Fire arrows plz

• Hullo. From all my many hours of playing the arching class I notice no fire arrows! ;_; Is very hard to ruin great 1v1 melee fights without flinch so fire arrows needed asap. Thoughts?

• @git:

Is very hard to ruin great 1v1 melee fights without flinch so fire arrows needed asap.

True, true. And maybe only fire arrows should flinch (in release naturally).

• i like this idea

• Global Moderator

There were fire arrows on belmez.

But they got removed.

• I’d start playing archer If I could get a shortbow and go around igniting everyone I see.

• In Team Fortress 2, when the Pyro ignites a Sniper (via flare gun preferably), the Sniper’s aim bounces up every time the flame ticks for damage. I think this same concept should be applied to Chivalry Medieval Warfare so that players will be asked to use their skills to compensate for being on fire. It would higher the skill ceiling and give more depth and balance to the archer class.

Personally, I would play the fiery heavy crossbow. Shoot someone on the torso for 80 damage and then they’re on fire. They can’t help but wait until death as they slowly burn away after the intial near-one shot kill from the impact of the crossbow.

• Make fire arrows deal near no damage and give players the drunk effect which is already in-game?

• No that should be for the man-at-arms’ poison dart blowgun weapon.

• how about no.

• @Xylvion:

how about no.

Care to elaborate?

• @jrmftw:

Care to elaborate?

being on fire is annoying, firepots are annoying, torches are annoying, unblockables are annoying, archers are annoying, conclusion fire is annoying so how about no.

• @Xylvion:

being on fire is annoying, firepots are annoying, torches are annoying, unblockables are annoying, archers are annoying, conclusion fire is annoying so how about no.

which is why your fellow archurs will have water arrows to shoot you with to help u <3

• being on fire is annoying, firepots are annoying, torches are annoying, unblockables are annoying, archers are annoying, conclusion fire is annoying so how about YES

• No prease uninstall archer scrub

• @dudeface:

No that should be for the man-at-arms’ poison dart blowgun weapon.

Yeah MAA should get the CS:GO flashbangs like in Deadliest Warrior ninjas. They should also flinch like in DW so when someone starts windup you can toss a blowdart or sand into their eyes and it flinches them and they become blinded then drunk/disoriented while you counter-slash them and then they died. But to make it balanced make sure it has no random critical hits.

• @a:

Yeah MAA should get the CS:GO flashbangs like in Deadliest Warrior ninjas. They should also flinch like in DW so when someone starts windup you can toss a blowdart or sand into their eyes and it flinches them and they become blinded then drunk/disoriented while you counter-slash them and then they died. But to make it balanced make sure it has no random critical hits.

What if smoke pots could disorientate? Would make them really strong against archers.

• smoke pots already flinch on hit

• Id be fine with fire arrows, make em go slower, or much less damage for easy* balancing. I dunno if they would see light outside of a mod however…

*Oh man so much could go wrong so wrong and all at once toooooo

• @LTTLWLF:

What if smoke pots could disorientate? Would make them really strong against archers.

You know, on a completely serious note, I think if Vanguard smoke pots could put out fires, that would be really damn awesome. MAA could force smoke pots on bad spots for the enemy team, and if he firepots in the middle of a fight, they can’t just switch to smoke and put themself out while getting melee’d. Meanwhile, if they get lame firepotted before a fight, they can put themselves out. Would make firepots a lot less stupid, MAA would have to make sure he won’t get engaged himself before he is able to firepot the enemy in a spot where they can’t smokepot immediately.

But this isn’t going to happen lul.

• @a:

You know, on a completely serious note, I think if Vanguard smoke pots could put out fires, that would be really damn awesome. MAA could force smoke pots on bad spots for the enemy team, and if he firepots in the middle of a fight, they can’t just switch to smoke and put themself out while getting melee’d. Meanwhile, if they get lame firepotted before a fight, they can put themselves out. Would make firepots a lot less stupid, MAA would have to make sure he won’t get engaged himself before he is able to firepot the enemy in a spot where they can’t smokepot immediately.

But this isn’t going to happen lul.

too much coding required from torn blunder

maybe chiv 2