360 Parry aka The Forcefield

• Any chance of finally fixing this? Given the new superman unflinchable attacks after a parry it makes the game kind of silly. This can apply to shield users too, you shouldn’t be able to crouch and block attacks from all angles.

• I’ve lost so many ez kills because of random chance buttparries I’ve lost count.

• the game shouldn’t be too dependent on aim and doing weird shit to get past peoples guard. It’s hard enough already to block these weird drag stabs that change direction that people are doing these days.

• @wyrda78:

the game shouldn’t be too dependent on aim and doing weird shit to get past peoples guard. It’s hard enough already to block these weird drag stabs that change direction that people are doing these days.

We’re mostly talking about you stabbing people in the ass when they are running away but you hear a clang noise. That shouldn’t happen when they are running away. Parrying is too easy anyway with the short cooldown that (almost) forces you to combofeint with faster weapons unless you want to stop every fight into a standstill to find out the rhythm your enemy is panic parrying with.

It’s very annoying when they panic and try to run away and still somehow manage to pull off an ass-parry.

• Global Moderator

Crouch lookup parries are absolutely hilarious.

• @lemonater47:

Crouch lookup parries are absolutely hilarious.

But they still require some skill and thought to pull of succesfully unlike blind ass-parries XD

• isn’t it even more fun when you’re trying to hit some shielduser in the back and somehow your weapon phases through him and hits the shield that’s in front of him instead. It’s becomequite common lately though, I get more surprised when it happens with parries. Not the look up ones, but the ones that actually shouldn’t even work against your attack.

I miss the old parry where you had to parry the tip and be accurate with the parries, now you can basically just aim somewhere close to some part of the enemies weapon.

• Global Moderator

@Fang:

But they still require some skill and thought to pull of succesfully unlike blind ass-parries XD

More reaction than skill really. It sets you up for a nice reverse OH though your opponent should be expecting it.

• @lemonater47:

More reaction than skill really. It sets you up for a nice reverse OH though your opponent should be expecting it.

lemon mlg pro strats

• Global Moderator

@50ShadesofClay:

lemon mlg pro strats

Well do you consider lean back parries hard?

• @lemonater47:

Well do you consider lean back parries hard?

no, but i consider you a puddle of retard drool.

• Global Moderator

@50ShadesofClay:

no, but i consider you a puddle of retard drool.

You are supposed to keep that over PMs otherwise you’ll join sophax.

• @lemonater47:

You are supposed to keep that over PMs otherwise you’ll join sophax.

lemonater please stop trolling everyone, when Keith was a mod he was on to you and told you to stop trolling or you would be banned permanently, unfortunately he left and the new mods are not familiar with what your intention is on the forum.

• Let’s keep this on topic.

• @Xylvion:

isn’t it even more fun when you’re trying to hit some shielduser in the back and somehow your weapon phases through him and hits the shield that’s in front of him instead. It’s becomequite common lately though, I get more surprised when it happens with parries. Not the look up ones, but the ones that actually shouldn’t even work against your attack.

I miss the old parry where you had to parry the tip and be accurate with the parries, now you can basically just aim somewhere close to some part of the enemies weapon.

+1

My shield is more reliable at butt-blocking than actually blocking things directly in front.

Backwards-turtle meta incoming

• @Xylvion:

isn’t it even more fun when you’re trying to hit some shielduser in the back and somehow your weapon phases through him and hits the shield that’s in front of him instead. It’s becomequite common lately though

Yeah, this annoying bug already existed when I started playing a year ago but it’s been happening with the same frequency now as it used to. Maybe in the past you didn’t pay close attention?

• @Alphonse:

Yeah, this annoying bug already existed when I started playing a year ago but it’s been happening with the same frequency now as it used to. Maybe in the past you didn’t pay close attention?

By lately I mean after june 2013, before that you actually required some skill to parry. (Mightä’ve been the patch before that which ruined the parrying)

• @Xylvion:

By lately I mean after june 2013, before that you actually required some skill to parry. (Mightä’ve been the patch before that which ruined the parrying)

so 16 full months means “lately”, huh? :p

If parrying was easier after June 2013 (can’t say as I began playing in Aug that year) then the patch that introduced those blue tracers (aka the handlehit fix) made it even easier.

Missed that weapon tip? Attacks have few frames per animation? No problem! You can now parry almost every attack by simply aiming the crosshair at your opponent’s hands for a few ms.

• Parries should be direction-based like swings anyway, the whole system is flawed from the start by making it a “timed click” that lets you riposte instantly. It’s not very skill-based when any attack from any direction with any weapon from any class is whisked away with a click. Now if you could aim the parry, deflecting the blow to the side so you can attack from the opening before he can return his weapon to a defensive position, that would be much closer to realistic swordplay. But capturing realistic swordplay in a game is impossible and anti-fun, so it’s important to keep it simple.

And don’t even get me started on archery, anyone whose used a bow for 5 minutes in real life can tell you how far from realistic the arrow physics are

• it wasn’t a timed click from the start, you actually had to parry the tip of the enemies weapon, that was golden and casual nublets whined so much.