List of bits that need changing/ tweaking

• So far, great game, really good fun.

The problem for me though, is that it still feels like a beta… not a released product.

So here is my list of suggestions for bits that need tweaking or changing.

1. UI - I find the UI very minimalistic, a bit too minimalistic.
      For example, the scoreboard is great, though when selecting loadouts/ weapons, it just doesn’t fit. Maybe add some patterns/ designs around the selection boxes, and make it look like the way the scoreboard looks.

2. HUD - The indicators for objectives, again, just feels slapped in, and not ‘integrated’ into the game. At the moment, it’s just a blue arrow with standard font.
      My suggestion would be to make it look like it’s part of the game… (I’m not a designer, so I can’t say how). Our commander has told us to Protect the Trebuchet’s. Make those Trebuchet’s stand out, and encourage us to protect them, rather than overlaying just a blue arrow.

3. Pronunciation - Speaking of Trebuchet’s… As a Mason playing Knight - when Pressing Z,1,5 - “Protect the TrebuCHETS with your lives!”.
      I understand American’s might pronounce it TrebuCHET’s, but the English (which the VO sounds like it is supposed to be) pronounce it TrebuSHAY. - The way the French pronounce it.

4. Stamina - Make it worth something. At the moment, I don’t have to worry about my Stamina at all while I am running around and squashing heads. I think 1 handed needs to use more stamina when swinging, and same with 2 handed. It will prevent random swing-to-win problems.
      Perhaps even go as far as for 2 handed, allow 2 large swings until stamina drains, but recharge at a much faster rate. And for 1 handed, allow 4 swings, again, with a fast recharge. - Blocking stops the recharge temporarily.
      Just an idea to help balance the field.

5. Optimization - Don’t really need to go into it, I’m sure you guys know that the game needs more optimization.

6. Remove Interrupt System - Sorry, but the current interrupt system makes 1v1 a 1-handed mans game.
      I know… “team game” and all… but everyone ends up in a 1v1 situation anyway (until a friend comes along) and that usually means the 1 handed guy wins… Spam left click, and you will win… as 2 handed can’t block in time on every hit, the swing from 2 handed gets interrupted all the time… the only way to counter 1 handed spam is to be one handed yourself.

So far great game though. I’m thoroughly enjoying it! :D

• Stamina system is perfect, it dont need a change. CMW has a fast gameplay, thats why it should take some time to drain all of your stamina. But it can happen very fast, maybe you just didnt survived long enough…

• While I think the main focus, and this is probably also the fact, should be optimization and bugfixing, the voices are really a bit canny at times. The war cries and suchs sound nice, but the sound quality of the personal messages are a bit off.

Although this is purely cosmetic as I see it.

• bump, with added 6th point

• Regarding the 1 vs 1 situation, just kick the 1h away and then swing, I don’t know. You could also try improving your footwork…

• @flappers:

1. UI - I find the UI very minimalistic, a bit too minimalistic.
      For example, the scoreboard is great, though when selecting loadouts/ weapons, it just doesn’t fit. Maybe add some patterns/ designs around the selection boxes, and make it look like the way the scoreboard looks.

Agree, AoC had a fairly simplistic yet immersive and good looking UI in general.

@flappers:

1. HUD - The indicators for objectives, again, just feels slapped in, and not ‘integrated’ into the game. At the moment, it’s just a blue arrow with standard font.
      My suggestion would be to make it look like it’s part of the game… (I’m not a designer, so I can’t say how). Our commander has told us to Protect the Trebuchet’s. Make those Trebuchet’s stand out, and encourage us to protect them, rather than overlaying just a blue arrow.

Agree.

@flappers:

1. Pronunciation - Speaking of Trebuchet’s… As a Mason playing Knight - when Pressing Z,1,5 - “Protect the TrebuCHETS with your lives!”.
      I understand American’s might pronounce it TrebuCHET’s, but the English (which the VO sounds like it is supposed to be) pronounce it TrebuSHAY. - The way the French pronounce it.

Not something i bother much.

@flappers:

1. Stamina - Make it worth something. At the moment, I don’t have to worry about my Stamina at all while I am running around and squashing heads. I think 1 handed needs to use more stamina when swinging, and same with 2 handed. It will prevent random swing-to-win problems.
      Perhaps even go as far as for 2 handed, allow 2 large swings until stamina drains, but recharge at a much faster rate. And for 1 handed, allow 4 swings, again, with a fast recharge. - Blocking stops the recharge temporarily.
      Just an idea to help balance the field.

Sprinting should drain stamina. Also hitting should drain.

@flappers:

1. Optimization - Don’t really need to go into it, I’m sure you guys know that the game needs more optimization.

It is not bad, but it could be better.

@flappers:

1. Remove Interrupt System - Sorry, but the current interrupt system makes 1v1 a 1-handed mans game.
      I know… “team game” and all… but everyone ends up in a 1v1 situation anyway (until a friend comes along) and that usually means the 1 handed guy wins… Spam left click, and you will win… as 2 handed can’t block in time on every hit, the swing from 2 handed gets interrupted all the time… the only way to counter 1 handed spam is to be one handed yourself.

Only the two-handers should interrupt. Getting perma-interrupted by a dagger is funny.

• i don’t think sprinting should drain stamina (as realistic it may be). it just seems needlessly making things real life like. free sprint just encourages action and confrontation IMO. the current stamina drain is fine, i agree that it dosen’t really become a major factor in a 1v1, but often you engage more than you can handle, and that stamina is really going to be needed.

• @RecklessStrategy:

i don’t think sprinting should drain stamina (as realistic it may be). it just seems needlessly making things real life like. free sprint just encourages action and confrontation IMO. the current stamina drain is fine, i agree that it dosen’t really become a major factor in a 1v1, but often you engage more than you can handle, and that stamina is really going to be needed.

AoC had it, and it was fairly balanced. Maybe costs stamina when your stamina is not full?

Also we need toggle crouch.