Sprint attack fix

• Coming when?

• YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAUUGHHHHHHHHH!!!

• I belive we better wait for slasher lol, must be really hard to fix the charge attack

Also, why not make charge with sword to a overhead? Slash is kinda stupid, no one would do a slash after jumping, seems to be physicaly hard to do and not as efficient as a charged overhead in your skull

• Global Moderator

Fix?

You LMB and you go flying. Thats intended how is it broken?

• It can be broken and intended, Lemon. Think about it.

I mean, broken might even mean dumb, or silly.

• Charge attacks are quite glitchy, especially in pubs, where many a vanguard will have 120+ ping and attempt to charge at everyone they see. The lag causes their actual attack tracers to come much sooner than their visual model. This results in very inconsistent ghost swings that deal much more damage than that of regular swings; the frustration of getting hit by something you cannot see is infuriating. It’s especially annoying when playing MAA, because most of the time, the charge attack will either one shot you or take away 90% of your health, and it was close to impossible to defend against in the first place.

Also, the argument that lag should be disregarded based on the fact that the game was not designed for such latency is false, because if the game should face problems of this severity it would be imperative that the developers at least attempt to minimize the impact of such occurrences.

My solution? I propose that the charge attack be either removed or modified to use overhead/stab swings rather than slashes. Although some glitchiness would still likely occur in high latency environments, the overall increase in precision required by the user would much lesser reduce the chances of the victim getting struck by such a blow as a result of luck and lag, due to the size reduction of the tracers.

• @JimmyTryhard:

Charge attacks are quite glitchy, especially in pubs, where many a vanguard will have 120+ ping and attempt to charge at everyone they see. The lag causes their actual attack tracers to come much sooner than their visual model. This results in very inconsistent ghost swings that deal much more damage than that of regular swings; the frustration of getting hit by something you cannot see is infuriating. It’s especially annoying when playing MAA, because most of the time, the charge attack will either one shot you or take away 90% of your health, and it was close to impossible to defend against in the first place.

Also, the argument that lag should be disregarded based on the fact that the game was not designed for such latency is false, because if the game should face problems of this severity it would be imperative that the developers at least attempt to minimize the impact of such occurrences.

My solution? I propose that the charge attack be either removed or modified to use overhead/stab swings rather than slashes. Although some glitchiness would still likely occur in high latency environments, the overall increase in precision required by the user would much lesser reduce the chances of the victim getting struck by such a blow as a result of luck and lag, due to the size reduction of the tracers.

Solution: Don’t play MaA.

• Global Moderator

@Userper:

It can be broken and intended, Lemon. Think about it.

I mean, broken might even mean dumb, or silly.

When did broken mean dumb or silly? Dumb or silly means dumb or silly. Broken means it doesn’t work.

• @JimmyTryhard:

It’s especially annoying when playing MAA

At least when it works properly you can just dodge their nooby charge and lay into them.

• Global Moderator

Yeah its a pretty dumb idea to use a VG charge against a man at arms. You’ll still cost him stamina making him dodge but he’ll have the initiative instead of you.

• @lemonater47:

Fix?

You LMB and you go flying. Thats intended how is it broken?

Don’t tell me you’re attempting to defend its current state.

Its inconsistent as hell, meaning it doesn’t function as intended. Pretty sure that classifies it as being broken and in need of repair or replacement.

• Global Moderator

@LTTLWLF:

Don’t tell me you’re attempting to defend its current state.

Its inconsistent as hell, meaning it doesn’t function as intended. Pretty sure that classifies it as being broken and in need of repair or replacement.

It was inconsistent. Then they fixed that. Now the distance covered is the same.

Don’t it tell me you have trouble parrying vanguard charges.

Waste of time trying to change anything about it.

• Mod

Tell him he’s dreaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL2DH-nKBeA

You can swing a couple of times and still charge attack after. “features” broken as fuck.

• not only that, but you can charge in one direction, do a complete 180 and hit another person, the length of the charges are inconsistent still, swordcharges were a lot better and more balanced before they got buffed.

• Global Moderator

@Xylvion:

not only that, but you can charge in one direction, do a complete 180 and hit another person, the length of the charges are inconsistent still, swordcharges were a lot better and more balanced before they got buffed.

You can drag charges like any other attack. And the distance covered by the charge is the same. Unless they go downhill but you already know they will go further.

At least they can’t feint charges.

• @lemonater47:

It was inconsistent. Then they fixed that. Now the distance covered is the same.

Don’t it tell me you have trouble parrying vanguard charges.

Waste of time trying to change anything about it.

Wth are you high on?

Vanguard charges are still inconsistent as they can get, albeit less common now.
    Even if it worked fine it’d still be in need of a fix because getting hit by a 180 degrees rotating sword is simply no fun.

• Global Moderator

@Rickvs:

Wth are you high on?

Vanguard charges are still inconsistent as they can get, albeit less common now.
    Even if it worked fine it’d still be in need of a fix because getting hit by a 180 degrees rotating sword is simply no fun.

“Inconsistent as they can get but less common now”

A bit of an oxymoron lol.

And you say getting hit by 180 degree sword swings is no fun. You can do the exact same with any LMB though with an LMB its less predictable as you can do far more with an LMB than a charge attack.

• @lemonater47:

“Inconsistent as they can get but less common now”

A bit of an oxymoron lol.

And you say getting hit by 180 degree sword swings is no fun. You can do the exact same with any LMB though with an LMB its less predictable as you can do far more with an LMB than a charge attack.

The charge attack speed and the way the tracers are drawn are different almost every time, it’s pretty easy to parry a charge attack usually, but often times it’s just broken, especially with slight lag. Also, comparing it to lmb dragging is incredibly dishonest of you, as the attack is far more damaging, far more inconsistent and far longer-reaching than an lmb ever could be. It’s pretty obvious that the charge atta k is a failure as a special attack. Do you feel the need to disagree with the majority opinion on everything just for the sake of arguing? No wonder you have 9000 posts lol.

• This post is deleted!

• @lemonater47:

When did broken mean dumb or silly? Dumb or silly means dumb or silly. Broken means it doesn’t work.

For someone who is presumably first language English, your grasp of it is quite poor.

We have a literary device known as hyperbole. It is used when someone wishes to place emphasis on a particular aspect of a sentence. If someone says that someone is a brainless retard, they don’t usually mean it literally. They probably are insulting that person, or saying their opinion is silly.

In the same way, someone might call something broken if it doesn’t conform to what they think it should do. It might also be called completely broken if parts of it don’t work, even if overall it still functions properly.