Why is swing recovery time longer than flinch recovery?

• so when you hit someone you get punished because their flinch time recovers faster than your weapon attack recovery, and a fast weapon can get a free hit that you cannot counter unless you cftp out of your own attack that landed.

Great right?…

• @50ShadesofClay:

so when you hit someone you get punished because their flinch time recovers faster than your weapon attack recovery, and a fast weapon can get a free hit that you cannot counter unless you cftp out of your own attack that landed.

Great right?…

And when you trade, even if you hit first they get the initiative because they leave the flinch state earlier. What even.

• It’s really frustrating to hit someone in the beginning of your release just to be forced to parry or CFtP.

I would imagine it’s hard to make flinch time long enough to prevent this without seriously hurting 1vsN playability. If flinch was long enough to provide equal opportunity for initiative to the attacker even after the recovery time of a maul swing, it would be reeeeaally long.

Still a bit longer flinch time for 1-handers would be a welcome change IMO.

• recovery parry when

• @kwazi:

recovery parry when

Recovery parry after successful hit HYPE HYPE HYPE.

E: wouldn’t really change anything because you still couldn’t attack before your opponent.

• @50ShadesofClay:

so when you hit someone you get punished because their flinch time recovers faster than your weapon attack recovery, and a fast weapon can get a free hit that you cannot counter unless you cftp out of your own attack that landed.

Great right?…

If you hit someone and combo you stay at initiative against this one person.
    If you dont combo and your weapon is not significantly faster than your opponent then you lose intiative.
    But you still leave your recovery ages before your opponent strikes you.
    So i dont know what you are getting at? Its common sense not to stop attacking until the opponet is dead.

• This is so bad with Zwei. Let’s say you hittrade with a MAA - Hey. Zwei hittrade with a puny 1h sounds awesome, right? WRONG, you are both flinched but he winds up and lands another attack on tou while you are STILL in release. Because you were hit, you can not combo to cftp either to prevent this ordeal. Let’s hope that hittrade was an overhead headshot because otherwise the MAA is getting two hits on you, and let’s hope those two hits aren’t sword stab headshots or flanged mace overheads.

It’s tolerable with most weapons, but even .9 is too little for 2h, though .9 is still leagues ahead of .8 flinch. Many times it has been adjusted that weapon-specified flinches would be better and flinch-time that changes accordingly to when you hit during release would be best, but I doubt TBS will do that for Chiv MW.

• @Fang:

Recovery parry after successful hit HYPE HYPE HYPE.

E: wouldn’t really change anything because you still couldn’t attack before your opponent.

slasher has this fyi

i dont see why slow weapons shouldnt get longer flinch times than faster ones

• @zombojoe:

slasher has this fyi

i dont see why slow weapons shouldnt get longer flinch times than faster ones

is this the release cutting thing youre talkin aboot

• @TheFunnySide:

If you hit someone and combo you stay at initiative against this one person.
    If you dont combo and your weapon is not significantly faster than your opponent then you lose intiative.
    But you still leave your recovery ages before your opponent strikes you.
    So i dont know what you are getting at? Its common sense not to stop attacking until the opponet is dead.

unfortunately, in anything but pub matches… comboing usually is bad. It’s the easiest shit to parry when you know another attack is coming right afterward.

• @50ShadesofClay:

unfortunately, in anything but pub matches… comboing usually is bad. It’s the easiest shit to parry when you know another attack is coming right afterward.

I agree that having to combo every time is a kinda lazy “workaround” because if you happen to be out of stamina and you can’t combo, your enemy with the faster weapon will either get a free hit on you or he can force you to parry, dazing you.

Ideally you should always combo if there are more enemies around after you hit or kill someone because chances are there’s an attack coming that can be impossible to parry with release-to-parry. The thing is that there is so little stamina this will render players useless pretty fast and will result in Panting Warfare.

• @swagfox:

is this the release cutting thing youre talkin aboot

you can parry immediately after getting a hit but you can also cut your release and windup an attack immediately as well

you can do a pseudo stab into stab combo with it as long as your first strike deals dmg

• aka u can go instantly to idle when u hit someone

u can also stop ur release when u hit someone when u want to prevent teamhits 8)

• @50ShadesofClay:

Well i and most other people are happy that you cant use stabs 100% of the time. Or that you can only savely feint the first attack.
    There is also a lot of combos in the game that have benn proven to be very deadly and work time and time again

• @zombojoe:

you can parry immediately after getting a hit but you can also cut your release and windup an attack immediately as well

you can do a pseudo stab into stab combo with it as long as your first strike deals dmg

I can imagine this ending up super stronk pretty quickly, combofeinting with release cancels pls. Idea’s cool though.

• well, before CFtP was reintroduced and recovery parry was the thing you couldn’t really combo as it punished you. now you have to combo to parry. Crushed’s idea about recovery parry on a successful hit is actually a good one and should be implemented.

• @Xylvion:

well, before CFtP was reintroduced and recovery parry was the thing you couldn’t really combo as it punished you. now you have to combo to parry. Crushed’s idea about recovery parry on a successful hit is actually a good one and should be implemented.

Crushed’s idea is straight from Slasher and I have to agree it’s pretty good.

• crushed’s old idea of first hit flinch is also good and just so happens to be straight from slasher

• marox also has a good mind for these mechanics, like just allowing to go instantly to idle once you hit someone, essentially recovery parry on hit just better

• @Kreittis:

Crushed’s idea is straight from Slasher and I have to agree it’s pretty good.

He actually had that idea before Slasher afaik.

I don’t like first hit flinch though for obvious reasons.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.