The Official Flail Fanboy's Thread

• Just as the title suggests. I LOVE the flails but they don’t love me back. :(

I’m not an expert in this game and I do not know the exact stats for the flails but I don’t see anyone using them because they’re hard and akward to use and not really rewarding. I’ve lost count of how many times I slashed right through someone’s torso without even hitting him. Recovery and windup seem too slow aswell (for the heavy one) for this reach. But that’s just my two nooby cents. ;)

So here is your time to shine and suggest some balance options for the flails! (You nerds :applouse:)

• Flails suck

• my suggestion: remove flail

• You’re not fanboys. :(

Serious suggestions please. :P
    Range increase, windup/recovery decrease? What would you do with flails if you were Tibbs?

• They sincerly have to be brought up to be at least on par with the warhammer seeing as the range is similar and that you have to use shields with them:

• Here’s the thing; if you want to play flail you have to ignore the magic thing on your right hand. It’s not meant for hitting people.

Instead, that trinket allows you to punch with your shield. Use this. Do not hit people with your trinket, it sucks. Do hit people with your shield. That’s how you play flail.

Oh, and remember to sacrifice 12 newborn goats to RNG Jesus when you pick up the flail because the RNG in strong with flail shield.

• Flail is the best weapon in black knight though. All you do is ask someone to lob off your right arm and you run around with a towershield. Now here’s the thing, you can still stab and deal damage, you can block with the shield, you can shieldbash. It’s a lot of fun and people are usually not suspecting it.

• @Xylvion:

They sincerly have to be brought up to be at least on par with the warhammer seeing as the range is similar and that you have to use shields with them:

These are some pretty damn good changes. Though with the animations its pretty easy to land headshots with overheads all the time. How mad will archers get lol. The stab might be a bit too powerful also. The 0.025 combo time increase isn’t really enough to counter the HTK change. You’ll be two hitting enemies with a stab involved.

• @lemonater47:

These are some pretty damn good changes. Though with the animations its pretty easy to land headshots with overheads all the time. How mad will archers get lol. The stab might be a bit too powerful also. The 0.025 combo time increase isn’t really enough to counter the HTK change. You’ll be two hitting enemies with a stab involved.

I actually changed the timers first and only did some minor changes to the damage. I still think that the stab, which is a shieldbash should be stronger than the stab with warhammer. The timers still seem fair for the ‘Spiked flail’ but The heavy flail should perhaps only have the changes to the release timers and the stab combo timer. I still don’t think archers would be mad if a flail 1hit them, 1 it’s slow, it’s short and it requires the use of a shield. should be easy for archers to wreck it in melee even if it got buffed, although harder than what it is now.

• The heavy flail will be the ultimate ninja weapon.

• I actually really like this proposal. :)

I mean, I got nothing against a weapon that’s harder to use than the rest, but the flails are just not rewarding at all right now. Warhammer received a good buff that made it viable to use, now it’s the flail’s time to get some repolish.

Hell, I’d even be for less damage and faster attacks. ;)

• Those damage values look very reasonable if you take into account the horrible windup times and the fact that you can’t riposte.

• Reach is all it needs.

Well that and a guaranteed impact when colliding with an enemy.

(And although it’ll most likely never be implemented, I’m still quietly hoping for a charge-up animation for the Flail, like the Sling’s.)

• i really wish you could use the flail without shield, i would use it alot

the shield just kills it tho no matter how much you buff it

plz tb implement my metal fist idea instead of shield :(

• A small buckler that acts like a parry and doesn’t block arrows would be nice. Call it “small shield” or “parry shield” or something since TBS already calls round shield buckler.

Metal fist wouldn’t make sense since knights already wear plate gauntlets. I mean, it would be badass and all but muh immersion.

• Flail is only fun because of the shield punch.

Should just ditch the flail and dual-wield heater shields, IMHO.

• @Kreittis:

A small buckler that acts like a parry and doesn’t block arrows would be nice. Call it “small shield” or “parry shield” or something since TBS already calls round shield buckler.

Metal fist wouldn’t make sense since knights already wear plate gauntlets. I mean, it would be badass and all but muh immersion.

Would be awesome imo

• @dudeface:

Flail is only fun because of the shield punch.

Should just ditch the flail and dual-wield heater shields, IMHO.

DS style wall build. Double tower shields all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXp8Th41rBs

• Two tower shields and a top hat. Remarkable.

• The only halfway viable option I found was normal flail + heater shield. Still hard to use. :s