You randomly can't combo after you've done a riposte

• title
    can’t really record because semi-potato pc, but I’ll try to get some footage if I can stand <40fps

EDIT: yep huge frame drops after the filesize is over like 5gb

• I know what you are talking about

• There generally seems to be some glitchy input like when your character does an attack although you didn’t press any mouse button.

• Global Moderator

• @INerevar:

There generally seems to be some glitchy input like when your character does an attack although you didn’t press any mouse button.

yes this also

@lemonater47:

http://www.bandicam.com

Rumpel told me to use OBS, it works fine. I’ll try and record the next time I play chiv

• Global Moderator

Bandicam has no lag and tiny file sizes. To get a 5GB file that’s about 1 hour of recording at 1080 default settings. Fraps is like 1GB a minute. Though for simple recording OBS and bandicam are the same.

• Mod

You can’t combo if you get hit in release, maybe your riposte is trading and that’s what’s happening? I haven’t had any problems with combos other than that.

• @Kim:

You can’t combo if you get hit in release, maybe your riposte is trading and that’s what’s happening? I haven’t had any problems with combos other than that.

^ This rite here

• Also when you get flinched, you can’t attack afterwards sometimes. I mean I literally mash my attack buttons and nothing happens although flinch is already over.

• @INerevar:

Also when you get flinched, you can’t attack afterwards sometimes. I mean I literally mash my attack buttons and nothing happens although flinch is already over.

I’m starting tot honk that this is part of the clientsided bullshit that makes yougo into recovery right after a flinch because you were actually in release on your own screen but not for you opponent. Ofc that’s just speculations.

• @INerevar:

Also when you get flinched, you can’t attack afterwards sometimes. I mean I literally mash my attack buttons and nothing happens although flinch is already over.

This happened to me when I was going through some videos and thankfully I had enabled showdebug.

Apparently, most of the times I was flinched and couldn’t parry or attack in time due to a flinch like effect it was caused by some weird Deflect / WORLD DEFLECT state. I.e., I hit the floor slightly or someone blocked my overhead with a swing.

It’s also well known that if you drag-accelerate an attack and it gets parried, you’ll be left in a flinch-like state for a longer period of time, probably for the duration of the full release of your weapon, simply because of the drag. That’s why these days I only drag when I know I’ll be able to aim my parry afterwards in time.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.