Why do weapons hit the floor but dont get cancelled

• sometimes I even hear the noise but it still combos or something
    is this a bug or a consistency issue or a ‘feature’

• I remember a dev saying the tracers have to go through a wall or floor a certain amount to be stopped. So, weapons can hit walls and floors and still combo as long as they barely touch them. If you can sometimes hear the noise, then it’s a consistency issue. very consistent game tbh

• actually its a very consistent mechanic

if you graze an object your weapon wont bounce off but it will still do dmg to said object

that means any objective that you have to hit with your weapon, if you graze the object you can do dmg to it and continue into a combo instead of waiting for the weapon to go back to idle

• @zombojoe:

actually its a very consistent mechanic

if you graze an object your weapon wont bounce off but it will still do dmg to said object

that means any objective that you have to hit with your weapon, if you graze the object you can do dmg to it and continue into a combo instead of waiting for the weapon to go back to idle

but its lame in duel when you hear the sound on your mlg headphones but then noxas halberd smacks you in the face

• Global Moderator

@Rekrab:

but its lame in duel when you hear the sound on your mlg headphones but then noxas halberd smacks you in the face

Well I think it would be equally lame for the halberdier if the very point of his weapon scratches the floor bringing his whole weapon to a stop.

With silent parries happening all too often you gotta rely on vision.

• @lemonater47:

Well I think it would be equally lame for the halberdier if the very point of his weapon scratches the floor bringing his whole weapon to a stop.

With silent parries happening all too often you gotta rely on vision.

Yeah but I would prefer it if it maybe had a different sound if it only scratches the floor :>

• i would prefer it if the grunting from going into release actually worked so you could call feints with sound

chibalry consistent game

• This has happened to me several times. I kick the fucker into a wall so when he does his overhead he hits the wall and gets interrupted. I listen for the sound of him hitting the wall and eat a sword anyway. And what the fuck is this shit even?

• @Ranulf:

I remember a dev saying the tracers have to go through a wall or floor a certain amount to be stopped.

Yup, enable showdebug 1 and do some drags trying to hit the floor or other objects and you will notice a WORLD_DEFLECT state or something like that when you hit them with sufficient strength.

It’s pretty consistent though I’ve done some stabs with the brandi that should’ve been interrupted but they were not.
    Also, when lookdown messer overheads were hot, people would graze the floor like crazy and still combo, which you can’t really pull off with a longsword due to its reach. I made a post about this, since the Messer is supposedly a very “heavy” weapon and the momentum of its overhead should cause it to hit the floor even harder- but whatever

• @Oy:

This has happened to me several times. I kick the fucker into a wall so when he does his overhead he hits the wall and gets interrupted. I listen for the sound of him hitting the wall and eat a sword anyway. And what the fuck is this shit even?

Not to nitpick, but I see this happening a lot with the big bad vanguard swords, probably because their length makes it more obvious. The fact that they can swing through trees, rocks, walls and the ground probably adds to the LMBeezus mindset the pub vans have these days. “If I can swing through a tree, I can swing through my team”.

Could just be latency, who knows

• swinging through a tree is latency

• @zombojoe:

swinging through a tree is latency

or a tree with no collision, heh, heh, like those two trees by the water in Moor, near the big rock.

When I’m outnumbered I always try to lure the other team there so I can just spam LMB hoping they’ll play defensively due to nonexistent collisions.

• @LTTLWLF:

Not to nitpick, but I see this happening a lot with the big bad vanguard swords, probably because their length makes it more obvious.

I was thinking about a Zwiehander when I typed that, so yeah, the Vg swords are probably the worst for it. If just enough of the tip goes through the wall or ground and keeps going, then don’t play a Tibb dammed collision sound please. I like my expensive dlc helmets undented. You know how long it takes to paint and polish those things? And I’m constantly having my peasant hat sewn up after I get my face slashed in half by the LMBguard behind the guy I’m fighting. Is it so Tibbing hard to not slice through your teammate and try to steal his kill? Oh my Tibbs.