Developer Q&A results.

• Thanks for answering our questions, I think everyone really appreciates this kind of stuff. Thanks!

• @Andrew:

Q:When are you guys going to optimize battlegrounds and the new maps recently added? My fps is dropping to 45 on a GTX 970 and i5 4670k @ 4.4ghz in 24 man servers regardless of graphical settings, it’s ridiculous.
    A: This is not an issue we can reproduce in house. Please make a specific thread on the Technical Support forums. We need more information, as this is sounds like a system specific issue.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ︵ ┻━┻
    I’ve been complaining about this bug for a long time and I made a detailed thread about it that you guys have neglected.
    It’s NOT a system specific issue, I’ve tested on my two desktops and a couple friends’.
    There is a software bottleneck stopping the GPU from being fed data fast enough. My guess would be an issue with draw calls.

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18668-Battlegrounds-Low-Frame-Rate-Without-Reason

• Its all flowers, love and comunications but, will chiv 2 run on a potato?

• @Vanguard:

Its all flowers, love and comunications but, will chiv 2 run on a potato?

Wait a sec, will Chiv 2 have better bots?
    Notice they said “update them”. They didn’t say anything about making completely new bots. Actually, don’t answer that question. I want my false hope to live on.

• @Andrew:

A:We will have a specific post addressing this soon.

Also, I think game devs in general should try not too use the word “soon”. It’s literally almost the most annoying word a dev could say.

• Q:When are you guys going to optimize battlegrounds and the new maps recently added? My fps is dropping to 45 on a GTX 970 and i5 4670k @ 4.4ghz in 24 man servers regardless of graphical settings, it’s ridiculous.
    A: This is not an issue we can reproduce in house. Please make a specific thread on the Technical Support forums. We need more information, as this is sounds like a system specific issue.

Is there an official min, recommended or ultra requirement posted anywhere?

So we can say ok yeah I should be getting 60 fps on every map somethings wrong or damn I need to upgrade my rig.

Personally I’d like to see the requirements for max graphics\1920x1080\60 fps.

A lot of people have to force 32 bit just to get the game to load. Any plans on further supporting 64 bit?

• i get 30 fps on battlegrounds sometimes, pls just add culling distances to some of the meshes, especially the distant ones

• pls add chiv 2 to steam

with twice as gud graphix

unreal engine 4

new engine not made over the internet so it wont have any engine bugs that you cant fix

no bugs

more in depth combat, like alternate attacks off of ripostes

more maps

officially supported 120 player servers with no lag or netcode issues

and more, or something

coming soon to steam winter 2015
    <3

tbs pls

30 or 40$ game

make it worth every penny!

• @Andrew:

Q:Is there any chance of getting the barbarian voices or objective commands added for the new maps (Outpost, Coldfront, and Fortification winners)
    A:This is not likely to happen. The memory hit for adding new VO is extreme because of lack of audio streaming. Crypt had all the VO contained within the map, and was only being used during specific instances. -There were several very similar audio questions, all share this answer-

Citadel was released months after Chivalry was?

• CTF has objective voice commands

• VO on top of what was added in Content Update 1. CU1 is what took it to that point.

• Global Moderator

So are the voice actors dead or what? Objective commands would be great.

• @lemonater47:

Moved on to new and better things probably, wouldn’t be surprised considering the quality of their work compared to the rest of the game. :stupid:

• Global Moderator

@Hitom:

Moved on to new and better things probably, wouldn’t be surprised considering the quality of their work compared to the rest of the game. :stupid:

Half the voice actors were developers.

• @lemonater47:

This was answered already. It has nothing to do with availability or interest.

Q:Is there any chance of getting the barbarian voices or objective commands added for the new maps (Outpost, Coldfront, and Fortification winners)
    A:This is not likely to happen. The memory hit for adding new VO is extreme because of lack of audio streaming. Crypt had all the VO contained within the map, and was only being used during specific instances. -There were several very similar audio questions, all share this answer-

• Ah, that’s sad.

I’m addicted to voice commands. :s

• Damn, would have been great to have some generic objective commands. Oh well, guess I’ll just spam “Kill Those Archers” all the time next time I play.

• Global Moderator

@Andrew:

This was answered already. It has nothing to do with availability or interest.

Well I only saw barbarian voices.

And really I find the memory hit excuse for adding objective voices kinda BS. I mean I understand not adding barbarian voices as that’s doubling the amount of lines and actually adding 8 entirely new voices.

But 1 line for the 8 current voices drastically increasing memory usage? I don’t think so. They are map specific lines also. Or does the game just load all the lines even if they are unused. I’m not convinced.

• so you gonna add new rankhats with new contestitems? or maybe earlier?

• This post is deleted!