Low player servers and kicking

• Hi everyone,

Tonight I spent a huge amount of time trying to find a low player count server to practise a few things in. I haven’t counted exactly how many times, but I think that about 80-90% of the servers I joined people instantly had me kicked. Most of the times it was because these people were either playing with friends or because they were all low leveled and didn’t want a higher leveled player (I am only level 27…) to make it all more challenging. One server I joined (which had ‘official’ in it’s name, ridiculous, I know right) I was even kicked by an admin.

Is there something we can do about ‘friends’ or ‘noobs’ abusing the vote system so that they can claim a server for themselves?

• Global Moderator

Fake official servers. Bastards. If you have the name of the fake official server and they are hosted by multiplay TB can talk to multiplay and have it resolved. I think.

TB introduced listen servers. So people who want to play with friends can now do so using the create game menu. However they do need to forward the right ports. Though u think you can still join via steam friends without port forwarding.

On my servers rather than an instant ban I educate them about this new feature. Unless they are particularly nasty people. Regardless they won’t do it again either way and that’s all that matters.

• Ah, I hate it when this happens. If you find yourself getting locked out of official servers by small groups of friends, feel free to add me on steam and message me. I’ll take care of it right away.

If I’m not available when you need help, you can join our Chivalry admin group on steam. Just jump in the chatroom. Usually a mod or two will be sitting in there waiting to help people. You can find a link in my signature.

If you happen to have the IP of the “official” server and the name of the person that kicked you, please send it to me via PM. I’ll pass the info along so we can look into that.

• @Knifelegs:

Ah, I hate it when this happens. If you find yourself getting locked out of official servers by small groups of friends, feel free to add me on steam and message me. I’ll take care of it right away.

If I’m not available when you need help, you can join our Chivalry admin group on steam. Just jump in the chatroom. Usually a mod or two will be sitting in there waiting to help people. You can find a link in my signature.

If you happen to have the IP of the “official” server and the name of the person that kicked you, please post it. I’ll pass the info along so we can look into that.

How can new players check the official server rules or ways of contacting the mods? Forum and Steam only?
    Perhaps one of the Loading screens should show a brief text reminding users to take a screenshot of any forbidden behavior in the official svs and how to report it.
    Or maybe all Official svs could include a generic MOTD with something about this because we’ve noticed over and over ppl reporting things with no proof and not enough details, which makes your lives kinda harder.
    MOTD would be much easier to implement probably.

• Yes, as of right now the only way to contact mods/read rules are through steam and the forums. I agree with the MOTD. I’ll ask and see if we can get something set up, it’d be a nice addition to official servers.

• Like Knifelegs said, join the steam group. The mods in there have sorted out issues i’ve encountered multiple times and they’re all around great people.

• Thanks for your replies. I’m glad to hear there are people actively working on this.

I’m afraid I didn’t gather much evidence. I favorited the server I was kicked from by an admin, but I do not remember the name of that specific admin. I don’t have any proof whatsoever that I was kicked anyways. Should you still want the name and IP of that server, please tell me.

I have joined the admin group, next time I run into stuff like this again, I will report it there immediately, but not before gathering some evidence :-)

I guess you can only help me when this happens on official servers, right?

• Global Moderator

@Kainun:

Thanks for your replies. I’m glad to hear there are people actively working on this.

I’m afraid I didn’t gather much evidence. I favorited the server I was kicked from by an admin, but I do not remember the name of that specific admin. I don’t have any proof whatsoever that I was kicked anyways. Should you still want the name and IP of that server, please tell me.

I have joined the admin group, next time I run into stuff like this again, I will report it there immediately, but not before gathering some evidence :-)

I guess you can only help me when this happens on official servers, right?

They can’t do shit on non official servers. Other than call the trouble makers nasty names.