOO slow amirite gais?

• @50ShadesofClay:

lol maul destroys most weapons in duel due to stamina drain. It’s not only shields it happens with everything damn near. Hell i’ve been stammed out with many 2 handed knight weapons while watching the maul drag and miss 3-4 swings in a row. I cftp one time and get stunned for damn near 2 seconds… then reverse overhead one shot to the face because maul is most balanced weapon. It’'s balanced because it’s SOOOOOOO slow amirite gais?

What if we increase the stam drain when it misses?

b0lance2014

• if you’re having trouble with the maul, switch to MaA and try again.

• Mod

Only have issues with this when I flail, but it’s only against maul. So I just sneak out the secondary and hit faster. Fun fun for everyone.