What happened? The truth about TBS.

• The short answer: The Development team was constantly changing.
    The long answer: Those maps you see were created by developers who are no longer around today (not the new ones, because of the contests etc). The development team 2 months ago only had about three or four developers who were in the team when the project began; I was one of those team members in 2010/2011 that worked on game balancing and QA but chose to depart early 2012. The team was quite volatile in the early days, because when “Team Chivalry” (the Age of Chivalry developers) became “Torn Banner”, roughly only four to five of the developers remained, and only one person from “Team Chivalry” still remains in Torn Banner today. It was so volatile in fact, within just two weeks after I joined the team, we lost our Lead Programmer and I must have seen at least fifteen other developers ranging from Map Designers to Programmers to Animators depart from the team during my time for various reasons. It was still effectively a “mod team” back then though with people working on the game from all over the world and all working for free. The game went from having no budget or funding, to the development team having a physical studio some time after release, so it was a rocky journey but quite the feat in the end I’d say. - Anonymous

You are doing a great job in keeping the game alive TB, but you have no clue how to fix it or make the game how it should be… Veterans from 2012 and 2013 including myself feel bad now, why did you change the game in favour of the new players? and whats up with all the desynch(ghosting), FPS drops, and so many bugs ? all the weapon nerfs and buffs and glitches and kicks doesnt work either! I dont remember those problems with the first staff of TB. You guys should really start fixing the bugs instead of adding new content. the game is broken.

• Izil

• Sounds like a pretty normal transition for any new company.

• Its pretty clear if you go through the UC files, 99% of the gameplay code was written by someone who no longer works at TBS.

• @zombojoe:

Its pretty clear if you go through the UC files, 99% of the gameplay code was written by someone who no longer works at TBS.

commenting about how lazy he is, hacky the code is and making dick jokes. lol

• A bit unprofessional a developer saying that whoever it was. And we as a community are pretty volatile ourselves. The bullying TB has to put up with from us. I’m surprised they didn’t all go mad. Though maybe they did.

They have not patched the game in favour of the new players lol. One visit to the steam forums proves that.

• @lemonater47:

A bit unprofessional a developer saying that whoever it was. And we as a community are pretty volition ourselves. The bullying TB has to put up with from us. I’m surprised they didn’t all go mad. Though maybe they did.

They have not patched the game in favour of the new players lol. One visit to the steam forums proves that.

So why can’t I beat 10 rank<30 in melee by myself as an archer anymore if they didn’t favour the newer players?

• This pretty much just confirms what we already expected here on the forums. Our answer is the same. Chiv 2 when?

• Better this thread then soap operas I think

• I bet the original devs would have wanted better bots.

• @Izil:

The short answer: The Development team was constantly changing.
    The long answer: Those maps you see were created by developers who are no longer around today (not the new ones, because of the contests etc). The development team 2 months ago only had about three or four developers who were in the team when the project began; I was one of those team members in 2010/2011 that worked on game balancing and QA but chose to depart early 2012. The team was quite volatile in the early days, because when “Team Chivalry” (the Age of Chivalry developers) became “Torn Banner”, roughly only four to five of the developers remained, and only one person from “Team Chivalry” still remains in Torn Banner today. It was so volatile in fact, within just two weeks after I joined the team, we lost our Lead Programmer and I must have seen at least fifteen other developers ranging from Map Designers to Programmers to Animators depart from the team during my time for various reasons. It was still effectively a “mod team” back then though with people working on the game from all over the world and all working for free. The game went from having no budget or funding, to the development team having a physical studio some time after release, so it was a rocky journey but quite the feat in the end I’d say. - Anonymous

You are doing a great job in keeping the game alive TB, but you have no clue how to fix it or make the game how it should be… Veterans from 2012 and 2013 including myself feel bad now, why did you change the game in favour of the new players? and whats up with all the desynch(ghosting), FPS drops, and so many bugs ? all the weapon nerfs and buffs and glitches and kicks doesnt work either! I dont remember those problems with the first staff of TB. You guys should really start fixing the bugs instead of adding new content. the game is broken.

• Izil

a) Unlikely a former developer

b) fix bugs instead of content - which bugs - obscure bugs which take 80 hours to fix?

Yeah if you were a developer good riddance because much of the original code was shit but I know the developer types well and I am confident to say you are completely full of shit and not a developer. You might full idiots that post too much on this forum but not I.

FPS drops - shut up who gives a shit except dorky competitive players, oh that might be you - another douchebag

• @gregcau:

b) fix bugs instead of content - which bugs - obscure bugs which take 80 hours to fix?

Yeah if you were a developer good riddance because much of the original code was shit but I know the developer types well and I am confident to say you are completely full of shit and not a developer. You might full idiots that post too much on this forum but not I.

FPS drops - shut up who gives a shit except dorky competitive players, oh that might be you - another douchebag

He was quoting a developer genius.

• LOL why is greg so salty

• @lemonater47:

He was quoting a developer genius.

Greg was talking about the quote genius.

• This post is deleted!

• You can’t Handle the Truth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FnO3igOkOk

you tell them TB

• @gregcau:

Who shat on your sandcastle.