This is why I'm quitting

• Just play part time tbh. The op might enjoy reducing his Chivalry more if spread out over time.
    You don’t actually lose skills earned at Chivalry imo. Its not as if you have to master strafe
    runs or rocket jumps but merely pick up a sword fight. This stuff is not forgotten at all.

• @Toll:

Anyway welcome to, what I assume you will be going to, Counter Strike Global Offensive. A game that rewards skill far more than Chivalry can, I wish it wasn’t true.

You mean awards luck.

• @Rickvs:

**Meta
    **Now this problem is more than likely due to a natural cause; the game’s lifetime. Over the course of 2 years players slowly discovered drags, reverses, weapons more powerful than others, some class-based exploits, the effectiveness of caveman-meta and so forth.

Doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be fixed.

This 100%.The game has too many lvl40+ spinning knights and vanguards with 5000 DPI, that are practically unbeatable when playing against them properly(as the game was intended).

• @nanotekGT:

This 100%.The game has too many lvl40+ spinning knights and vanguards with 5000 DPI, that are practically unbeatable when playing against them properly(as the game was intended).

Does properly mean only LMB with not feint or block?

• @nanotekGT:

I never said they were unbeatable. I’m sorry, I disagree with you on this. If anything, I find non-stop dragging predictable and (under normal circumstances) easily countered.

But that’s my point. Those “normal” circumstances are rare (and by rare circumstances I mean when kick bloody functions correctly).

The big problem I have with spin2win is that there’s no end to it. Your opponent keeps ruining the flow of combat by combo’ing on and on and on and there’s nothing you can do about it but either attempt to kick and fail at it or attempt to dance out of reach, which is a suicidal plan when you play as a Knight or sometimes even a Vanguard.

I’m assuming it’s become quite clear by now but I’ll say it again to end this post;

I absolutely fucking hate having to wait for your opponent to stop combo’ing every single time instead of having the opportunity of making him stop.

• @ChuckingIt:

Of course. Everyone knows the right mouse button was not intended to be used.
    It is the Devil’s Button!

• @Xylvion:

You mean awards luck.

Care to explain? So how is Counter Strike luck based or rewards luck…wtf?

I’m surprised to said something like that since you play chivalry…a game that highly rewards luck because of how broken it is.

Go spectate some ‘‘competitive’’ scrims. Count the amount of desyncs and lucky kills, count the times people try to gamble because how easy hit trades are and how unrewarding reading feints are, they rather gamble than waste time and try to read a good feint. Then you unbalanced mechanics like dodge and weapons like firepots, incosistent mechanics like flinch. It adds way too much randomness, hard to consider this a competitive game.

At this point you should know what luck really is, there’s no mechanic in CS that rewards gambling. randomness will always be there because we’re humans, and other factors like lag, bugs, balance, but in no way CS rewards lotto gamblers. It’s not even close to chivalry when it comes to randomness.

• @The random joe above
    A complete noob can get a lucky headshot and get a kill, similar to crossbows in chivalry, however good you are you can still get hit by a random shot around the corner or just a random shot in general. You can’t do anything to evade the person, just hope that you’re lucky and he misses. (Ofc you can do left to right movements and duck in between and stuff, but you can’t actually make the other persons bullets useless). But then ofcourse there’s skill in FPS games as well, which includes reaction times and recoil management.
    Even if chivalry is glitchy and desyncs all the time and ping, FPS and FOV makes you perform in other ways you can actually do something against people trying to hit you, except for archers and throwables. If you see your enemy gamble in chiv it’s your fault for not using mechanics such as CftP or FtP as gambling usually occurs when you’re feinting then you should be prepared to parry right after.

• @ChuckingIt:

No, by proper i mean everything, except dragging, rainbow overhead, doing stuff that would be physically not possible with all that armour on.

• @nanotekGT:

doing stuff that would be physically not possible with all that armour on.

Oh boy here we go

• @Xylvion:

@The random joe above
    A complete noob can get a lucky headshot and get a kill, similar to crossbows in chivalry, however good you are you can still get hit by a random shot around the corner or just a random shot in general. You can’t do anything to evade the person, just hope that you’re lucky and he misses. (Ofc you can do left to right movements and duck in between and stuff, but you can’t actually make the other persons bullets useless). But then ofcourse there’s skill in FPS games as well, which includes reaction times and recoil management.
    Even if chivalry is glitchy and desyncs all the time and ping, FPS and FOV makes you perform in other ways you can actually do something against people trying to hit you, except for archers and throwables. If you see your enemy gamble in chiv it’s your fault for not using mechanics such as CftP or FtP as gambling usually occurs when you’re feinting then you should be prepared to parry right after.

