TPV should be the competitive view

• You know why Age of Chivalry was in first person? Because it was a Source mod built around first person shooter!

Playing this game in FPV would be like playing Tekken in FPV. It makes no sense, you need to be able to see your hurtboxes and hitboxes. And you can’t see the full arc of your swing in FPV. Or, actually, you can, you just have to set your FOV to 120.

Sure it adds some skill, to be able to judge distance with fishbowl vision, but is that really a skill we want to emphasize? And you don’t even need that skill if you have a multi-monitor setup or a ridiculously wide monitor. So in the end, it does nothing but favor the people with ridiculous monitor setups. Stop thinking in nostalgia and please use some logic…

• I never played AOC. I hate playing in 3rd person. It allows you to do lame things like peek corners and over terrain, while giving you a 360 view around yourself.

I wish they never introduced 3rd person to the game, but casual people love it. So it helps with sales.

• I sometimes use 3rd person because the animations look better :>

• Can’t parry shit in 3rd person. I rather have both of them then only 3rd person tbh

But 1st person is the best imo, even with fisheye effect

• You can get rid of the fisheye effect easily though. I don’t remember if it’s in UDKEngine.ini or UDKGame.ini that you ca change the “FOVAngle” (Vertical FOV) the default for that is 90, but for example if I got 140 fov and 115 Vfov then there’s no fisheye effect what so ever. I even tried it on 179/179 and it was somewhat decent as far as I recall.

Other than that 3rd person shouldn’t be in the game as it gives unfair advantages and UAV.

• @ChuckingIt:

I never played AOC. I hate playing in 3rd person. It allows you to do lame things like peek corners and over terrain, while giving you a 360 view around yourself.

I wish they never introduced 3rd person to the game, but casual people love it. So it helps with sales.

You can peek corners with 120 fov

• As a firstperson Knight of honour do you really think I would lower my standards of high quality by using thirdperson? you thirdperson ballerinas are cowards and will never have a reply worth the dust in my hoover bag. I write this with my back to the wall. The only weapon you should have is a wooden sword.

• Third-person is trash.

I play this game because it is first-person.

• I go in 3rd to look at my cool customs

• We need a 3rd person view that looks at your character from the front. And a flex muscle button.

• Can Yang throw in a nice beard-stroke animation? Also is Yang still working there?

• Reading these forums is making my head hurt.

• @Kreittis:

Reading these forums is making my head hurt.

no silly thats the caveman meta doing that

• @Kreittis:

Reading these forums is making my head hurt.

If you want I can punch you in the stomach so you forget about your headache.

• @Oy:

If you want I can punch you in the stomach so you forget about your headache.

Physical threats against fellow forum user.

Mods, you know what to do.

• offensive avatar as well

• This post is deleted!

• i use third person for dancing only.

• I use third for reloading crossbows and for looking at my sexy customizations.

• @Xylvion:

I use third for reloading crossbows and for looking at my sexy customizations.

I have my reload button set like this

“BehindView | GBA_Reload | onrelease BehindView”