Some tips?

• hello guys im new in this game and i only play with knight with shield and 1h weapon but idk what 1h weapon is the best for knight with shield? Can u give me some tips? And tips for all classes?

This topic is good also for new players, like me :P

• Global Moderator

I always use SOW one handed with a shield.

• SoW is a good quick one-hander but it’s weak against Knights. Morning Star has good drags but is weak against MaA (kind of). Norse sword is a good go-to for an all-rounder, and Holy Water Sprinkler is like a quicker, shorter Morning Star.

• 1h Longsword or norse sword and you’re set, the LS is great while fighting multiple opponents because of its length and the norse sword as a backup to easily get rid of pesky 1v1 situations.

• I just get morning star, it’s nice for crushing some heads but it’s slow but good for damage. Reach for that norse sword is low, lower than this mace but don’t know. I will try with holy water but let me go to church first… :)

• @Xylvion:

1h Longsword or norse sword and you’re set, the LS is great while fighting multiple opponents because of its length and the norse sword as a backup to easily get rid of pesky 1v1 situations.

One-handed Longsword always seems to have wonky tracers or something though, like the lmb ends prematurely and I see the sword hit but not hit. Other times it works great. I dunno lol.

• The problem with shields is the delay in raising them and the vulnerability to a heavy kick. All depends on the type of game you are playing - heavy weapons like messer is best for FFA and TO. I only use shields when switching to face an archer.

• @Oy:

One-handed Longsword always seems to have wonky tracers or something though, like the lmb ends prematurely and I see the sword hit but not hit. Other times it works great. I dunno lol.

You’re thinking of 1h SoW, that shit is weird as hell.

• @Xylvion:

You’re thinking of 1h SoW, that shit is weird as hell.

Nah man, at rank 48 I hope I’d know the difference between sow and ls lol :p. Sow has nice stab ripostes, ls drags well but has weird swings.

• Dude if you just tap rmb with a shield when facehuging someone, it has the effect of a feint and cost 0 (ZERO) stamina. Test yourself, its super effective and its scarry as fuck lol, try on your friends they will love it.

Since you said you are new to the game, I belive its valid to say to you that just like normal feint, you gotta use this tecnic when you got the fight momentum. Don’t feint someone who is going to attack you because you will A) take a hit to the face B) feint and parry and thus r-ape your stamina (sometimes you can make your opponent feint to parry, but you cant use this everytime imo). If your opponent is on defensive and you are really close to him, tap rmb for the win!

But you should try to play vanguard more, its the only true medieval man class in the game fyi, you will love the polehammer against knights and 1 shoting maas/archers with the zweihander. Also its good for you to learn drags, b0ckswings, cftp and all these shit. Not that you can’t learn with other classes, its just that vanguard is the only true medieval man class in the game, rest is for pansies

• @Vanguard:

Dude if you just tap rmb with a shield when facehuging someone, it has the effect of a feint and cost 0 (ZERO) stamina. Test yourself, its super effective and its scarry as fuck lol, try on your friends they will love it.

Since you said you are new to the game, I belive its valid to say to you that just like normal feint, you gotta use this tecnic when you got the fight momentum. Don’t feint someone who is going to attack you because you will A) take a hit to the face B) feint and parry and thus r-ape your stamina (sometimes you can make your opponent feint to parry, but you cant use this everytime imo). If your opponent is on defensive and you are really close to him, tap rmb for the win!

But you should try to play vanguard more, its the only true medieval man class in the game fyi, you will love the polehammer against knights and 1 shoting maas/archers with the zweihander. Also its good for you to learn drags, b0ckswings, cftp and all these shit. Not that you can’t learn with other classes, its just that vanguard is the only true medieval man class in the game, rest is for pansies

That’s is good tip for whole gameplay but i like knights more, i like shield game dont know why but that’s me. I will try to play with him but im not sure i will be good like on knight. :)

• There are a few factors in this game that makes you good.
    1: Parry. This means that you know when to parry, for example when the windups are over and if the opponent is going to drag. Also feint reading and being able to see ripostes (Above 80 ping ripostes are annoying). Knowing when and how to parry is probably the thing most people should aim for. Now you use shields so you really only need to learn ‘reading feints’ and kicks. Now the feint reading doesn’t have to be perfect, but mostly newbies block in the direction they think the opponents strike will come from but if they feint and attack from the other direction you will be screwed if you don’t see it in time. (Can be hard with towershield as it’s huge and covers 99% of the screen, yay)
    2: Attacking. Missing hits costs stamina, make sure you know your reach and try to keep your accuracy above at least 70%. This is especially important while using shields as you have to manage your stamina even more. It’s also good to know how to do proper feints and drags as they might help you.
    3: Footwork. Really important to be able to sidestep opponents, matrix away from them so you can land a free hit or even not parry at all because you know they’re out of range. As a shielduser this should be really important for you as you shouldn’t try to block when there’s nothing to block and use every opportunity you’ve got to land free hits on your enemy.

Shieldstuff. As a shielduser you can basically stop an enemies attack as if he’d hit the ceiling or a wall. this is really helpful if you got a team mate nearby, you can completely stop your enemies attack making him go into a ‘collision recovery state’ which could let your team mate get a free hit. The shield is great at saving team mates, keep that in mind. Other than that as a shielduser, if possible, you should try to take out the enemy archers asap. You’re the only one that will be able to get to them without taking major headshot damage, you will probably still get shot but getting rid of that pesky archer is required for your team to advance. Other than that, shields are fun and you basically get immune to feints and drags, but you use more stamina and you cannot riposte. Don’t try to take on multiple enemies by yourself at first, get an ally to help you out.

• Xylvion that was 80% of tip what i need soo thank you very much. Im friendly player that’s why i use shields, for helping my boys that can win :) Soo what 1h wep to use, what do u suggest? :)

• As I mentioned earlier in the thread Longsword is really good as a one hander once you get used to it, but against MAAs or in other 1v1 situations norse sword is probably your best bet.

• I wish Knights could use 1h axes. Tbs why?

• @Oy:

I wish Knights could use 1h axes. Tbs why?

Same reason MAAs can’t use Maul.

• @Xylvion:

Same reason MAAs can’t use Maul.

Don’t deny how awesome both these scenarios are man.

It would be great to wear 1h axe but we cant :/