Developer Q&A results.

• Nice post! :D Glad to see some things answered and more communication in general!

• Thanks for the post.

SOC, I speak for the majority of us: please just stop.

• No first person deaths because of lack of team resources? What did you guys do lol. Change it to 3rd person, delete the first person death code then fire the guy who made the first person deaths?

• @lemonater47:

No first person deaths because of lack of team resources? What did you guys do lol. Change it to 3rd person, delete the first person death code then fire the guy who made the first person deaths?

As far as I remember the first person death cams and spectator screwd up when customization was added - everything looked blue and had some weird textures.

• why did you ruin broadhead archer vs archer? are you going to revert the nerf anytime soon?

• @Bladek:

As far as I remember the first person death cams and spectator screwd up when customization was added - everything looked blue and had some weird textures.

Never saw that lol.

@jayo_chiv:

why did you ruin broadhead archer vs archer? are you going to revert the nerf anytime soon?

Well they said “most” of their balance changes were based off what the community wants. No one said to nerf it so warbow couldn’t one shot body hit other archers. TB either wasn’t thinking or misunderstood.

• Thanks for the post, good luck with your next project!

• Nice sword, Darksword armory is a little pricey, but they make some NICE blades. Personally I opt for the cheaper stuff like Cold Steel, I got a two-handed Katana Machete-type thing from them. I want that sword though. I work in Toronto, mind if I drop by and ogle it?

Also, thanks for the post, don’t let SoC get you down with his off-topic pissing.

• Thanks for responding to the Q&A

Hopefully we can have more in the future.

• This post is deleted!

• Cheers for answering my question honestly, really appreciated.

• @Andrew:

Q:You hinted that if a map became good enough, the creator would get $1000 and the map would be added. I’m just curious as to what this means exactly?
    A:We will have a specific post addressing this soon.

Cautious yaaaaay

@Andrew:

Q:Are there any​ plans at all for better bots?
    A: Bots are not intended for Team Objective maps, but for offline combat practice. We have no plans to update them.

:sorrow:
    ^ that really didn’t do my reaction justice, but you get the idea.

• Many thanks for the answers!

• Thank you for the responses. Hang in there TB.

• Great to hear some answers straight from the horse’s mouth! Thanks devs. I for one can’t wait to hear about your new project!!!

• thanks for recognizing the existance of the community a little bit more TBS :applause:

• Thanks for answering our questions, I think everyone really appreciates this kind of stuff. Thanks!

• @Andrew:

Q:When are you guys going to optimize battlegrounds and the new maps recently added? My fps is dropping to 45 on a GTX 970 and i5 4670k @ 4.4ghz in 24 man servers regardless of graphical settings, it’s ridiculous.
    A: This is not an issue we can reproduce in house. Please make a specific thread on the Technical Support forums. We need more information, as this is sounds like a system specific issue.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ︵ ┻━┻
    I’ve been complaining about this bug for a long time and I made a detailed thread about it that you guys have neglected.
    It’s NOT a system specific issue, I’ve tested on my two desktops and a couple friends’.
    There is a software bottleneck stopping the GPU from being fed data fast enough. My guess would be an issue with draw calls.

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18668-Battlegrounds-Low-Frame-Rate-Without-Reason

• Its all flowers, love and comunications but, will chiv 2 run on a potato?

• @Vanguard:

Its all flowers, love and comunications but, will chiv 2 run on a potato?

Wait a sec, will Chiv 2 have better bots?
    Notice they said “update them”. They didn’t say anything about making completely new bots. Actually, don’t answer that question. I want my false hope to live on.