Bugged Swing Animations

• After using objects, putting out the pyre, using the ram, using ladders/oil/rocks on Belmez, your swings get messed up. Everyone knows this, why hasn’t it been fixed?

• Yep, good old ancient one. Trying to read the guy’s feints and drags after it is an ordeal haha.

• Dude I had this many times too. Must be very dificult to reproduce right, thats why its not fixed right

• @Vanguard:

Dude I had this many times too. Must be very dificult to reproduce right, thats why its not fixed right

I think it usually happens when you get hit off the ram/other objectives. There are also times where I couldn’t attack or parry at all after using the ballista, but switching weapons fixes that.

• it’s been going on forever, i got around to making a video of it in december of 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gCz1p8ExNw

skip to about 1:54

and yeah it happens after interacting with a lot of things as mentioned above, originally i thought it was only the ram and the hillside pyre.

• that shit is fun, always feels like the dragcap is gone when it happens as well so people are even easier to kill when it happens.

• @Xylvion:

that shit is fun, always feels like the dragcap is gone when it happens as well so people are even easier to kill when it happens.

1080 helicopter zwei is legit.

There’s so much weird shit happening to the animations now, I’ve had my ripostes change animation from stabs to overheads after being shot which is really bizarre, and the turncap breaking after the 3rd-4th attack in a combo really needs to be addressed as well.

• @LTTLWLF:

There’s so much weird shit happening to the animations now, I’ve had my ripostes change animation from stabs to overheads after being shot which is really bizarre, and the turncap breaking after the 3rd-4th attack in a combo really needs to be addressed as well.

Oh yeah same for me that change of attacktype is weird as heck and confuses me every time.

• @LTTLWLF:

i found out that whenever the turncap gets removed like you say… theres a really bad desync that occurs for your opponent. They basically don’t see that swing and it’s not because its just fast… it typically doesn’t animate at all.

• @LTTLWLF:

The best animation in game is when you CFTP and then riposte a overhead with the vanguard polearms. The riposte windup is the normal overhead, but when it gets to release it goes alternate. Looks very fucked up, when you riposte a slash is also funny.

Fists also has this but its better because if you cftp +riposte a stab, it will do a “alternate stab” with the left hand lol, I find it hard to land. TB, why you don’t fix this, I mean, its really fucked up. We need alternate riposte windup animations.

• slasher has alternate ripostes fyi ;)

• yeah, if you pull out your secondary , it stops .

• Shouldn’t happen in the first place

• @zombojoe:

slasher has alternate ripostes fyi ;)

Interesting. Going on this tangent, does Slasher have a bigger emphasis on aiming parries than reading/guessing feints? Otherwise, seems like alt riposte is just for funsies.

On topic, wow I’ve never seen it like in that Dec 2013 video. Then again, I don’t think I’ve ever “used” something and go on a 4-combo spree. Wow, really? I’ve never done that? Man.

• parrying in slasher is done with your actual weapon model, so 0 mph zwei drags dont happen usually

you have to aim your parries way more than chivalry

• Global Moderator

@zombojoe:

parrying in slasher is done with your actual weapon model, so 0 mph zwei drags dont happen usually

you have to aim your parries way more than chivalry

Well in chiv visually the weapon models actually collide. But that collision seems to be based off the parry box. Play in slow motion and you’ll see the weapons colliding every parry. Even backwards parries. They just sometimes go through the player model to collide with the weapon model lol.

• @Chimpanzer:

Shouldn’t happen in the first place

Exactly. Pls fix, TB!

• @lemonater47:

Well in chiv visually the weapon models actually collide. But that collision seems to be based off the parry box. Play in slow motion and you’ll see the weapons colliding every parry. Even backwards parries. They just sometimes go through the player model to collide with the weapon model lol.

parrying in chiv happens when the swing hits your player model when you are holding up a parry

the weapon you are using to parry with has nothing to do with it, thats why you can parry a maul with a dagger ez every time

• Global Moderator

Never tried it with daggers as they have the strange parry animation. But honestly play in slow motion and you’ll see the attacking weapon hit the parrying weapon very time. Even if it has to clip through the player model. But that’s because of the parry box going behind them slightly. The parry box seems to determine whether a parry is successful. Then for aesthetic reasons the weapon only parries when it hits the weapon model. Except for stabs. But even with stabs it only goes as far as the weapon model.

• Easy to reproduce, fix when?

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.