Oh wait, cftp and ftp are inconsistent, adding another element of randomness because of broken game mechanics, one of the reasons why OP quit this game, remember?. Did you forget the fact that cftp will eventually fuck you over because it takes a considerable amount of stamina? specially against MAAs.

Calling me a random joe totally makes your argument much more believable, FPS players laugh at your comment though. You act like this game requires much skill when all you need is knowledge on how to beat each setup 1v1, because the devs have always pushed a Rock/paper/scissors playstyle, the massive stamina limitations make it more obvious.

Surprised you’re talking to me about this stuff since i doubt you’re into the almost dead competitive scene in chivalry, let alone in CS.

• this thread is pure gold

lol@xyvlion calling someone random joe

lol@ chiv and cs luck game

• Yup, this thread deserves an award.

@ashvins:

You act like this game requires much skill when all you need is knowledge on how to beat each setup

By Jove, Random Joe is correct! Executing actions correctly based on knowledge gained from prior experience isn’t skill. IT’S THE DEVIL!

• @BillDoor:

Yup, this thread deserves an award.

By Jove, Random Joe is correct! Executing actions correctly based on knowledge gained from prior experience isn’t skill. IT’S THE DEVIL!

Execution is the easiest part of chiv once you adquire the knowledge and the experience, CS is 99% execution.

facepalm Why do you have to act all sarcastic if you’re reinforcing my point?. Nobody is arguing that chivalry doesn’t take skill or that it’s based on luck. It does take skill, but execution is the easy part. The biggest problem is the randomness due to unbalanced mechanics, bad animations, bugs. Chivalry is a terrible competitive game due to these problems. Top competitive games like CS have minimal ramdomness by design, saying it rewards luck is nonsense.

Do you also think CS is a luck based game? or are you just trying to bug me.

• If you want to be good at Chivalry, all you need to do is learn how to play.
    I learned this wisdom from big censorman Crushed. Follow it and succeed in your stomping.

“You just need to know how to kill your enemy.” -Crushed, 2014

• pointless rant of d00m

• CS GO promotes more teamplay and teamwork (note how valve made it a bit more casual then 1.6 with making it more teamplay focused) and chiv is more individual skill, i like the latter much more

• Global Moderator

@CRUSHED:

CS GO promotes more teamplay and teamwork (note how valve made it a bit more casual then 1.6 with making it more teamplay focused) and chiv is more individual skill, i like the latter much more

We noticed.

• @CRUSHED:

this thread is pure gold

lol@xyvlion calling someone random joe

lol@ chiv and cs luck game

luck based recoil spread

• @ashvins:

Oh wait, cftp and ftp are inconsistent, adding another element of randomness because of broken game mechanics, one of the reasons why OP quit this game, remember?. Did you forget the fact that cftp will eventually fuck you over because it takes a considerable amount of stamina? specially against MAAs.

Calling me a random joe totally makes your argument much more believable, FPS players laugh at your comment though. You act like this game requires much skill when all you need is knowledge on how to beat each setup 1v1, because the devs have always pushed a Rock/paper/scissors playstyle, the massive stamina limitations make it more obvious.

Surprised you’re talking to me about this stuff since i doubt you’re into the almost dead competitive scene in chivalry, let alone in CS.

I’ve never had FtP or CFtP fail, ever, it’s not broken. Speaking of the stamina it drains, just take some time and look up the changes I suggested which would make it cost a lot less, the stamina warfare is probably the major drawback of chiv atm.

You are a random joe as I have no clue who you are, only seen you on the forums recently.
    I don’t play duel so I’m used to other situations than 1v1, doesn’t matter which setup the opponents have, but with enough game time you’ll start to see patterns of how people play and you can basically predict their moves, if I screw up I can usually rely on CFtP or FtP or even comboparry.

And no I’m not into the comp scene in chivalry, I was going to join it, but university + unstable comp scene made me decide not to.
    Ofc I don’t play CS comped, I played like what 5 ranked rounds together with some of my pals, most of them being around the first rank and one being something you’d be after 500+hours. So obviously we’d face people around his rank but even so we won. So 4 noobs+1 decent player is better than 5 decent players. I hardly knew what I was doing except for aiming for the head and shooting. I really cannot take FPS games seriously as there’s no way to defend against enemies and therefor too much randomness.

Ofcourse this is just my opinion.